Seasonal Fluctuations chart is a big lie

cprieto

Seasonal Fluctuations chart is a big lie

Post by cprieto »

Did somebody notice the Seasonal Fluctuation Chart is everything but a big lie?

After a few runs (letting the year pass at 120x and just registering the highest price point for a given crop), I noticed the highest price is usually when the seasonal chart marks as the lowest point :|

I think, at least in my game in Haut-Beyleron, it is heavily misleading, especially for new farmers :sadnew:
wafflehatjoe

Re: Seasonal Fluctuations chart is a big lie

Post by wafflehatjoe »

Purely speculation, but maybe we all have interpreted it all wrong. Since they really don't give us any information on that screen, maybe its not telling us when the price is good, maybe its telling us when the supply is high and low, so if its reading on the low end and in the red its actually telling us that the supply is lowest at that point so selling it then would be best
benjaprud

Post by benjaprud »

The thing is, I quickly noticed that the chart wasn't accurate and started noting the peak prices on paper for the goods I was willing to sell, in the old FS fashion. It seems that the peaks do occur around the same time each year, they just don't line up with the charts at all. I wouldn't be surprised if the charts are mixed up in some way.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

We noticed the same and have started marking the highest prices on paper and monitoring them constantly to know when to sell. The chart is useless.
fuall

Post by fuall »

So, you're saying it's only a medium lie at most?
benjaprud

Post by benjaprud »

I wouldn't say it's a lie, I'd say it's a careless mistake. With a bit of work, we could probably piece together which chart was supposed to go with which commodity, or maybe they've rebalanced prices at the last minute and forgot to tell the chart team.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

u2020bullet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:41 pm We noticed the same and have started marking the highest prices on paper and monitoring them constantly to know when to sell. The chart is useless.
I've stopped consulting it too. Your results could be interesting.

With production chains (e.g. greenhouse produce where I have to get goods to market before they rot) I have noticed it is my selling activity which has the biggest impact on price. Selling causes a drop in price. I switch between products on a daily basis so I can always get something in that chain with a good price.

I'm building a factory for my grapes. It will be interesting to see if I can play the juice/ dried fruit prices in the same way.
Neon_Lemon

Post by Neon_Lemon »

wafflehatjoe wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:16 am Purely speculation, but maybe we all have interpreted it all wrong. Since they really don't give us any information on that screen, maybe its not telling us when the price is good, maybe its telling us when the supply is high and low, so if its reading on the low end and in the red its actually telling us that the supply is lowest at that point so selling it then would be best
It's not speculation, there are many videos that already prove the charts aren't accurate. And yes, they are laid out in a manner that is indicating high and low selling. The feature quite literally says in game "SHOW PRICE FLUCUATIONS." It doesn't say "show demand values."
Last edited by Neon_Lemon on Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:06 pm
u2020bullet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:41 pm We noticed the same and have started marking the highest prices on paper and monitoring them constantly to know when to sell. The chart is useless.
I've stopped consulting it too. Your results could be interesting.

With production chains (e.g. greenhouse produce where I have to get goods to market before they rot) I have noticed it is my selling activity which has the biggest impact on price. Selling causes a drop in price. I switch between products on a daily basis so I can always get something in that chain with a good price.

I'm building a factory for my grapes. It will be interesting to see if I can play the juice/ dried fruit prices in the same way.
So far bread is worth it, got the grain mill and the bakery and the best i've seen bread is around 5200. Do let me know how much you get for grape products.

Also, did they completely remove great demands for the game? I haven't seen a single one and we already have like 50 hours on our save.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Someone mentioned great demand in another thread. I think it's only been seen for stones at the rock crusher. Its all I've seen on Haut.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I'm almost 90 hours into the game and I'm yet to see a great demand on Elmcreek. The chart is obviously useless and prices fluctuate as they please. I've seen some spreadsheets posted online, but even those don't seem entirely accurate. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the economy at the moment.
wbthacker

Post by wbthacker »

I really love this game, but sometimes I'm amazed at the mistakes GIANTS makes. This one is huge -- they're literally lying to the players in a harmful way, and it hits them at the most crucial point in the game: selling your produce, the payoff of the entire year.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

My view is - should have been better implemented, but really not that big a deal.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

If you or someone you know has been harmed by the FS22 economy, you may be entitled to compensation.

Call 1-800-WAMBULANCE
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

I dont use seasons. Just because..
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese: