Hey Giants, I really like the gear shifting, however....

Dairydeere

Hey Giants, I really like the gear shifting, however....

Post by Dairydeere »

...I think there are some minor quality-of-life changes that could be introduced.

1) When you're in a tractor like the 7810 that uses ranges (ABCDE) and gears (1234), could it be changed so if you shift from C4 up to the D range, it automatically changes to D1 instead of D4? I've driven a similar transmission in real life, and it makes that jump when going up a range.

2) Allow an option to go into neutral. I could be missing an option, but I've gone through the keybinds and I don't see an option to shift to neutral or apply a parking brake. This would be nice, since getting to neutral right now involves shifting all the way down to neutral, especially painful on a powershift transmission.

Those are the only two things I've thought about. Maybe some other people have more, but so far, I've really enjoyed the gear shifting process, it adds so much realism and I love just dumping the clutch in road gear to make the sounds really come out of a tractor :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Re: Hey Giants, I really like the gear shifting, however....

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Well if a 7810 had the same as a 7800 it is actually just ranges 1 to 19 and reverse 1 to 5.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

err, in the 7810 PowerQuad I remember, being that gears 1-4 and forward/reverse were powershift, and ranges were manual, shifting from C range to D range would result in the power shift staying in the gear it was in, so C4 would result in D4.

if I recall the gearbox available in the 7810 are, the PowerQuad 16 or 20 speed (we have the 20 speed in-game), the PowerShift (full powershift with 19 speed quadrant), the AutoPower (CVT) and the the AutoQuad (was the push button 20-speed with auto shifting mode, basically the automated 20 speed PowerQuad).

so it is correct in-game.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Sorry, the 7810 was probably a poor example to mention. I just used it because it was the first tractor that popped to my mind when I thought of a tractor with a transmission that contained ranges and gears. I didn't mean that one specifically, since it's obvious in the cab that the shift lever doesn't reset to the lowest gear of a new range. I've driven a 6120 and 6125R that had the AutoQuad transmission in them.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Valtra gears and sound is just pure pleasure!! Hit quickly Button to change Gear when engine halving hard Time is just so great addition for FS
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

I started with all manual gears, and there I could put it in neutral - later I changed it to auto and only have to click a button to shift between forward and reverse. Maybe I'll try with a shifter later on and go back to manual, but this works perfect for me now.
But, you should be able to find the key to go into neutral.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
TheJhonnyMan

Post by TheJhonnyMan »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:49 am ...I think there are some minor quality-of-life changes that could be introduced.

1) When you're in a tractor like the 7810 that uses ranges (ABCDE) and gears (1234), could it be changed so if you shift from C4 up to the D range, it automatically changes to D1 instead of D4? I've driven a similar transmission in real life, and it makes that jump when going up a range.
YES! I wholeheartedly Agree!
My dad owns a 7810 irl, and I've spent many a year in the cab of it, and it should be exactly like you put it, none of this swapping Gears and Ranges nonsense after 1.2
If this could be a feature I will happily back it. Giant's had it perfect in FarmCon, and it should've stayed like that and adding this.