Calmsden Farm Map

ouyin2000

Re: Calmsden Farm Map

Post by ouyin2000 »

Anyone figure out how we can edit the hedges to make a new gate? I've tried Paint and Terraform Mod, but that doesn't seem to be able to delete the hedges.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Have you tried the forestry mulcher? You will need to own the land.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I think large portions of the map is static and indestructable.. For it to be removable it must be implemented like something optional. Im guessing you cant remove hedges/walls
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

The hedge models on Calmsden are not removable ingame. Only via GIANTS Editor...

Making every single hedge a placeable is not a viable option either.

UK maps have always been at a disadvantage because of the need for hedgerows, but we've had to make do with outdated models. Making more complex ones isn't a good answer as that just drags performance down even more given the large amount of hedgerows needed on a UK map.

It's something even top game devs struggle to figure out as there are no realistic UK hedgerows in any game. Forza 4 Horzion had reasonably decent ones but even there Devs admitted it was a struggle to achieve anything really good. Natural scenery models (trees, hedges, foliage etc) always are.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

The map update won’t download (completely) on PlayStation 5…

Earlier it reached 32% and then it stopped.
Now it stops at 8% 🙄
Ignorance is bliss
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Watched Mr sealyp earlier he is using the update on his PS5 .
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Mine eventually did download.
Ignorance is bliss
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

You need to start over. Bummer, but not so bad.
smbell

Post by smbell »

TheSuBBie wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:40 pm You can always utilise the non agricultural border area for Production/Sell points, like the way it was done in the Millennial Farm map for grain/rootcrop sales and seed/fertilizer buying station.
Have you tried this? I can't find anywhere that is non field and purchasable to build my dairy on... None of the border areas are useable.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

You seem to have taken my post out of context, I was refering to using the border area when creating a map not as an in game alternative.
Smokee

Post by Smokee »

Where can I find the horse training field placeables? With the update they just dissapeared and had to purchase those two lands again...
BigAl Farming

Post by BigAl Farming »

Smokee wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:57 pm Where can I find the horse training field placeables? With the update they just dissapeared and had to purchase those two lands again...
Don't think they're placeables you can add - just that they can now be deleted.

The update seemed to auto-delete them from the field - think you'll have to start a new save game to get them back
templer013

Post by templer013 »

Version 1.1.0.0 PC - new save with that version

Cows have straw and grass, but productivity, health and reproduction stays at 0%, two night cycles since i bought and fed the animals

water does not seem to be an option for the intakes

Is this intentionally or is it a bug?

TY,BR
templer013

Post by templer013 »

templer013 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:47 pm Version 1.1.0.0 PC - new save with that version

Cows have straw and grass, but productivity, health and reproduction stays at 0%, two night cycles since i bought and fed the animals

water does not seem to be an option for the intakes

Is this intentionally or is it a bug?

TY,BR
well, i did play around with it a bit and i have got a question.
what is the point of feeding grass, when they never eat it as long as there is other feed and when there is no other feed but grass, they loose all productivity, health and reproduction?!?

TY for any replies!
humbe

Post by humbe »

Water is automatically supplied to buildings in FS22. They thought it little realistic that you'd need to supply water manually there.

Would think grass accounted for more than 0% but dunno about that. Should be some in-game info about food efficiencies I think..