So much rolling!!! Like seriously always rolling!

Drmattymd

Re: So much rolling!!! Like seriously always rolling!

Post by Drmattymd »

dan1108 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:28 am For mulching, I have my eye on this device...I'll use it only for mulching as I have DDs. Its looks like a fair amount of HP for the working area per hour it offers...haven't bought it yet, as I want to first upgrade my plowing setup and move my previously plowing tractor to use this mulcher.

http://tysondiniz.me/john-deere-2660vt/

I'm certain its in the Giants mod test queue, so console users should get it sometime in January hopefully.
I wouldn't count on it having been sent to Giants, its an edit after all and without original modders approval it would end up in the "stolen mod" category
Playing on PC and PS4
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:37 pm
dan1108 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:28 am For mulching, I have my eye on this device...I'll use it only for mulching as I have DDs. Its looks like a fair amount of HP for the working area per hour it offers...haven't bought it yet, as I want to first upgrade my plowing setup and move my previously plowing tractor to use this mulcher.

http://tysondiniz.me/john-deere-2660vt/

I'm certain its in the Giants mod test queue, so console users should get it sometime in January hopefully.
I wouldn't count on it having been sent to Giants, its an edit after all and without original modders approval it would end up in the "stolen mod" category
Ah...good point. I didn't realize that somone would go through the trouble of putting some decent work in editting someone else's mod and distributing on their own site. DinizFarms has only 1 official credit in FS19, so I suppose he does know the process and won't submit. My ASSuM(E)Ption was incorrect. Well, I guess he gave LR Modding an easy idea for a quick and popular mod. Mulching implments do seem to be the weak link, in obtaining 100%. However with cheap AI helpers, maybe a good use for your old low HP tractors is to get into a mulch party on some big fields.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Tyson is legit, he edits mods to be more realistic or to fit the style of the Midwest. He also gets permission from and credits the original creators and runs a directory to guide players to the original modders pages and download links. I don’t think he has a ton of interest in getting things on the hub and usually releases heavily script reliant maps
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

To clarify, I wasnt saying Tyson stole the mod. I think hes one of the top modders out there right now and is very respectful of other modders and their work. Like Mwal said, he seems to work with the other modders and always gives credit or gets permission. My comment was just that those edits get tricky in getting through modhub because somebody, somewhere, will pop up and say "this par was stolen" blah blah blah and then the mod either doesnt pass or gets taken down quickly.
Playing on PC and PS4
lawm

Post by lawm »

At least I know to only roll after planting/seeding before I get to that point. But as someone else stated, we are back to the fert 2x? Why did Giants spend so much effort with precision farming in 19 and go back to the do this in this order boom perfect yield on entire field format? I loved the aspect of certain sections of fields yielding differently.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Precision Farming was a mod/dlc.. It completely changes that aspect of field work and if I were to guess, everyone involved might be more comfortable offering it as an optional mod. But I highly doubt we have seen the last of PF. They barely scratched the surface with it last time and promised then that it was an ongoing project between Giants, JD and that food company (don't remember what the name is off hand) and more progress would be made. I expect, like everything else related to fs22, it will be considerably more complex than last time and probably be geared very heavily toward realism, utilizing more of the new field mechanics in this version of the game.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

Rolling and mulching don't appear to be worth it, at least with the maps we have right now.

Equipment cost, maintenance, fuel, and time, do not cover the 5% combined increase in yield.

To think of it another way, the 21st harvest will cover the lost yield from the previous 20. That's a lot of harvest in the meantime.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Yeah, I just don't see the benefit other than roleplaying. I still roll, because I started doing it as I tested out these new mechanics but have now relegated this duty to Courseplay. Once the game is patched up and I move to a new save, I will likely neither mulch nor roll.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

AgroDude wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:30 pm Rolling and mulching don't appear to be worth it, at least with the maps we have right now.

Equipment cost, maintenance, fuel, and time, do not cover the 5% combined increase in yield.

To think of it another way, the 21st harvest will cover the lost yield from the previous 20. That's a lot of harvest in the meantime.
Its designed to simply pay for itself. That's why they decreased the bonus from 5% to 2.5% for mulching - original ingame documentation still has that error, so it must have been that way prior to 1.1.0.0. I think its fine the way it is. Its certainly not meant to be the yield boost that fertilizer (which takes 1/10th the time and gives 10 times the yield increase, x100 time effective use of time) or plowing (I wish they we could have an option for plow every 3rd harvest) or lime(why doesn't Giants have a stock lime silo in the game FFS). Yes, it adds more fun to the game - gets boring just DDing and Harvesting over and over...
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:45 am Precision Farming was a mod/dlc.. It completely changes that aspect of field work and if I were to guess, everyone involved might be more comfortable offering it as an optional mod. But I highly doubt we have seen the last of PF. They barely scratched the surface with it last time and promised then that it was an ongoing project between Giants, JD and that food company (don't remember what the name is off hand) and more progress would be made. I expect, like everything else related to fs22, it will be considerably more complex than last time and probably be geared very heavily toward realism, utilizing more of the new field mechanics in this version of the game.
Precision farming is due around Easter. From what I remember from the livestreams, they are still working with JD and some university but it was too difficult to coordinate to get it written in time to be any sooner. From what the JD guy said on the stream there are planned to be a lot of changes to make it more realistic, and also some to make it more user friendly, such as being able to contract out soil sampling. IE paying a fixed fee and it gets done rather than driving round for hours taking samples, although that option should still be there too.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

dan1108 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:06 pm ---snippr--- lime(why doesn't Giants have a stock lime silo in the game FFS). ---snipp---
They do.....
Atleast there's two i belive on HB.
Or do you mean placeable, that you can place yourself? I haven't checked for that, as there already are on the map, not far from the farm, and a easy haul with a trailer to the farm, or a few times with the spreader.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
lawm

Post by lawm »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:58 pm
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:45 am Precision Farming was a mod/dlc.. It completely changes that aspect of field work and if I were to guess, everyone involved might be more comfortable offering it as an optional mod. But I highly doubt we have seen the last of PF. They barely scratched the surface with it last time and promised then that it was an ongoing project between Giants, JD and that food company (don't remember what the name is off hand) and more progress would be made. I expect, like everything else related to fs22, it will be considerably more complex than last time and probably be geared very heavily toward realism, utilizing more of the new field mechanics in this version of the game.
Precision farming is due around Easter. From what I remember from the livestreams, they are still working with JD and some university but it was too difficult to coordinate to get it written in time to be any sooner. From what the JD guy said on the stream there are planned to be a lot of changes to make it more realistic, and also some to make it more user friendly, such as being able to contract out soil sampling. IE paying a fixed fee and it gets done rather than driving round for hours taking samples, although that option should still be there too.
Paying for sampling. Yesss!!
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

mackintosh wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:15 am What FarmCatJenkins said. You only need to roll once after sowing/planting to fulfil bonus requirements. Everything else is superfluous and basically there if you want a more realistic experience, but it's just visual fluff as far as the game is concerned.
Realisitc? Depends on where you are!
Nobody over here rolls after seeding... only sport grass fields get rolled, or the occasional cow pasture after too many moles... everything is flat here in the river area... no rolling, no stones, no liming done ever. I do wish the farm would allow to switch it off, would be handy for map builders too. :hi:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

It's not a requirement. It's an option that gives you a tiny yield bump if you want to do it. Just like mulching. Not a requirement, but if you want to do it, you get a tiny yield bump. If you don't do these steps, turn the layer off in the map screen and you'll never have to think about it again.

Y'all don't have to do every single step every single time. That's farming. You weigh your options and determine what makes the most sense financially. Now, if you're farming 1,000+ acres, that 5% or whatever bump could make a huge difference. Or maybe not. It's up to the player to decide what's best. Just food for thought.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

fenixguy wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:22 pm It's not a requirement. It's an option that gives you a tiny yield bump if you want to do it. Just like mulching. Not a requirement, but if you want to do it, you get a tiny yield bump. If you don't do these steps, turn the layer off in the map screen and you'll never have to think about it again.

Y'all don't have to do every single step every single time. That's farming. You weigh your options and determine what makes the most sense financially. Now, if you're farming 1,000+ acres, that 5% or whatever bump could make a huge difference. Or maybe not. It's up to the player to decide what's best. Just food for thought.
Highly illogical, captain!
As there is no option to switch it off the game is forcing it on players. There's a penalty for not doing it, no matter how small. If as you say it's up to the player then there should be a menu option to switch it off. Like so many things Giants just overlook, or think modders will make it (try to get it on Modhub, good luck!)
MC, aka Master of Cereals