Career Mode?

macxx1

Career Mode?

Post by macxx1 »

I appreciate this is a sandbox, tho it would have been nice to have a career mode as well added. A career where you grow your skills from owning a farm with fields that you sow, then moving on to animals. Then expanding to the othyer stuff such as logging and production based activities.

All the above with achievements you have to reach before progressing onwards. Culminating of an achievement where you run a successful farm and earn x amount per yeaqr in profits.

Basically, add some goals to the game.

I only started with FS19 late on. I see the overall structure (game wise) is pretty much the same in FS22. I certainly would be up for a DLC which adds a career mode.

Anyone else?

By the way, I do enjoy the game - I am just the type of person who needs that overall goal to be able to fully enjoy an experience.
FarmCatJenkins

Re: Career Mode?

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I've never wanted a career mode but I can see where you're coming from. I always set my own goals anytime I fire up a new map. That's the joy of this game for me, the flexibility of my imagination to creat whatever I want. (Hoping the contractor mod comes out soon) For example, I've given myself a 100 hour limit on all three base maps to achieve a certain goal on each one.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

macxx1 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:48 pm
Anyone else?
No.

macxx1 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:48 pmI am just the type of person who needs that overall goal to be able to fully enjoy an experience.
Open world simulators are about setting your own goals.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

macxx1 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:48 pm you grow your skills from owning a farm with fields that you sow, then moving on to animals. Then expanding to the othyer stuff such as logging and production based activities.
That's literally the game.

Why have arbitrary limits on what you have to do before you can do something else? Set these limits yourself because no one is going to want to play exactly the same as another person.

Take Snowrunner, for example. The game is "haul this thing to this place and it's offroad." However, you have to play the game for hours before you get offroad tires unlocked. The first parts of the game are much more frustrating than they have to be just because of arbitrary limits on what the player has access to. That doesn't make any sense. Just like it wouldn't make sense for me to harvest X amount of acres or own X amount of cows before I'm "leveled up" enough to buy a chainsaw.

I could see some kind of rewards system to where if you do __________ you get a special edition tractor or something. Or maybe once you sell so many tons of a certain crop, you get a set yearly price or something. I don't know. Either way, it ain't coming for FS22. Maybe next time.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Coldlandlord

Post by Coldlandlord »

Not for me either. I hate having to unlock things. The money is the limiting factor, don’t need anything else
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

It really doesn't take a whole lot of imagination to create a roleplay scenario where this happens organically. Just create a list of rules and follow them. Similar to what VirtualFarmer does with his Realism Experiment. That's what I've done, with some modifications to his rules.

As stated before, this is a sandbox game. It's great because while you would prefer to work your way up(samesies, btw), the next guy may want to max out his bank account with money cheats and buy the whole map and own any piece of equipment he wants. It's got something for everyone.

It's all about your imagination, and in my opinion that's what makes this game great.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

The OP is probably referring to a story mode, which has been suggested before. It pretty much always gets shot down by other players who can't fathom an additional option when starting a new game.
Yes, you can make your own story using your imagination, but some people seem to want a story offered to them.

PS. Giants will likely never do it. They are minimalists, letting modders do the heavy lifting.