Animal life spans? Best age to sell?

Jesterama1980

Animal life spans? Best age to sell?

Post by Jesterama1980 »

Other than horses, which reach maximum sell value at 36 months, I can't find any information on any other animal regarding their life spans or at what age they reach maximum sell value. I'll eventually figure it out I guess, but it just seemed odd to me neither of these things are listed anywhere in the animal menus. We have current age, reproduction age... and that's it. We don't even have a breed of chicken, it's just "chicken". I assume they're Rhode Island White chickens, but that's lazy just putting "chicken".
Dorsai

Re: Animal life spans? Best age to sell?

Post by Dorsai »

If Giants stayed with last from fs19 then sheep and cows do about 10yrs, hogs about 6 yrs if Giants didn't then y'all will need to figure it out as you play. Have a pleasant one!
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
aklein

Post by aklein »

My initial assuming is animals dont die. You can buy them and never give them feed and water and they wont die so I doubt they die of old age. As a base game feature animals have been designed for all ages of players. I suspect Giants does not want a kid playing the game to be asking their parents why their pig is no longer in the pen and the message said it died. Probably best they learn about life and death from something other than a video game.

It would be best to not bring forward any expectations on how things work from FS19 with Seasons mod to FS22 with Seasonal Cycles. They are different things that just simulate the same thing in the changing of seasons.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Jesterama1980 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:15 pm Other than horses, which reach maximum sell value at 36 months, I can't find any information on any other animal regarding their life spans or at what age they reach maximum sell value. I'll eventually figure it out I guess, but it just seemed odd to me neither of these things are listed anywhere in the animal menus. We have current age, reproduction age... and that's it. We don't even have a breed of chicken, it's just "chicken". I assume they're Rhode Island White chickens, but that's lazy just putting "chicken".
For chickens, you get an assortment of breeds, not just one type. And if you buy the 50 credit chickens I've never seen their value past 25, so it's best to start out with as many as you want to be "breeders" then sell the offspring from there. And no, animals do not die from what I can tell.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins