Grass harvesting/planting

mort

Re: Grass harvesting/planting

Post by mort »

thanks NDDan,
I changed my strategy: I sold the forage harvester, bought a mower, waited 3 days (months) instead of 2 and collected significantly more grass than usual. additionally increasing the volume by mowing the roadside near the field (the forage harvester mows only the grass on the field)

I also want to ask: for a long time I saw in one video on YouTube the opinion that the second layer of fertilizer can be applied not only with a roller, but also with some other device (I don’t remember which one), for example, a weeder. is this true, since it takes a very long time to process a larger field with a roller?
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

mort wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:03 pm thanks NDDan,
I changed my strategy: I sold the forage harvester, bought a mower, waited 3 days (months) instead of 2 and collected significantly more grass than usual. additionally increasing the volume by mowing the roadside near the field (the forage harvester mows only the grass on the field)

I also want to ask: for a long time I saw in one video on YouTube the opinion that the second layer of fertilizer can be applied not only with a roller, but also with some other device (I don’t remember which one), for example, a weeder. is this true, since it takes a very long time to process a larger field with a roller?
You're welcome, and I don't know about using the weeder. That would be interesting. As mentioned before, the big soil rollers don't apply the fertilization stage, but maybe a weeder would. I'll have to try it. The description on the grass rollers says something about them weeding. That would be a big change, since the largest grass roller is just over 6m. The biggest weeder is over 15m.
There’s no place like utopia.
mort

Post by mort »

NDDan wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:17 pm

You're welcome, and I don't know about using the weeder. That would be interesting. As mentioned before, the big soil rollers don't apply the fertilization stage, but maybe a weeder would. I'll have to try it. The description on the grass rollers says something about them weeding. That would be a big change, since the largest grass roller is just over 6m. The biggest weeder is over 15m.
I can confirm that Treffler TS 1520/M3 is suitable for second stage fertilization)
Last edited by mort on Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

mort wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:07 pm
NDDan wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:17 pm

I can confirm that Treffler TS 1520/M3 is suitable for second stage fertilization)
Wow! Good to know. I wonder if that's a bug or something they intended. I don't know much about grass in real life.
There’s no place like utopia.
mort

Post by mort »

NDDan wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:10 pm
mort wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:07 pm]

Wow! Good to know. I wonder if that's a bug or something they intended. I don't know much about grass in real life.
but keep in mind that, unlike the roller, it destroys the mowed grass layd on the field