Back to FS19

chedder_farms

Re: Back to FS19

Post by chedder_farms »

player1s wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:14 pm If FS22 release is a trainwreck. What do you call the release of, lets say, Cyberpunk 77?
Probably call it a train wreck too. Are you trying to make a point?
theking1009

Post by theking1009 »

I went and played FS19 to see the difference, man did i miss the FS22 sounds and Graphics, the engines sounds alone in FS22 are worth it.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

No crashes or major bugs around 50 hours but I do have alot of flickering on elmcreek around the starting farm especially during the fall with the trees. I had FS 19 100% achievements/trophies in about a month after release and I feel this one could take a bit longer.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
alha alha

Post by alha alha »

chale8 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:40 pm I am annoyed about the bugs, but Giants have said we’ll get a patch that fixes most of them “before Christmas” and that’s less than three weeks away. At the moment I’m avoiding things that are known to cause problems and am enjoying the game.

I don’t believe it should have been released as it was as I feel like I bought a beta and not a finished product, but it is what it is. Here’s hoping the patch delivers.
As I have yet to play the game, might there be a thread where they have put together a list of things to avoid that are known to cause problems? That would surely increase the enjoyment of starting the new game and avoiding all the known landmines!
RedJester

Post by RedJester »

Yep. Heading back. Until the seasons/sleep/FS Classic grow period is resolved with a mod or word that Giants will not be looking into the issue, FS22 is more work/waiting than its worth for my playstyle at the moment. A lot of things I like about what they've done with FS22 but removing the "FS Classic" growth period for crops was a mistake for those that have a limited time to play.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I remember when FS19 released... I dabbled here and there in it, in between the crashes and major problems I was having. I stayed mostly to my saves in FS17 for a good 3 or 4 months into FS19's life span. Then as the updates came my game grew enjoyable and I slowly dove deeper into it more and more until I stopped playing FS17 all together.

When I made my preorder for FS22 - I had the full intentions of doing the same, I kept my expectations at this level. Remembering the launch of FS19 so well (I know FS17 had the same problems at launch, but I didn't have to face them... I was battling serious computer problems. So, when I finally got FS17, it's launch troubles was already over). But, deep down I had hopes that I wouldn't have to do this. In my shock... I have had just very "minor" bugs here and there. I think the most major one that I have encountered was everything locked up with the big bag lifter and I had to force quit the game. Simple enough, I just started using the pallet forks with the big bags. I haven't loaded back into FS19 since the night of FS22's release. Thus far, despite it's quirks and minor annoyances that I have encountered. I have had a blast with FS22. My biggest thing right now, is I am afraid to go near a tree with a chainsaw because of that explosive graphical glitch. So, I haven't cut down any trees yet. So, I might just have to make that purchase... save before each cut and hope for the best. :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Cyrus1952

Post by Cyrus1952 »

A few bugs, yes, but so many more improvements that make gameplay enjoyable. Some examples; better sound, better modhub, better information when standing in field or by silos or by production facilities, used equipment, improved construction[fence building, etc], cow barn with robotic feeding, heck, reflecting beacon. For people that keep wanting the classic time period, just need to learn how to use the new time period. One of biggest improvements is the sleep cycle and the different speeds of daily time, from -.50 to +360x. If you can't control time as fast or as slow as you want, that seems to be a you problem. Then add, sending drivers to different locations, oh my. Working a field and watching a helper tractor go past or pull into the farm. Sending tractors to sell points, while you do something else. I mean that alone makes this game so much better than 19.
Vanquis081

Post by Vanquis081 »

player1s wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:14 pm If FS22 release is a trainwreck. What do you call the release of, lets say, Cyberpunk 77?
Cyberpunk 2077 is much much much more complex than any version of Farming Simulator, are not comparable, even less considering that FS has not changed its mechanics in many years because everything was already done in mods.

Q: Back to FS19?
A: It would not be a big mistake, a lot of maps, a lot of mods, ... that surely haven't even tried half of it.

Q: Play to FS22?
A: It is feasible, but you risk that your game has to be restarted with future patches, especially in dedicated server.
Vanquish81
PC: - i7 9700k / RTX 2070 Super / G.Skill 32 Gb ram / MSI Z390-A PRO - :PC
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

Miggs wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:36 pm Anyone else considering going back to FS19 till they fix this train wreck of a game?
I can't afford the game anyway :lol: might as well try out some maps on fs19 for upcoming months.
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
FeldwebelNL

Post by FeldwebelNL »

Just went back to fs19. I miss the old Seasons, follow me, Courseplay, manure hoses too much.
And the constant flickering of those trees in Erlengrat is really a big let down. Waiting for those mods to come back and the bugs to vanish. Then I'll make the jump to 22. It looks and sounds better than 19, but I miss the gameplay in fs19 with the mods.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Haha! I tried it, thinking I'd just play it until the patch came out. About 9 months ago, every time I tried to download mods, the interface would freeze for long times. I mean 4 or 5 minutes. It made it impossible to play with mods. I thought they might have fixed it, but, nope. I loaded one map and, then, tried to load mods. The problem was still there. I uninstalled 19. Every time a new game comes out, some threaten to, and sometimes do, go back. Not usually working well,
lawm

Post by lawm »

Cyrus1952 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:33 pm A few bugs, yes, but so many more improvements that make gameplay enjoyable. Some examples; better sound, better modhub, better information when standing in field or by silos or by production facilities, used equipment, improved construction[fence building, etc], cow barn with robotic feeding, heck, reflecting beacon. For people that keep wanting the classic time period, just need to learn how to use the new time period. One of biggest improvements is the sleep cycle and the different speeds of daily time, from -.50 to +360x. If you can't control time as fast or as slow as you want, that seems to be a you problem. Then add, sending drivers to different locations, oh my. Working a field and watching a helper tractor go past or pull into the farm. Sending tractors to sell points, while you do something else. I mean that alone makes this game so much better than 19.
Worker addition is the biggest reason I want to switch fully to 22. I only played my copy for 40 minutes. But am anxious for mods to get converted or created so I can feel at home. Elmcreek looks great for a Giants map, and doing more work with smarter help has me chomping for more
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

Kind of sad that you can only play for 40 minutes before needing mods to keep the game alive.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Kamiko wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:46 pm
Miggs wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:36 pm Anyone else considering going back to FS19 till they fix this train wreck of a game?
I can't afford the game anyway :lol: might as well try out some maps on fs19 for upcoming months.
Yeah even though I have enough money I probably wait til we get some good mods. *thumbsup* Guess i'll continue with my Lone Oak, and Griffin, Indiana save.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

I have decided to stay in 19 until after the dust settles over the launch of 22. I didn't buy 19 until after Platinum Edition came out it has worked out for the best. I will likely do the same with 22. Y'all have a pleasant day and Happy Holidays!
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi: