Calmsden Farm Map

dan1109

Re: Calmsden Farm Map

Post by dan1109 »

Today's download speeds will surely be as bad as any patch download...everyone try to have patience..
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

When I was downloading it seemed to be taking ages but if I cycled to the next tab (left shoulder and then back with right shoulder) in the menu and back to latest it was downloading a lot quicker??
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
FMWA80

Post by FMWA80 »

deerefarm wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:00 am
TheGazbeard wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:39 pm
deerefarm wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:29 am Usually smaller UK/Euro maps aren't my cup of tea, but this one certainly has peaked my interest. I hope he includes a couple of more production chains though.
Like what?

The British countryside isn't renowned as being heavily industrial - every inch of land is utilised for food production, unlike the USA where you guys think nothing of wasting several thousand acres just to put a separation zone alone the side of a highway because it's within 50 miles of a city.

In the UK, as a general rule, if it's in the countryside it is serving the agricultural community ... not acting as an industrial complex to serve the cities. The cities have their own industrial zones for doing that. Even wool and such is sent to the cities for production processing.
Careful as to who you're calling a Yank mate. My birth certificate and 1st passport both have UK on them. The second happens to be Canada. So don't go lecturing me about the UK tosser.
Touché LOL

I’ll give the map a play and then judge the production, validity of what exists but my bet is that as it’s by OxygenDavid it’ll be tremendous.

Anyone else finding it’s taking an age to download from the modhub? (PC - UK)
thecaveman991

Post by thecaveman991 »

Attempt number 5 underway - 1 Hour and 7 minutes for 48%. Hope the download completes and sticks this time.
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Simon738 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:09 pm When I was downloading it seemed to be taking ages but if I cycled to the next tab (left shoulder and then back with right shoulder) in the menu and back to latest it was downloading a lot quicker??
So at least on PlayStation what is happening is that it seems to never stop downloading but it just doesn’t update the percentage. so yes if you tab off and then back onto the screen it’ll update the percentage
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Loving the new map! I've started out (on hard settings and with NO bird's eye camera view) from scratch and plodding away doing some harvesting. Its a nice touch that you're "given" a field (value £0) to start off. I may do a blog of it, if I can suss out decent screenshots and picture hosting etc.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

There's only one farm?
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
lawm

Post by lawm »

Simon738 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:09 pm When I was downloading it seemed to be taking ages but if I cycled to the next tab (left shoulder and then back with right shoulder) in the menu and back to latest it was downloading a lot quicker??
I've noticed that too when I have been on downloading stuff. It's like it freezes but when I come back its higher or downloaded completely
JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

I’m on PS4 and it downloaded fine for me. First thing I’ve noticed with the map is the header trailer you start with is too small for the header!
Check out my YouTube Channel - Cleft Lip Gamer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjiZK9 ... abJliHggaw
hun3

Post by hun3 »

Ahhh damn it...good bye vanilla maps forever I guess. :)
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

That’s one HUGE map! Also, I left my XBox 1 on in the background and did other things. Four hours later, it downloaded.
JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

Just found another issue. The fertilising contract on field 5 is broken. I’ve done most of the field but the progress bar on the contract screen has moved from 0% 😞
Check out my YouTube Channel - Cleft Lip Gamer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjiZK9 ... abJliHggaw
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

paul_c wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:44 pm Loving the new map! I've started out (on hard settings and with NO bird's eye camera view) from scratch and plodding away doing some harvesting. Its a nice touch that you're "given" a field (value £0) to start off. I may do a blog of it, if I can suss out decent screenshots and picture hosting etc.
I've started my blog here: viewtopic.php?f=988&t=187770

I know obviously there's loads of YouTubers out there doing a great job, I prefer the old fashioned blog style with a fictional story and a bunch of screenshots.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

I love Oxy and his maps...but I don't think this ones for me.

Enjoy it everyone!
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
ninjapenguin091

Post by ninjapenguin091 »

Anyone else having issues with the doors, gates, etc...? Nothing opens visually for us.