Root Crop Storage

AgroDude

Root Crop Storage

Post by AgroDude »

Hi,

Can root crops be stored in anything? If they are left outside, do they rot away at all?

The only stock building that says "bulk storage" doesn't fit with the rest of the buildings on the farm, and I'm thinking of using another covered storage building instead.

I know some buildings lack collision above a certain height, so I'm guessing this is perhaps the only issue I might encounter?

*thumbsup*
FarmCatJenkins

Re: Root Crop Storage

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Afaik, nothing will rot if kept outside.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

They had this mod back in FS19. It was nice. Maybe the modder will update it for FS22?

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=140314
patsbard

Post by patsbard »

No rotting in FS22
Also, animals go to 0 health and stop producing when ignored, but will remain on your farm.
AgroDude wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:03 am Hi,

Can root crops be stored in anything? If they are left outside, do they rot away at all?

The only stock building that says "bulk storage" doesn't fit with the rest of the buildings on the farm, and I'm thinking of using another covered storage building instead.

I know some buildings lack collision above a certain height, so I'm guessing this is perhaps the only issue I might encounter?

*thumbsup*
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

RED_Smith wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:01 pm They had this mod back in FS19. It was nice. Maybe the modder will update it for FS22?

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... _id=140314
I have a different mod in FS19 for root crops - it looks like an open-fronted shed, and you can see the crops inside loose on the floor, but it tells you how many litres like a silo would. You empty it by driving around the back of it. Would be great to see that brought to FS22!

http://www.fs19mods.com/root-crop-storage-v1-0-0-0-mod/
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

patsbard wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:22 pm No rotting in FS22
Also, animals go to 0 health and stop producing when ignored, but will remain on your farm.
Would be good if you slowly lost crop over time if it is stored outside.

The whole health thing is not very clear. I gave food to my only horse and rode it daily, but it said its health was 0%? I guess it needs everything (including bedding?).
patsbard

Post by patsbard »

If the horse is in the barn, it needs both food and straw bedding. Water is supplied.
I'm mainly Sheep, chickens, and pigs so far.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Straw is required for horses in the barn. It is also required for the horses in the small pasture, but not able to be put in, which is a bug. So their health in the pasture will never rise.

Found that out the hard way...
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:55 pm Straw is required for horses in the barn. It is also required for the horses in the small pasture, but not able to be put in, which is a bug. So their health in the pasture will never rise.

That's good to know. I haven't tried horses yet, but know I now not to use the pasture.

As for root crops, I store them at the Railway Station's silos. They'll hold pretty much anything except cotton as far as I can tell.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:55 pm Straw is required for horses in the barn. It is also required for the horses in the small pasture, but not able to be put in, which is a bug. So their health in the pasture will never rise.

Ahhh!!! That's why it isn't working.

My new farm layout has the smaller barn, so it seems I should be OK now.
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

deerefarm wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:41 pm As for root crops, I store them at the Railway Station's silos. They'll hold pretty much anything except cotton as far as I can tell.
That seems "wrong" to me. I think I'm using someone else's stuff to store my product. I'm re-purposing the large garage (the one with the 3 green doors on one side) for the task. Looks great, too!
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I have no issues using the railway's storage, especially as they now charge a $1000 per hour to use their trains. Kind of tit for tat. :mrgreen:
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Mellek

Post by Mellek »

Farmers around here store starch potatoes and sugar beet (altough those are often transported within a few days) on the field and cover them until they are ready for pickup, currently they also put an extra layer of straw on top (so cover/straw layer/cover) to protect them from the cold. Could be late december or early januari before they pick them up.
So ingame I do the same, using the Grimme belt system to load them into trailers, instead of a cleaner as seen in this video :

AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

Mellek wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 4:05 pm Farmers around here store starch potatoes and sugar beet (altough those are often transported within a few days) on the field and cover them until they are ready for pickup, currently they also put an extra layer of straw on top (so cover/straw layer/cover) to protect them from the cold. Could be late december or early januari before they pick them up.
So ingame I do the same, using the Grimme belt system to load them into trailers, instead of a cleaner as seen in this video :

Thanks for that!

I was thinking about doing that (just leaving them on the side of the field).
EUROFARMER22

Post by EUROFARMER22 »

AgroDude wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:03 am
If you are on PC, you can use the Silo Neuero Multifruit Pack:
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2022
John Deere - Nothing runs like a deere !

PC Specs:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen™ 7 5700G
16GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 Ti 8GB
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
1 TB HDD