Seasonal Fluctuations chart is a big lie

deerefarm

Re: Seasonal Fluctuations chart is a big lie

Post by deerefarm »

I had a feeling it was bugged and had started to make a list of crop prices for various months. But thanks to you OP, you have confirmed exactly what I thought. I wish they had a. Made it a bar graph instead of the silly graph it is that makes no sense. And b. Wish they had two graphs. One that shows the actual average price per month, which gets updated each month so you could look back over the past year. And a second one that shows "predicted" future averages that shows an average price for the upcoming year. Kind of like the futures market that exists in real life for crops, and animals.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

it doesn't lie per se, every individual selling point is still subject to fluctuation per crop/item type independent of other places, just like in FS19, additionally the currant month then acts as a multiplayer to all the places buying that crop/item type.

thus there is nothing stopping place A from having a significantly higher price than places B, C and D in a month that the specific crop/item type would be at a low, just as there is nothing stopping places A, B, C and D from having low prices in months you would expect a high price, etc etc.

you then have the white lateral bar that shows the average of all the prices.

all the month dose is apply a multiplayer somewhere between 0.81 to 1.21 to all prices e.g. in the case of wheat.

The fact that you may not understand how things work dose not make it broken, to me to works fine.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:16 pm My view is - should have been better implemented, but really not that big a deal.
To be honest, unless the chart was going to be 100% functional, they simply shouldn't have implemented it, it would be less work for them, and we'd know to monitor prices from the start instead of trying to follow the chart.
jeremyj621

Post by jeremyj621 »

b101uk wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:12 am it doesn't lie per se, every individual selling point is still subject to fluctuation per crop/item type independent of other places, just like in FS19, additionally the currant month then acts as a multiplayer to all the places buying that crop/item type.

thus there is nothing stopping place A from having a significantly higher price than places B, C and D in a month that the specific crop/item type would be at a low, just as there is nothing stopping places A, B, C and D from having low prices in months you would expect a high price, etc etc.

you then have the white lateral bar that shows the average of all the prices.

all the month dose is apply a multiplayer somewhere between 0.81 to 1.21 to all prices e.g. in the case of wheat.

The fact that you may not understand how things work dose not make it broken, to me to works fine.
I actually posted about this on another thread, and the white bar only appears on the charts if you're playing on hard difficulty. The charts are bugged, and I reported this to Giants. Hopefully it gets fixed.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:36 pm If you or someone you know has been harmed by the FS22 economy, you may be entitled to compensation.

Call 1-800-WAMBULANCE
"Hello sir, an AI driver just took off with 40,000 liters of wheat and didn't come back. I need the police to track him down"
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

jeremyj621 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:51 amI actually posted about this on another thread, and the white bar only appears on the charts if you're playing on hard difficulty. The charts are bugged, and I reported this to Giants. Hopefully it gets fixed.
the white bar being pegged at the top of the chart is NOT a chart bug though, the chart aspect is fine, the bug is with the maths used for the white bar is not including a divider that is inverse to the multiplier use for difficulty level price increase, so that the white bar appears within the base price range.

e.g. something like:
hard average price /1
medium average price /2
easy average price /4
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

The only lie here is cake, remember the code;

The cake is a lie

There is only pie

Through pie I gain weight

Through weight I gain width

Through width my belts are broken

The force has nothing to do with it
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
NateS

Post by NateS »

Also, if you save/exit/reload, the prices are all different from when you exited last... best price is often at a different location every time you load the same save!
PC & PS4
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

NateS wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:29 pm Also, if you save/exit/reload, the prices are all different from when you exited last... best price is often at a different location every time you load the same save!
I'm not so sure that is the case. I thought the same as you at first but I watch prices carefully now. For example last night I closed down with 22 pallets of lettuce to load up for sale. The price was good €2249. But I went to bed confident it would be okay for today. And it was.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:06 pm
u2020bullet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:41 pm We noticed the same and have started marking the highest prices on paper and monitoring them constantly to know when to sell. The chart is useless.
I've stopped consulting it too. Your results could be interesting.

With production chains (e.g. greenhouse produce where I have to get goods to market before they rot) I have noticed it is my selling activity which has the biggest impact on price. Selling causes a drop in price. I switch between products on a daily basis so I can always get something in that chain with a good price.

I'm building a factory for my grapes. It will be interesting to see if I can play the juice/ dried fruit prices in the same way.
So is it worth it with the factory? The money i threw in for all the equipment, planting grape vines, etc, not to mention the time it took to get everything perfectly cultivated and mulched and after 2 harvest have only ended up with like 30k worth of grapes. Does the factory make it worth it? Cause without it it seems like a huge money/time sink that would take way way too long to pay off.
Ruges

Post by Ruges »

Heard the chart is for auto selling products. Have not done any tests to confirm or deny that. Beyond that all you need to know if the average price. 125% average and 150% average.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:54 am
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:36 pm If you or someone you know has been harmed by the FS22 economy, you may be entitled to compensation.

Call 1-800-WAMBULANCE
"Hello sir, an AI driver just took off with 40,000 liters of wheat and didn't come back. I need the police to track him down"
"Somebody just offerd me 40,000 liters of wheat real cheap" :hmm: :search:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
troypeel467

Post by troypeel467 »

50 hours in and just clued into this. Sold my canola at the "highest" price for 2,000 ish (on easy) next day it's at 2600. Guess I'll have to start watching every day and figure out what the normal highest price is for stuff. Must be bugged, not sure how that didn't get noticed, i feel kind of stupid for not noticing for so long.

Oh well, hopefully we get a patch out soon.
Ryzen 7 5800X
RX 6700 XT
16GB RAM
Since FS11
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

u2020bullet wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:00 pm
StoneTheCrows wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:06 pm
u2020bullet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:41 pm We noticed the same and have started marking the highest prices on paper and monitoring them constantly to know when to sell. The chart is useless.
I've stopped consulting it too. Your results could be interesting.

With production chains (e.g. greenhouse produce where I have to get goods to market before they rot) I have noticed it is my selling activity which has the biggest impact on price. Selling causes a drop in price. I switch between products on a daily basis so I can always get something in that chain with a good price.

I'm building a factory for my grapes. It will be interesting to see if I can play the juice/ dried fruit prices in the same way.
So is it worth it with the factory? The money i threw in for all the equipment, planting grape vines, etc, not to mention the time it took to get everything perfectly cultivated and mulched and after 2 harvest have only ended up with like 30k worth of grapes. Does the factory make it worth it? Cause without it it seems like a huge money/time sink that would take way way too long to pay off.
Just completed the first grape harvest. 21k grapes. Put them all in the factory, the conversion rate is 1:0.7 for grape juice. Price for grapes at the time was 1000 and for grape juice 3000. It's now November, into my third month of grape processing with about 6k left. About 36 pallets of juice so far. According to the charts I can expect high prices this month. It's currently at 2400. In any case the processed grapes seem worth it. The plant could be paid off in 2 years.
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

I ran through three seasons, but stupid me didn't write down the prices.

Does building age affect maint costs? If not, I'll do it again "for science".