Greenhouses

Bobble2020

Greenhouses

Post by Bobble2020 »

How does anyone keep up with transporting goods from the greenhouses to the shops and manufacturing facilities ,

I only had one greenhouse but it took me most of the day on 5x speed to load all the pallets up and deliver them

Heaven knows how i will do it when i have some fields to harvest as well

The pallet numbers should be reduced significantly with more crops in each pallet
fefinu

Re: Greenhouses

Post by fefinu »

Guess you let them accumulate. Playing with seasons on (3 days per month), I have one large greenhouse growing lettuce. I deliver the lettuce every morning at 7:30 am - never had more than 3 pallets per day which kind of fit on the pickup. Takes me about 30 game time minutes (on x5) to hand load, deliver and drive back to the farm. I think lettuce pallets are larger so that helps.

I could sell direct but I would take a 40% hit and I need the money at the moment. I haven't tried out the manufacturing facilities yet but from what I've read, you can set the produce to distribute automatically without the 40% hit.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

My large greenhouses with lettuce roll about 7-8 pallets out per month, and I have small tomato greenhouses that produce about the same, per month. So monthly I am transporting 14-16 of both lettuce and tomato to the sellpoint. I will usually send Horace the helper off on his trek while I ride my horses and wait for him to get back. It's become just a morning routine at this point since I run 1 day months so far.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Mellek

Post by Mellek »

I've parked a Böckmann 3018/27 trailer next to the greenhouse (tomato) and just stack them in there, think I can fit 10 to 12 pallets in and drive them to the shop when the price is reasonable. Could transport 5 to 7 more in the back of the pickup if needed. Playing at 2 days a month at 1 - 3x speed, but can handle it easily so far.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

With tomatoes, you'll get 20 in that trailer ;)
5 high and 4 stacks
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

I have about 10 large greenhouses producing lettuce atm. I am using the mod "Lettuce Storage v1.0 FS22" They also have separate ones for tomatoes and strawberries.
I placed this and then set all of my greenhouses to distribute. Now all of my green houses send the lettuce to the storage building. At the lettuce storage building have the option to further distribute, sell there (not sure if there is a price cut or not), or load it up and haul it off to sell elsewhere. Right now I'm selling from the warehouse, but I need to check on the prices to see if it is taking a price cut.

With this mod in place all I have to do is keep the water flowing. In relation to water, I did find 2 placeable water tank mods. The first is "Free" water. The second one is part of the production chain. It is suppose to be able to "distribute" 2,000L of water per hour for $200/hr. This should mean ( I have it placed but haven't turned it on yet) that it will feed water to all of my greenhouses for $200/hr assuming my requirements are less than the 2,000L/hr it produces. Since on a large greenhouse producing lettuce you need 64L water per cycle (not sure how long a cycle is) but I am assuming that is per hour. Then this water tank will cover the water needs for about 30 large green houses making lettuce.

The mod here is called "The wells v1.0 FS22"

I also found a cheap water hauler (I'm trying Hard economy) it's called "Homemade IBC Front Tank v1.0.0.0 Mod" The one I found is 4,000L capacity, and at just $600 it fit my budget. I also found it makes a great front weight for the tractor.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I have 6 large greenhouses. Per month that's about 22 lettuce pallets, or 44 tomato, or 88 strawberry.

The lettuce takes about 30 minutes to load up. The tomato and strawberry I sell direct.

On PS4 there are no labour saving alternatives atm.
English_farmer

Post by English_farmer »

I have strawberries distribution and the others set to sell. I dont care about the 40% as I spend my time loading up all my cakes, bread, oils, butter, chocolate, sugar, grape juice and cereal. I load up my curtain sider and get about £150k per pop at the farm shop. I also placed my honey spawn right next to my cereal factory so I just nudge it into the drop off point.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I sell them all directly. I can't stand moving pallets. Especially since I see so many bugs reported on them right now.

I did one year of manually selling them and that was enough.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Mellek

Post by Mellek »

Noraf wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:57 pm With tomatoes, you'll get 20 in that trailer ;)
5 high and 4 stacks
You are correct, not sure how I counted yesterday :lol:
briansommers

Post by briansommers »

Yeah, I’m getting ready to start a huge greenhouse operation and I’m going to set all at distribute.
I plan on making up the 40% by volume.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

To maximise profit it pays to choose the same one crop for all greenhouses. Watch the prices every few hours and get a feel for how they move. Switch production to a new crop as soon as prices start to move.

Lettuce fetch more in the market, but you produce fewer of them. Ditto with tomatoes. The production ratios are 4:2:1 (strawberries: tomatoes: lettuces). So if strawberries are at €400, tomatoes have to be above €800 to make them better value, and lettuce would have to be above €1600.

On normal difficulty the max prices I've seen are strawberries €507, tomatoes €2001, lettuce €2249. I wouldn't normally need to change production more than once per day (3-day months). I don't see much of a seasonal impact on prices. It def pays to manage the process rather than just 'fire and forget'.

Because I hand deliver the lettuce I will switch to them as soon as I see prices begin to swing that way. Then I will sell a large quantity when the price tops-out, always making more than the other veg.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

Pray for pallet autoloaders to pass Giants testing ASAP. There are unofficial pallet loaders out there for PC, some work pretty well - not perfect, but by far better than doing it by hand or forklift.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Keep in mind that you can deactivate the greenhouse while doing field work and reactivate them after.
briansommers

Post by briansommers »

I'm all for autoloaders - only if they "autoload" for a fee, because in reality what you're really doing is hiring a bunch of workers to load them for you.