Double production rate?

u2020bullet

Double production rate?

Post by u2020bullet »

So i keep reading about people increasing production speeds, makes them cost more but produce faster. Where exactly is this option? Or was a misreading something?
StoneTheCrows

Re: Double production rate?

Post by StoneTheCrows »

I think it's on PC - messing with the data files.

Btw - I see production cycles (on the factory interaction screen) are now counted per month. Seems to make sense. In fact the whole thing seems easier to interpret.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:00 am I think it's on PC - messing with the data files.

Btw - I see production cycles (on the factory interaction screen) are now counted per month. Seems to make sense. In fact the whole thing seems easier to interpret.
Ohhh, i thought it was a default ingame option somewhere on the production screen that i may have somehow missed.
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

u2020bullet wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:08 am
StoneTheCrows wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:00 am I think it's on PC - messing with the data files.

Ohhh, i thought it was a default ingame option somewhere on the production screen that i may have somehow missed.
TBH, that's what I thought too. I have seen people speak of increasing production rates but I assumed it was for certain production facilities that I hadn't yet explored. Certainly I don't see anything for grain mill or bakery.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

GrimHuffer wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:05 am
u2020bullet wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:08 am

TBH, that's what I thought too. I have seen people speak of increasing production rates but I assumed it was for certain production facilities that I hadn't yet explored. Certainly I don't see anything for grain mill or bakery.
Haha, those are the same ones i have and was looking for the option for the bakery since it's so much slower than the mill. :D
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

u2020bullet wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:23 pm Haha, those are the same ones i have and was looking for the option for the bakery since it's so much slower than the mill. :D
Tell me about it. I was using the grain mill as a silo of sorts hoping that by next harvest I'd have gotten rid of a fair amount of grain and created enough space for the new harvest haul...nope. Thinking I might have to add in another bakery, or three!
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

The only way I know to increase production speeds is to alter the game files. I've edited the XML files for a few of my production points to speed them up a bit. I doubled the speed of things like Bread, Honey, Raisins, and chocolate. Both my grain mill and sugar plant were producing far more flour and sugar than I could use in other productions. My bakery now produces 2X the amount of bread but I still end up selling a fair bit of flour to the shops.
But as I said apart from editing the game files I know of no other ways to speed up productions.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Old_Wiking

Post by Old_Wiking »

@deerfarm: In what file can i increase the production on textile and clothes? Do you know?
RomeoLimaEcho

Post by RomeoLimaEcho »

Old_Wiking wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:05 am @deerfarm: In what file can i increase the production on textile and clothes? Do you know?
Not with my game PC now, just remember in the game folder, /placeable/lizard/productionpoint, all factories are there.
Spinner folder for textile, tailor shop folder for clothes, edit the .xml file.
Old_Wiking

Post by Old_Wiking »

Not with my game PC now, just remember in the game folder, /placeable/lizard/productionpoint, all factories are there.
Spinner folder for textile, tailor shop folder for clothes, edit the .xml file.
[/quote]

Been in that file. But could not find out what varables to changes. If you could when you have the time to find out and tell me i would be REALY happy :-)
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

Old_Wiking wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:15 pm Been in that file. But could not find out what varables to changes. If you could when you have the time to find out and tell me i would be REALY happy :-)
Follow RomeoLimaEcho's directions to the correct folder (the production facility) you wish to edit > open folder, find .xml file and open it > find 'productionPoint' entry > change the number after 'cyclesPerHour' to something greater (e.g. cyclesPerHour="90" changed to cyclesPerHour="180" would double the current production rate.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

GrimHuffer wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:29 pm
Old_Wiking wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:15 pm Been in that file. But could not find out what varables to changes. If you could when you have the time to find out and tell me i would be REALY happy :-)
Follow RomeoLimaEcho's directions to the correct folder (the production facility) you wish to edit > open folder, find .xml file and open it > find 'productionPoint' entry > change the number after 'cyclesPerHour' to something greater (e.g. cyclesPerHour="90" changed to cyclesPerHour="180" would double the current production rate.
Thank you for answering him, and yes that's exactly what I did. Just remember these are you main game file and will be overwritten when there is a patch/update to the game.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

My general thought on production after playing for 100+ hours is:
  • Almost all production buildings should have their through put increased by 2x OR the price per liter increased by 2x and the input consumption also multiplied by 2x. I think all the facilities produce too little product over the year by about half. It takes about 1.5 years to get payback on production facility, but the crop throughput is still very small. Ideally there should be multiple versions of each facility like the BGAs or the ability to upgrade the facilities. As of now, I would need 60+ sugarmills to process an entire map of sugar beets, which I think is about 5x too many considering how much sugar an actual sugar mill can process. I'd support the price being increased by 1.5x as well.
  • Almost all production buildings should have their storage increased by 5x
  • Flour, sugar and oil should be able to be transported in bulk, not only in pallets.
  • Autoloading trailers should be part of the base game, if not, the auto selling penalty should be reduced from 35% to 15-20%. This is farm sim, not forklift and truck driving sim.
I'll probably edit the xml eventually, but I am waiting for the game to stabilize first
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I do get the feeling that everything is geared towards and balanced around small-scale production. Even though end products are much more profitable than inputs, by the time I have enough volume, I am several harvests ahead and would have made more money by just dumping grain rather than mucking about with production chains.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

mackintosh wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:14 pm I do get the feeling that everything is geared towards and balanced around small-scale production. Even though end products are much more profitable than inputs, by the time I have enough volume, I am several harvests ahead and would have made more money by just dumping grain rather than mucking about with production chains.
It depends on how long you play the map. If you are going to play for a long time AND don't mind the pallet tax (I use super strength) then it is always better to setup the production chain as they do pay off within 2 years, meaning you will get more cash every year per crop via the production chain.

As you mentioned, the main issue with production chains are they are half baked for all intensive purposes, especially when compared to other games. I think the easiest thing for Giants to do is to lower the auto sell tax so those who want to do the manual loading and hauling can still get benefit, but the players who don't can still get benefit of setting up production chains.