Fs22 Seasons GEO?

Azfoor

Fs22 Seasons GEO?

Post by Azfoor »

Does anyone know if it's possible tho make a geo for Fs22? For me the crop cycles are way of. Where I live we can plant wheat barley etc both in the fall and in spring. And the Temps are way to high in winter time.
ASOLANDRI

Re: Fs22 Seasons GEO?

Post by ASOLANDRI »

I doubt it since GIANTS made Seasons in base game, however I think you can change the GEO in Giants Editor on maps.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
humbe

Post by humbe »

Just guessing, but seasons mod could come back to do all the stuff that didnt make it into base game. Theres quite a few bits that did not make the base game.
Sweet Wheat

Post by Sweet Wheat »

I've done some work on the growth.xml and have just released an updated version that you might like. I also disliked how the base game has no spring planting for most crops, realistic for some parts of Europe maybe.
I also changed some things in the environment.xml in my game to have more snow and colder temperatures, mainly it's just the min max temps. Main issue is the change of season the current temp at 11pm might be -2c and the forecast temp for midnight will show something like -25c. Current temp gets closer to the forecasts the next day but I'll take it if it means winter temps are closer to what my area is like.
Because we can't edit month by month there is a big jump in winter to spring and autumn to winter.

https://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator ... growth-v20
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

Sweet Wheat wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:28 am I've done some work on the growth.xml and have just released an updated version that you might like.
I also disliked how the base game has no spring planting for most crops, realistic for some parts of Europe maybe.
I also changed some things in the environment.xml in my game to have more snow and colder temperatures, mainly it's just the min max temps. Main issue is the change of season the current temp at 11pm might be -2c and the forecast temp for midnight will show something like -25c. Current temp gets closer to the forecasts the next day but I'll take it if it means winter temps are closer to what my area is like.
Because we can't edit month by month there is a big jump in winter to spring and autumn to winter.
https://www.modhub.us/farming-simulator ... growth-v20
I will take a look 😊
I live in Sweden so Canada might be somewhat like here 😁👍
Tactical_Templar

Post by Tactical_Templar »

Maybe im going to sound dumb but im trying to figure out what i need to change to make your geo file work @Sweet Wheat.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

A map released over the weekend which has a different GEO as it allows for double crop soybeans I have not had a look at it yet.

https://central-ohio-modding.itch.io/fs22-deer-creek
DanL58

Post by DanL58 »

Not really a Geo but I managed to edit the maps_growth file in the games data/map directory so that I can have spring wheat and barley planting. It works fine but if Giants sends out another game update it will overwrite my edited file and I will have to change it out again. I'm sure there is a way to add the edited maps_growth xml file to a mod map zip file but that is beyond my ability.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

DanL58 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:34 pm Not really a Geo but I managed to edit the maps_growth file in the games data/map directory so that I can have spring wheat and barley planting. It works fine but if Giants sends out another game update it will overwrite my edited file and I will have to change it out again. I'm sure there is a way to add the edited maps_growth xml file to a mod map zip file but that is beyond my ability.
Ahhh good spot ..! I'm having a go at sorting out spring wheat and barley for my messing about map
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Frag

Post by Frag »

Is there also a way to put deeper snow? The winter on the map I am using are too mild. I would like these to be colder with deeper snow. Do you know which file I should look at?
Sweet Wheat

Post by Sweet Wheat »

Tactical_Templar wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:56 am Maybe im going to sound dumb but im trying to figure out what i need to change to make your geo file work @Sweet Wheat.
I just realized I didn't put details in version 2.
For steam, inside steam apps>common>farming simulator22>data>maps
Make a copy of your maps_growth xml and keep that aside.
Place my maps_growth xml in there

Also for all those using a mod map I'm finding some have a different process to set up. For example countyline, inside the zip folder there is a maps> mapUS folder where the maps_growth.xml is
Sweet Wheat

Post by Sweet Wheat »

Frag wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:46 pm Is there also a way to put deeper snow? The winter on the map I am using are too mild. I would like these to be colder with deeper snow. Do you know which file I should look at?
For steam, inside steam apps>common>farming simulator22>data>maps>mapUS (or alpine or fr)
You can change the minimum temps for any season and probably the max temp also since the default is +5 to +10 for winter.
For snow there are two things I find work well. There is a weight of snow, so the chance of snow, default is only 5. I've been using 20. There is also a min and max hours, the default is 4 to 8 hours, I reduced it to 1 to 3 hours but the default may be what you like.
I play on 2 days/month during the winter so playing more days per month a weight of 20 for snow might be too much.

These edits might get overwritten after patches so save a copy of the environment.xml outside the steam folders.
phantommodzhd

Post by phantommodzhd »

Sweet Wheat wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:30 am
Frag wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:46 pm Is there also a way to put deeper snow? The winter on the map I am using are too mild. I would like these to be colder with deeper snow. Do you know which file I should look at?
For steam, inside steam apps>common>farming simulator22>data>maps>mapUS (or alpine or fr)
You can change the minimum temps for any season and probably the max temp also since the default is +5 to +10 for winter.
For snow there are two things I find work well. There is a weight of snow, so the chance of snow, default is only 5. I've been using 20. There is also a min and max hours, the default is 4 to 8 hours, I reduced it to 1 to 3 hours but the default may be what you like.
I play on 2 days/month during the winter so playing more days per month a weight of 20 for snow might be too much.

These edits might get overwritten after patches so save a copy of the environment.xml outside the steam folders.
I have also attempted what you are saying, however I have not had promising results. Do you have discord or email where you can perhaps take a look at my file and see where I went wrong? I changed the weight to 60 (where as I want more snow), with max temps of 48 degrees, however my game is now showing winter as 127 degrees Fahrenheit.
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

RealLifeNumbers has one script that allows you to design crop calendars very quickly. One for each savegame. Just comment out the scripts you don't want to use in modDesc.xml. RLN is found on www.modhoster.com. In version 1.0.0.8 there is a crop calender for UK, France and US, respectively.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Sweet Wheat

Post by Sweet Wheat »

phantommodzhd wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:56 pm
Sweet Wheat wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:30 am

I have also attempted what you are saying, however I have not had promising results. Do you have discord or email where you can perhaps take a look at my file and see where I went wrong? I changed the weight to 60 (where as I want more snow), with max temps of 48 degrees, however my game is now showing winter as 127 degrees Fahrenheit.
LOL,I think what happened is the temps are in celsius.