Double production rate?

StoneTheCrows

Re: Double production rate?

Post by StoneTheCrows »

bossmanslim wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:28 pm
mackintosh wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:14 pm I do get the feeling that everything is geared towards and balanced around small-scale production. Even though end products are much more profitable than inputs, by the time I have enough volume, I am several harvests ahead and would have made more money by just dumping grain rather than mucking about with production chains.
It depends on how long you play the map. If you are going to play for a long time AND don't mind the pallet tax (I use super strength) then it is always better to setup the production chain as they do pay off within 2 years, meaning you will get more cash every year per crop via the production chain.

As you mentioned, the main issue with production chains are they are half baked for all intensive purposes, especially when compared to other games. I think the easiest thing for Giants to do is to lower the auto sell tax so those who want to do the manual loading and hauling can still get benefit, but the players who don't can still get benefit of setting up production chains.
I agree. The game is balanced around the idea of small farms prospering through diversification. I mean, look at all those signs around the map "Support your local farmer". It's a pretty big clue as to their intentions for the game.

After all, what size plant would you expect for an 80k investment? We are talking micro- production. Backyard industry.

It's a formula which works for many. For me it feels well balanced. So I wouldn't favour a gear shift towards greater throughput.

Perhaps it's a space for modders.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

a mod called nohandcuffs factories or something like that (PC only). A youtuber named Peanut was given permission to give out a one drive link (the link is in the description of one of his fs22 vids) as he has plans to release it on modhub as I understand. Its what I am using on NML. It is the normal in-game factories to place but you can put way more product in (5x normal is ringing a bell) and the output is much higher than normal. Its geared towards massive production chains.

As to the chains themselves, you can deliver your raw goods to the starting production facility and have it set to distribute and it will send it to the next factory in the chain that you own. As far as I am aware there is no fee for distributing but I have only used that a few times. Then at the final stage you can choose to auto sell or use some good ol forks to get more moneys. I think the idea behind bigger operations is more factories as they seem pretty small overall for factories unless you use a mod or edit game files.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
farmerguy200479

Post by farmerguy200479 »

deerefarm wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:13 am
GrimHuffer wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:29 pm
Old_Wiking wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:15 pm Been in that file. But could not find out what varables to changes. If you could when you have the time to find out and tell me i would be REALY happy :-)
Follow RomeoLimaEcho's directions to the correct folder (the production facility) you wish to edit > open folder, find .xml file and open it > find 'productionPoint' entry > change the number after 'cyclesPerHour' to something greater (e.g. cyclesPerHour="90" changed to cyclesPerHour="180" would double the current production rate.
Thank you for answering him, and yes that's exactly what I did. Just remember these are you main game file and will be overwritten when there is a patch/update to the game.
Sorry if I am being really slow here, but I cannot see that I have a folder called "game"? I have several savegame folders, numbers as per the saved games I have and in there I can see the production points, but no reference to the cycles per minute.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

farmerguy200479 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:12 pm
GrimHuffer wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:29 pm

Follow RomeoLimaEcho's directions to the correct folder (the production facility) you wish to edit > open folder, find .xml file and open it > find 'productionPoint' entry > change the number after 'cyclesPerHour' to something greater (e.g. cyclesPerHour="90" changed to cyclesPerHour="180" would double the current production rate.
Thank you for answering him, and yes that's exactly what I did. Just remember these are you main game file and will be overwritten when there is a patch/update to the game.
Sorry if I am being really slow here, but I cannot see that I have a folder called "game"? I have several savegame folders, numbers as per the saved games I have and in there I can see the production points, but no reference to the cycles per minute.
By main game folder I mean the folder that has the main game coding in it, not the saves and mods etc. For me I have it installed via steam so the folder is C:\Program Files (86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 22\data\placeables then the next folder is based on the brand name. Most production facilities are listed under "lizard" but some like cow barns (not pens) are listed under rudolfHormann

Hope that helps.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

I don't see any need to increase the production rates. Giants didn't pull these rates out of their buttocks. Its all balanced. The price difference you get between non-processed crops and processed crops, pays for the building itself in a 5-7 years, then its massive profit after that....like everything else in the game once you have paid off the investment. If you want more output, simply buy more buildings or farm different crops and get into different productions.
farmerguy200479

Post by farmerguy200479 »

deerefarm wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:51 pm
farmerguy200479 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:12 pm

By main game folder I mean the folder that has the main game coding in it, not the saves and mods etc. For me I have it installed via steam so the folder is C:\Program Files (86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 22\data\placeables then the next folder is based on the brand name. Most production facilities are listed under "lizard" but some like cow barns (not pens) are listed under rudolfHormann

Hope that helps.
That's great thanks, though I downloaded direct from Giants so it wasn't in the Steam folders, but you pointed me in the right direction! Actual file path was

C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2022\data\placeables
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

dan1109 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:51 pm I don't see any need to increase the production rates. Giants didn't pull these rates out of their buttocks. Its all balanced. The price difference you get between non-processed crops and processed crops, pays for the building itself in a 5-7 years, then its massive profit after that....like everything else in the game once you have paid off the investment. If you want more output, simply buy more buildings or farm different crops and get into different productions.
They pulled something out. Ok, they made compromises and adjusted the rates/volumes to work in their version of a simulator and for the most part did a pretty good job. But if the game was exact we wouldn't be being paid $900 per 1000L of corn. There are 32.5 L in a bushel. So 1000 L of grain is approximately 30.7 Bushels. The current market price for Corn is $5.96 a bushel. If my math is right that's $178 per 1000L. So if you want balanced and realistic then the price of corn is way off, even on hard mode.
Grain Mills are often supplied by railroad and a railroads ship wheat by the ton. 1 grain hopper holds 102 tonnes, or 288,762L.....
Point being, Giants manipulated the numbers to make the game work which is fair enough. If the game were exact then mods wouldn't exist. Some make the game more realistic and some make the game more unrealistic, but at the end of the day it's up to the player to decide which direction they want to go. I'm glad Giant's has made more of an effort to be realistic in this game, ie. limiting the size of a grain silo to 100,000l total instead of each crop. But some prefer the old way, and I say to each their own.
P.S. For me I farmed in real life 365 days per year but I'm glad you can choose to have 1,2 or 28 day months. Personally I choose 2 as my preffered option as this is just for fun.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

deerefarm wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:01 am
dan1109 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:51 pm I don't see any need to increase the production rates. Giants didn't pull these rates out of their buttocks. Its all balanced. The price difference you get between non-processed crops and processed crops, pays for the building itself in a 5-7 years, then its massive profit after that....like everything else in the game once you have paid off the investment. If you want more output, simply buy more buildings or farm different crops and get into different productions.
They pulled something out. Ok, they made compromises and adjusted the rates/volumes to work in their version of a simulator and for the most part did a pretty good job. But if the game was exact we wouldn't be being paid $900 per 1000L of corn. There are 32.5 L in a bushel. So 1000 L of grain is approximately 30.7 Bushels. The current market price for Corn is $5.96 a bushel. If my math is right that's $178 per 1000L. So if you want balanced and realistic then the price of corn is way off, even on hard mode.
Grain Mills are often supplied by railroad and a railroads ship wheat by the ton. 1 grain hopper holds 102 tonnes, or 288,762L.....
Point being, Giants manipulated the numbers to make the game work which is fair enough. If the game were exact then mods wouldn't exist. Some make the game more realistic and some make the game more unrealistic, but at the end of the day it's up to the player to decide which direction they want to go. I'm glad Giant's has made more of an effort to be realistic in this game, ie. limiting the size of a grain silo to 100,000l total instead of each crop. But some prefer the old way, and I say to each their own.
P.S. For me I farmed in real life 365 days per year but I'm glad you can choose to have 1,2 or 28 day months. Personally I choose 2 as my preffered option as this is just for fun.
Yeah, if FS was harder than RL...then I don't think anyone would play, lol. I get your points. I just don't see the point of mods that make it incredibly easier...for that we have difficulty level and at worse, gov subsidy signs. But as you say, to each their own. I just find it tedious spending time to figure out which mod is realistic/fair versus unreleastic/unfair. I'd expect Giants to 'try' to keep pricing sane and balanced in their tested mods...don't think we will see any $200k Case Steigers coming out. Of course, they did test and pass the lime factory that can get you $7M/year if you use TerraFarm to dig up unlimited rocks. BTW, thanks for the RL numbers
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Yeah I wish we could have made $7m a year when we were still farming. We'd have never sold the farm if that was the case. You're welcome for the real life numbers, like I said used to farm but don't anymore, but I still keep an eye on things as I've still got a few friends that farm.
As for RL numbers, I started a new segment on my channel to compare FS22 with real life with the idea of doing more like comparing bushel's, litres and so on. Kind of like the numbers above.
The first video looked at cows and the fact that a Holstein produces 30L (7+gallons) or so of milk per day eats X amount. So far it's not turning out to be nearly as popular as the mod videos... :hmm:
W1der

Post by W1der »

I have a sawmill that produces planks ... there is only one sellpoint on my map (Elmcreek) that accepts planks ... I do not own this "carpentry" ...
However ... it is now not accepting any more planks from my production at the sawmill ... as the carpentry is full and not producing furniture at the same rate as I am able to produce planks.
And even if I speed time up ... it´s not any way near able to accept as many planks as I need to sell to cover the interest on my loans ...

Wouldn´t have been nice to have a realistic sellpoint that accepts an unlimited amount of product (planks) from my sawmill?
Like a trainstation that exports the planks out of my part of the world ... :)
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

W1der wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:05 pm Wouldn´t have been nice to have a realistic sellpoint that accepts an unlimited amount of product (planks) from my sawmill?
Like a trainstation that exports the planks out of my part of the world ... :)
Did you mean "wouldn't IT have been nice"? As in, you wanted a sell point to accept unlimited amount of product.

W1der wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:05 pm ...... it´s not any way near able to accept as many planks as I need to sell to cover the interest on my loans ...
Did you really mean that you cannot even service the interest of the loans, yet alone pay back a loan for any capital costs you might have incurred?

Notwithstanding the above clarifications, it does illustrate another aspect of the game which is not appreciated. Production plants convert some input(s) to some output(s), to add value. BUT 1) that output must be sellable 2) There is a capital cost to setting up the facility and any supporting equipment, eg if you go into logging in a big way, you might choose an expensive machine to cut down and/or transport trees quickly. 3) There is also a time element, both in the amount of time you need to work to do the things you need to do (including loading pallets of output product at the end of the process) and the production rate of the factory.

For it to work out, you need to know the detailed figures and do some planning.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

paul_c wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:13 pm
Production plants convert some input(s) to some output(s), to add value ...

For it to work out, you need to know the detailed figures and do some planning.
For me these points sum it up. Production chains enhance your farming business rather than creating subsidiary industries. The game encourages you to play by diversifying. But it's all about small scale, local industry.

If you want to play differently e.g. scaling up, there are always mods.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Yes ... you understood my dilemma !

I am about to retreat to chipping my finest timber :frown: as I believe the wood chip sell point has no limitations ... :hmm:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

If that's the case then my best advice would be to start a new save game which you can use as a "test" area, then try to get an idea of production rates, prices etc so you can predict the income you might achieve with a plan, before you spend on anything. If you have no cash whatsoever you can still do ploughing, cultivating and baling/harvest contracts (and borrow all the equipment) to bring some in.
W1der

Post by W1der »

Or I can harvest my trees before they are worthy of becoming planks ... and chip all of it ...
This way it will be somewhat realistic ... *thumbsup*