A "healthy" critique of Elm Creek map.

AgroDude

Re: A "healthy" critique of Elm Creek map.

Post by AgroDude »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:33 am Technically, I think, PCS do have a slot limit, or at least a counter...if you go into your savegame file and look in the careerSavegame.xml there is a slot count. Not sure what it's used for though.
IIRC that is just for the console port. The PC isn't actually limited.
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

AgroDude wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:26 am
Tiredasagiraffe wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:04 pmPC does not have the slot limitation, this is something specific to consoles.
If running the game on PC, it is only your PC's hardware that sets any limitation on the game regarding graphics/storage etc.
Sadly, PC games are becoming limited by consoles. It is a trend that has existed for years now, and only set to get worse.

If FS was built for PCs, they wouldn't work on consoles. This whole "slot" nonsense is just one example of the total BS of the organization of consoles in the first place. It's a stupid, false limitation.
There are plenty of game companies that maintain a different PC and console code base.
You shouldn't blame the platform when the developers have a choice, and choose the easy route.

Their decision to not allow players to alter the other farms on Elm Creek has nothing to do with consoles. A little extra work is all it would take.
I believe they left it for the modders to fix.
Nestoche

Post by Nestoche »

AgroDude wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:26 am
Tiredasagiraffe wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:04 pmPC does not have the slot limitation, this is something specific to consoles.
If running the game on PC, it is only your PC's hardware that sets any limitation on the game regarding graphics/storage etc.
Sadly, PC games are becoming limited by consoles. It is a trend that has existed for years now, and only set to get worse.

If FS was built for PCs, they wouldn't work on consoles. This whole "slot" nonsense is just one example of the total BS of the organization of consoles in the first place. It's a stupid, false limitation.
Bingo! This right here. I agree and it is so unfortunate that it is the way going forward with gaming developers today. It is pointless to even
consider an upgrade to your PC hardware and see that PC games are now just as inferior to the consoles. This was never the case a few decades ago.

Also, the next gen consoles today really is nothing more than higher resolution 4K/FPS upgrade for those who can afford those TV screens . The animations, graphics and creative technology is still the same as last generation. I haven't seen anything that really knocks my socks off on the PS5/Xbox-x/s...yet!