Calmsden Farm Map

dan1109

Re: Calmsden Farm Map

Post by dan1109 »

templer013 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:04 pm
templer013 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:47 pm Version 1.1.0.0 PC - new save with that version

Cows have straw and grass, but productivity, health and reproduction stays at 0%, two night cycles since i bought and fed the animals

water does not seem to be an option for the intakes

Is this intentionally or is it a bug?

TY,BR
well, i did play around with it a bit and i have got a question.
what is the point of feeding grass, when they never eat it as long as there is other feed and when there is no other feed but grass, they loose all productivity, health and reproduction?!?

TY for any replies!
Can't comment on the grass and 0% health issue (I would NEVER feed them grass, as the rated 60% productivity will halt reproduction, hay at 80% will allow reproduction with 20% less milk, so a great cheap alternative when starting off if you can't afford a TMR/Silage setup).

However, why would you feed them grass? Well, as an emergency backup, or a primary source if really really broke...let's say you run out of food, and for whatever reason you don't have the money to buy a tedder. Well, grass is better than nothing. Also, it would be much better for beef cows that nothing, as I believe health doesn't jump from 0 to 100% with proper feed in one day (perhaps in 1 day months, but dont think so in multiday month games). I sell as much silage as I can, but if I make incorrect calculations one January, I may have to resort to feeding them hay. The same concept goes for grass, for someone only feeding them hay but perhaps they can only mow in small spots, and they have a HUGE tedder that can't fit.
Sloppy

Post by Sloppy »

anyone tried to edit gates doors on this map in GE, they dont appear when you load the id3 file and ive looked in the id3 loaded in notepad but i can see the link/refernce for them anywhere, i assume you have to import them but where from???

cheers
Voncarsteine

Post by Voncarsteine »

It's too messy for my taste
DemonBarber

Post by DemonBarber »

Here's a great video on how to edit the map (for personal use only) by Scroft. He shows how to remove fences, hedges and gates. Well worth a watch and easy to follow.
https://youtu.be/4z4DKDzDCuM
Sloppy

Post by Sloppy »

DemonBarber wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:14 pm Here's a great video on how to edit the map (for personal use only) by Scroft. He shows how to remove fences, hedges and gates. Well worth a watch and easy to follow.
https://youtu.be/4z4DKDzDCuM
Thankyou i will take a look *thumbsup*

that was really useful the gates and door are hidden in the chicken coop i3d file?

when you improt them there not even aligned either wierd way to make the map!

Final thing after deleting the west farm to make my own there are some invisible Collison triggers which cant be selected, i.e if you drive along the clear site you still hit stuff, they dont appear to be in the main map i3d file

they must also be in another id3 file like the dorrs/gates and im not sure which!

any help much appreciated!
Ramie

Post by Ramie »

Can anyone help me, I have made some small edits on the map mainly adjusted hedge boundaries and copied and pasted gates to create some field entrances

Thing is the gates that I have copied and pasted do not stay open when I save quit and load up the save game again they are always in the closed position even though I leave them open before I quit the save game, why would this be ?? And what do I have to edit to fix this issue ??

Thanks
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Ramie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:35 pm Can anyone help me, I have made some small edits on the map mainly adjusted hedge boundaries and copied and pasted gates to create some field entrances

Thing is the gates that I have copied and pasted do not stay open when I save quit and load up the save game again they are always in the closed position even though I leave them open before I quit the save game, why would this be ?? And what do I have to edit to fix this issue ??

Thanks
Animated gates if duplicated have to be given a unique name to work properly. Simply adding a "_01" prefix for example on the gate in GE will suffice. You'll notice that Oxygendavid has already done this on Calmsden v1.2.

If you had checked your log.txt, the error with the animatedObject/duplciate id error would be present.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BulletBill wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 2:30 pm
Ramie wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:35 pm Can anyone help me, I have made some small edits on the map mainly adjusted hedge boundaries and copied and pasted gates to create some field entrances

Thanks
Animated gates if duplicated have to be given a unique name to work properly. Simply adding a "_01" prefix for example on the gate in GE will suffice. You'll notice that Oxygendavid has already done this on Calmsden v1.2.

If you had checked your log.txt, the error with the animatedObject/duplciate id error would be present.
I was going to blame whoever made the gates :lol:
Azfoor

Post by Azfoor »

I have made edits of the map and i removed the straw pile at the cowfarm bit the collision is still there 🤔 I have looked in every id3 i can find. Such a wierd way to build a map to put different stuff in random id3s...
raran

Post by raran »

Azfoor wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:20 pm I have made edits of the map and i removed the straw pile at the cowfarm bit the collision is still there 🤔 I have looked in every id3 i can find. Such a wierd way to build a map to put different stuff in random id3s...
You don't need to do those in GE basically. Can be done from the build menu.
Ramie

Post by Ramie »

Thanks for the information I have edited the gate numbers and all works great now… 👍🏻
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

Hi! Can I play the Calmsden map without Precision Farming in the last update without any trouble?
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
raran

Post by raran »

Paco_86 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:35 pm Hi! Can I play the Calmsden map without Precision Farming in the last update without any trouble?
Yes you should be.
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

raran wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:00 pm
Paco_86 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:35 pm Hi! Can I play the Calmsden map without Precision Farming in the last update without any trouble?
Yes you should be.
Ok thanks!
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
raran

Post by raran »

Paco_86 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:14 pm
raran wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:00 pm
Yes you should be.
Ok thanks!
Have fun. It's one of the best maps ever imho.