So much rolling!!! Like seriously always rolling!

SimpleFarmer

So much rolling!!! Like seriously always rolling!

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Am I the only one getting frustrated with how much rolling this game requires? You have to roll it after you disk, plant it, and then roll it again?? At nearly 120 hours a lot of fields & 7 mph I'm getting sick of rolling.
Does anyone know of any roller mods or something short of turning weeds off?
ASOLANDRI

Re: So much rolling!!! Like seriously always rolling!

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Isn't there a feature where you can turn off "Rolling Required"? :confusednew:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:00 pm Am I the only one getting frustrated with how much rolling this game requires? You have to roll it after you disk, plant it, and then roll it again?? At nearly 120 hours a lot of fields & 7 mph I'm getting sick of rolling.
you could try if i remember right it's work speed is like 10/11 mph so don't like the ingame rollers to slow lol and ya only need to roll once after seeing/planting. i harvest then mulch, plow, cultivate, stone pick then first fert then seed and second fert and roll and it gives 100% yeild bouns.

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

You only have to roll after you sow if you want the bonus...
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

What FarmCatJenkins said. You only need to roll once after sowing/planting to fulfil bonus requirements. Everything else is superfluous and basically there if you want a more realistic experience, but it's just visual fluff as far as the game is concerned.
Phi258

Post by Phi258 »

ace54858 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:35 pm
SimpleFarmer wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:00 pm Am I the only one getting frustrated with how much rolling this game requires? You have to roll it after you disk, plant it, and then roll it again?? At nearly 120 hours a lot of fields & 7 mph I'm getting sick of rolling.
you could try if i remember right it's work speed is like 10/11 mph so don't like the ingame rollers to slow lol and ya only need to roll once after seeing/planting. i harvest then mulch, plow, cultivate, stone pick then first fert then seed and second fert and roll and it gives 100% yeild bouns.

Is it still the case that mulching is mostly pointless? I read (before patches) that unless you do it all yourself, the 5% yield bonus you get from mulching isn't worth it; due to the small working size of the equipment and AI fees
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

It doesn't take long with the 24m one...
And seeing we're sharing arable practices I harvest, fert, mulch, direct drill, fert, roll and spray
Got ploughing turned off as Its a no-till system.
Plus lime when required.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:51 pm You only have to roll after you sow if you want the bonus...
Well this is news, thank u. So disk, plant, roll, herb, fert 2x and then harvest should get me like 95%? I don't mulch it doesn't seem worth it as someone said above.
I also saw simfarmer on YouTube saying something like using a mechanical weeder instead of a herbicide for the full bonus... I've never heard of that before.
garyst

Post by garyst »

I only roll before planting. I know it doesn't give me the yield bonus but where I am from I have never seen anyone pass a roller after planting only before. So that's the way I like to do it on my fields.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Phi258 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:20 am

Is it still the case that mulching is mostly pointless? I read (before patches) that unless you do it all yourself, the 5% yield bonus you get from mulching isn't worth it; due to the small working size of the equipment and AI fees
i do it as it doesn't take very long and there are bigger mulchers as well like https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022
humbe

Post by humbe »

Phi258 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:20 am ...

Few things are worth it when you hire help wanting €1800 per hours work..
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

ace54858 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:59 am
Phi258 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:20 am

i do it as it doesn't take very long and there are bigger mulchers as well like https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2022
Bigger isn't always better - this mulcher is only 12kmph - it ends up having the same exact working area per hour as the smaller ones which are 18kmph. The devil is in the details. Its a shame though, its HP requirements indicate it should indeed have 50% ~WA more than other mulchers with ~150 HP required.
wbthacker

Post by wbthacker »

Between mulching and rolling, yeah, Giants added two new steps that require covering the entire field, and that's kind of a lot -- especially as neither of these practices seems to be all that common.

But OTOH, I think they only give you a 2.5% bonus each, and with the costs of maintenance and hired hands that's barely worth doing. So feel free to ignore the rollers.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

I don't bother with rolling. I'm playing on No Mans Land so no contracts and the cost of buying / leasing a roller plus the time it takes isn't worth it for me, I think the yield bonus is 5%.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

For mulching, I have my eye on this device...I'll use it only for mulching as I have DDs. Its looks like a fair amount of HP for the working area per hour it offers...haven't bought it yet, as I want to first upgrade my plowing setup and move my previously plowing tractor to use this mulcher.

http://tysondiniz.me/john-deere-2660vt/

I'm certain its in the Giants mod test queue, so console users should get it sometime in January hopefully.