Back to FS19

Ekan

Re: Back to FS19

Post by Ekan »

Nah Im done with FS19. And soon enough maps and useful mods will come, just be patience.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Not for me. FS19 was little more of a rushed stop gap that added some nice small touches but spoiled other aspects of the game. It's not going to be remembered fondly in 10 years or so. Those playing FS17 after FS19's release I understand (I alternated myself for some time), but unless you find FS22 unplayable then I wouldn't be going back personally.

FS22 can be one of the classic FS releases if GIANTS can get on top of the bugs and some of the issues (e.g. removable decorative objects on owned land, growth speeds without seasonal cycles and some of the bigger implements to suit the bigger tractors for those interested).

The sounds, environment and certainly Elmcreek (in terms of design and visuals at least) are a million miles from where FS19 was and wouldn't dream of going back.
plowboy1992

Post by plowboy1992 »

chedder_farms wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:38 pm
plowboy1992 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:54 pm in case farmboss / fuall misses this bla bla giants dont care bla bla bla makin apollogys bla bla bla letting giants be lazy bla bla bla
Farmboss / F U All knew how to spell. You should learn to spell too, so you don't look like such an *$#%§* when you try to be clever.
its not like any one else can spell on this site
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

plowboy1992 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:18 pm It's not like anyone else can spell on this site.
Corrected. :mrgreen:
hrvacx

Post by hrvacx »

I cant go back sincr fs22 is a superior game in basicly all aspects. Some things have stayed the same though but nothing is worse. Maybe you miss a certain mod like gps and follow me( i do) but its not going to get me back. I had played it for 3 years and its time to move on to a better game. As for the bugs the worst one i had is when you exit the tractor that has a big bag atrached to the front loader the game will freeze and have lua callstack errors.
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

plowboy1992 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:18 pm
plowboy1992 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:54 pm in case farmboss / fuall misses this bla bla giants dont care bla bla bla makin apollogys bla bla bla letting giants be lazy bla bla bla
Farmboss / F U All knew how to spell. You should learn to spell too, so you don't look like such an *$#%§* when you try to be clever.
Nice, insult everyone, way to go.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

That's why there are options. There is nothing wrong with playing FS19. You don't need this forum's permission.

I certainly won't go back. The sounds and manual gears alone are enough to keep me entertained. Last night I had a small trailer load of rocks attached to the smallest 75hp Massey. It was fun listening to that little guy struggle with the weight. I had to really be quick with the gear changes to get it up to speed. The extra field work steps are a welcome addition. I was so worried with the inclusion of production chains that actual farming would get ignored. Elm Creek is decent enough for a small to medium-sized farm which is perfect for trying everything out and seeing what I want to get into when the "good" maps start rolling into the modhub. All these little things really help me enjoy the game.

I am a bit disappointed in the lack of attachments. We have a ton of good tractors, but seeders and planters are kinda meh... Why do the smallest seed drills have a power harrow attached to them that doesn't work? We should have the option to buy them separately or at least have them all be direct drills. But anyway...

Really happy with this release overall. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses in the next few years.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
JaVaDy

Post by JaVaDy »

I'm not going back. I can work around the few "bugs" I experience (it's easy on PC, I know) but it is so much better than FS19.
There is a tidle wave of mods coming to the modhub, just being patient and the patch will make it even better.
Former Xbox One S player, now on PC :-D
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Yeah, I won't be going back either. The bugs are annoying but I can work around them. The base game just has so much more to offer than the previous base game did. In the meantime I'll just patiently wait for the patch, just like I did with FS19.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Miggs wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:36 pm Anyone else considering going back to FS19 till they fix this train wreck of a game?
I bought FS22 on release day. I bought it to look around and get to know the new mechanics. I also knew that there would be bugs and issues that need patches and updates. And also, I knew I would continue to play on FS19 until we see a lot of the good mods. If I remember right, I really didn't make the full time switch from 17 to 19 until around March or April following it's release. 19 isn't bad because 22 is out. I did find out though that after 3 years of the 19 cycle, that 17 doesn't feel "finished" anymore if that makes sense. So play what brings you enjoyment.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
plowboy1992

Post by plowboy1992 »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:34 pm
plowboy1992 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:18 pm It's not like anyone else can spell on this site.
Corrected. :mrgreen:
fanx :mrgreen:
plowboy1992

Post by plowboy1992 »

chedder_farms wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:07 pm

go and read the rest of site if you dont believe me

and what was that you caled me?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

plowboy1992 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:05 pm
chedder_farms wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:07 pm

go and read the rest of site if you dont believe me

and what was that you caled me?
Stop trying to cause problems and feed trolls, it's not bringing any constructive feedback. Take it to private messages and let everyone else share opinions that are actually on topic.

I am not going back to FS19, the only reason it's still installed on my computer is so I can access the basegame assets for mod conversions lol. There are just so many quality of life improvements made to FS22 that make it so much better, and the majority of bugs are bearable until the first patch. The sounds and gear shifting just make my day too lol, can't play an hour without dumping the clutch :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
mrodgers

Post by mrodgers »

blue_painted wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:48 pm I tried going back ... but the sound improvements in FS22 just mean it doesn't work for me.

I'll do the same as I did for the "train wreck" that was FS19 launch, and the same "train wreck" that was the FS17 launch, which is to say I'll mess around with bits and pieces or play something else until the UK maps and equipment come out.
Wish I could hear the sound improvements. TV is turned up to 75 and still barely any sound. I normally have the TV volume at 10-15 depending on if an ear blasting commercial or ad comes up.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

At this time I am still primarily playing on FS19 as I am waiting for more of the mods I like to use become available such as CoursePlay and AutoDrive. The new AI's ability to go to a selected point is a great feature but it will probably be a while before it has the capability of AD or the AIVE mods brought to the game.

But we have to be patient I guess - the game has only been in our hands a couple weeks.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan