Terraforming in FS22

Neon_Lemon

Terraforming in FS22

Post by Neon_Lemon »

Giants really took a HUGE STEP backwards in their terrain editing functionality in FS22 compared to FS19. The new build mode is fantastic and a definite upgrade from FS19, but it was actually easier to shape and edit terrain in that game in comparison. The actions you took while editing were instant, whereas, in FS22 everything appears to be edited slowly. The lack of being able to change the strength of the tool you're using (i.e. smooth, level) removes the ability to make subtle changes gradually. There's also the issue with placeables no longer being able to be raised or lowered to match the terrain around it. More often than not, this results in buildings being either sunk into the ground or raised above it. Which then presents another issue because you cannot edit terrain around it in most cases. Combined with the fact that trying to edit the terrain itself doesn't work that efficiently makes for creating your own farms a very unpleasant experience.

I really hope Giants addresses this feature going forward, as it seems to be a very prominent feature for the large portion of the FS community.
wadim999

Re: Terraforming in FS22

Post by wadim999 »

Yes, there is not enough placement, in height.
wadim999

Post by wadim999 »

Neon_Lemon wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:26 pm Giants really took a HUGE STEP backwards in their terrain editing functionality in FS22 compared to FS19. The new build mode is fantastic and a definite upgrade from FS19, but it was actually easier to shape and edit terrain in that game in comparison. The actions you took while editing were instant, whereas, in FS22 everything appears to be edited slowly. The lack of being able to change the strength of the tool you're using (i.e. smooth, level) removes the ability to make subtle changes gradually. There's also the issue with placeables no longer being able to be raised or lowered to match the terrain around it. More often than not, this results in buildings being either sunk into the ground or raised above it. Which then presents another issue because you cannot edit terrain around it in most cases. Combined with the fact that trying to edit the terrain itself doesn't work that efficiently makes for creating your own farms a very unpleasant experience.

I really hope Giants addresses this feature going forward, as it seems to be a very prominent feature for the large portion of the FS community.
I completely agree with you
patsbard

Post by patsbard »

Not to mention having to pay to correct the terrain issues.
Pafarmer

Post by Pafarmer »

I also agree! The building mode part is fine but much prefer the FS 19 landscaping tool compared to this version. I’m getting a little better with it but not as user friendly as the last version.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Sadly I have to agree, much as Giants touted the "new and improved" terrain editor at Farmcon, having tried to get it to work properly I have to say it's a huge step back from the editor we had in FS19.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms