Calmsden Farm Map

christian256

Re: Calmsden Farm Map

Post by christian256 »

Anyone else having issues with the doors, gates, etc...? Nothing opens visually for us.
I don't if it's intentional but I can't open the gate at the front of the farmhouse, there is a gate to the left of farmhouse (standing in front of the house) which I can't open which is disappointing - would have been a great place to park a truck

No problems with the gate in the fields
christian256

Post by christian256 »

I will play this farm until something better comes along. I do like 95% of the farm but I like to 'loose' myself when playing, so small things irrate me more than they should. In the case of this map I don't like the fact that the famrhouse is not on the farm. Every farm I have played on FS and in rl I have visited, the farmhouse has been on the farm. It's just a small thing that irrates me :)
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

Wow..I wish I could think of something more clever to say but just..wow
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
Nishma Agri Mods

Post by Nishma Agri Mods »

nice map , but get rid of the mask mandate signs . i play games to escape reality i dont need this mask rubbish in my games too thank you very much!
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

FMWA80 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:50 pm
deerefarm wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:00 am
TheGazbeard wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:39 pm

Like what?

The British countryside isn't renowned as being heavily industrial - every inch of land is utilised for food production, unlike the USA where you guys think nothing of wasting several thousand acres just to put a separation zone alone the side of a highway because it's within 50 miles of a city.

In the UK, as a general rule, if it's in the countryside it is serving the agricultural community ... not acting as an industrial complex to serve the cities. The cities have their own industrial zones for doing that. Even wool and such is sent to the cities for production processing.
Careful as to who you're calling a Yank mate. My birth certificate and 1st passport both have UK on them. The second happens to be Canada. So don't go lecturing me about the UK tosser.
Touché LOL

I’ll give the map a play and then judge the production, validity of what exists but my bet is that as it’s by OxygenDavid it’ll be tremendous.

Anyone else finding it’s taking an age to download from the modhub? (PC - UK)
It took me a while to download. I just did a "map tour" and this map brings back so many memories. I was born and raised on a farm in Minety, not far from Cirencester, so I think this map is going to have a lot of special memories. FYI My parent sold our 100+ acre farm in Minety for a 400 Acre farm in Canada... Yank... hmmph...
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Ps4farmer

Post by Ps4farmer »

christian256 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:02 am I will play this farm until something better comes along. I do like 95% of the farm but I like to 'loose' myself when playing, so small things irrate me more than they should. In the case of this map I don't like the fact that the famrhouse is not on the farm. Every farm I have played on FS and in rl I have visited, the farmhouse has been on the farm. It's just a small thing that irrates me :)
You know that you can sell the starting house and build one yourself?
I didn’t like it either so I sold that house. Use the doormat mod to choose another house.
The house next to the cowfarm is a good one too buy. The only thing I notice that I didn’t like with that house is the floating tree in the garden.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

Nishma Agri Mods wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:19 am
Unfortunately whether it's TV, movies or video games, the virtue signaling is here to stay.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Vfarms wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:47 am
Nishma Agri Mods wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:19 am
Unfortunately whether it's TV, movies or video games, the virtue signaling is here to stay.
This is open to interpretation, only the map creator could really state his inspiration on placing those signs.
I think it's British sarcasm.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I can do without the mask signs, too. It’s a small thing. Of course, if you put masks on every pedestrian, I might forgive you. :mrgreen:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Out of curiosity, on the pc version is there anywhere to sell Oats, Sorghum, Grapes and Olives? Seems an odd thing to leave off a map, especially as they are new crops to the game (except oats ofc)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:29 pm Out of curiosity, on the pc version is there anywhere to sell Oats, Sorghum, Grapes and Olives? Seems an odd thing to leave off a map, especially as they are new crops to the game (except oats ofc)
Not sure about the grapes and olives as they aren't common in the area but the sellpoints are being fixed for the rest.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:47 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:29 pm Out of curiosity, on the pc version is there anywhere to sell Oats, Sorghum, Grapes and Olives? Seems an odd thing to leave off a map, especially as they are new crops to the game (except oats ofc)
Not sure about the grapes and olives as they aren't common in the area but the sellpoints are being fixed for the rest.
Thanks for that. I wasn’t really surprised about the grapes and olives for that reason, good to know the others are being fixed though. I don’t suppose Oxy has any idea if these can be updated without needing a new save? Just wondering whether to wait or not.
BigAl Farming

Post by BigAl Farming »

[/quote]

Thanks for that. I wasn’t really surprised about the grapes and olives for that reason, good to know the others are being fixed though. I don’t suppose Oxy has any idea if these can be updated without needing a new save? Just wondering whether to wait or not.
[/quote]

He's said none of the updates/fixes so far would require a new save
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Excellent news! I can start farming then. It’s no big deal about the crops really, I just like the visuals with Sorghum.
christian256

Post by christian256 »

They have been successfully growing grapes in Gloucestershire since the seventies