Distributing Oil

iwan073

Distributing Oil

Post by iwan073 »

Oké, so I have an oil mill.
You can let the mill sell and store your oil, but also distribute.

Distribute where though?!
Ignorance is bliss
FarmCatJenkins

Re: Distributing Oil

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Pretty sure it's just a visual thing, and it will still store it even on distributing. Unless they have that there for future production mods. I saw a video of someone setting "distributing" and "selling" on digestate at the BGA and all it did was store the digestate.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

If you own the next step in the chain, it'll send it there. If you don't own it, it will just hold those pallets to you decide to do something with it, or til you buy the next step. (Not sure what that is)
If you don't own it, you can use distribute to hold the pallets, and they won't spawn in the trigger, as they do when using store. Then, when you're going to sell it, just switch to store, and it'll spawn the pallets ready for transport
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Noraf wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:21 pm If you own the next step in the chain, it'll send it there. If you don't own it, it will just hold those pallets to you decide to do something with it, or til you buy the next step. (Not sure what that is)
If you don't own it, you can use distribute to hold the pallets, and they won't spawn in the trigger, as they do when using store. Then, when you're going to sell it, just switch to store, and it'll spawn the pallets ready for transport
Can you switch from 'distribute to 'sell' ? I.e. holding the pallets until the price is right without having them spawn?
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

There is no next step in the chain. The chain stops at the mill. No idea what happens to the oil though, theoretically distributing should be the same as selling this case. Maybe they cut whatever the next step in the game was supposed to have been. Possibly DLC material.
player1s

Post by player1s »

mackintosh wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:30 pm There is no next step in the chain. The chain stops at the mill. No idea what happens to the oil though, theoretically distributing should be the same as selling this case. Maybe they cut whatever the next step in the game was supposed to have been. Possibly DLC material.
Or just left it in case modders make something.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

mackintosh wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:30 pm There is no next step in the chain. The chain stops at the mill. No idea what happens to the oil though, theoretically distributing should be the same as selling this case. Maybe they cut whatever the next step in the game was supposed to have been. Possibly DLC material.
Exactly, there is no not step.
Ignorance is bliss
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

Not produced oil before, so not certian, but Pizzeria and both the restaurants (normal and fast food) use oil do they not?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

GrimHuffer wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:10 pm Not produced oil before, so not certian, but Pizzeria and both the restaurants (normal and fast food) use oil do they not?
That would be to sell to. OP is referring to distributing, which sends it automatically to the next step in the production chain. But the oil mill produces oil which is the end product. I have tested this with other productions and even on distributing with an end product, it still stores it. I'd imagine it's the same with oil.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

Biodiesel?
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Maybe an option for modders to take advantage of?
Ignorance is bliss
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

From what I can tell, Giants left the door wide open for modders this time around. Of course they have always had really good mod support in the fs series but it seems like a LOT of the stuff in game was designed in such a way to allow modders to do some really creative stuff. Seems like this is one of those instances. I can't wait to see what production chains "crop" up thru this (yea I did) as well as other unique things. Imo so much more is possible this time around as we don't need nearly as many 3rd party scripts. In theory everything should run smoother, be easier for modders to create and have a lot less conflicts overall. The next few years is going to be pretty exciting once modders learn a bit more about implementation and how to work their ideas into the game!
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

If they designed it properly, distribute will distribute to anyone asking for it. The opens the door for mods to create production facilities to pull that material, without changes to the building distributing it.