Explicit language on fs22 music

garyst

Explicit language on fs22 music

Post by garyst »

Yesterday when I was playing fs22. I turned on the radio and flipped through the channels until I found a song I thought sounded pretty good. It was on the la musique channel. Decided to leave it on the channel while I was playing to see if there were any other good songs. A few songs in a song called the wind will blow played. In the song the f word was said at least twice that I noticed. Turned off the radio a little later and didn't listen to any other music or any of the other channels. Not sure if there are any other songs that have unacceptable language, just a heads up if any of ya'll have small children that like to play fs22 with the music on.
player1s

Re: Explicit language on fs22 music

Post by player1s »

garyst wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:48 pm Yesterday when I was playing fs22. I turned on the radio and flipped through the channels until I found a song I thought sounded pretty good. It was on the la musique channel. Decided to leave it on the channel while I was playing to see if there were any other good songs. A few songs in a song called the wind will blow played. In the song the f word was said at least twice that I noticed. Turned off the radio a little later and didn't listen to any other music or any of the other channels. Not sure if there are any other songs that have unacceptable language, just a heads up if any of ya'll have small children that like to play fs22 with the music on.
Here in Europe we're more lenient with that.
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

player1s wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:05 pm Here in Europe we're more lenient with that.
Legally speaking, so has the US since the U.S. 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals ruling in 2010, though for the most part US broadcasters have continued to play it pretty safe.

But, then again, the whole thing with the George Carlin’s Seven Dirty Words versus Federal Communication Commission (FCC) was always very informal and (unconstitutionally, as it turned out) vague.

Ever since 1972 (when Carlin first did that show), broadcasters have basically self-policed out of implicit fear of FCC action, or worse, Congress actually passing a law making the ban official somehow. Humorously, that’s why (when I was briefly a radio DJ many years ago) I had to memorize and recite the List, to demonstrate that I knew what words I couldn’t utter or allow to be uttered on the air (except sparingly during “Safe Harbor” hours of 10 PM and 6 AM daily)!
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

player1s wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:05 pm
garyst wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:48 pm Yesterday when I was playing fs22. I turned on the radio and flipped through the channels until I found a song I thought sounded pretty good. It was on the la musique channel. Decided to leave it on the channel while I was playing to see if there were any other good songs. A few songs in a song called the wind will blow played. In the song the f word was said at least twice that I noticed. Turned off the radio a little later and didn't listen to any other music or any of the other channels. Not sure if there are any other songs that have unacceptable language, just a heads up if any of ya'll have small children that like to play fs22 with the music on.
Here in Ireland those are some of the first words children learn :biggrin2: :lol: :lol:
reveritus

Post by reveritus »

You made my morning!
Pwnocchio

Post by Pwnocchio »

Some of the channels use versions of songs that have dubbed out edgy language. I think the TruckerFM and Simulator channel do. Maybe stick to those.
garyst

Post by garyst »

It really doesn't bother me if the music has inappropriate language I just thought I should mention it if there are parents on here that doesn't want their younger kids to hear such language while they are playing fs22. I don't have any children myself but my cousin has two young kids and she is very strict on what kind of music or TV they can watch or listen to.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:38 pm
Here in Ireland those are some of the first words children learn :biggrin2: :lol: :lol:
And they pronounce them funny too :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :lol:
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

I'm fairly certain as you scroll through the radio stations, the acutal live stations say something to the effect of "Not ESRB rated" right on the dealio that tells you what station you're listening to.

Not a Giants issue, in my opinion.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:38 pm
player1s wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:05 pm
I must be Irish! :lol:
Playing on Xbox since FS15
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

take on pc then i heard that pc has the live radio so can see why lol
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

This does raise a fascinating question, if there was a TV that streamed violent or sexual content in game in a house but was proceeded by a message that said online streaming not rated would that be ok with an everyone rating? Seems strange. Also no need to get excited OP was just warning people so their kids don’t grow up and name themselves FUALL online.
garyst

Post by garyst »

ace54858 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:28 am
take on pc then i heard that pc has the live radio so can see why lol
No I play on Xbox. The radio stations are not live. The songs that are on the radio stations are on a loop and are songs picked out by giants.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Was it that bad? :shock:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
garyst

Post by garyst »

Didn't turn it off because of that one song with the bad language, turned it off because the rest of the songs weren't that good lol.