Calmsden Farm Map

Feirmeoir Eireannach

Calmsden Farm Map

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

I'm sure a lot of the Irish/UK players are excited about this map, I was just looking through the screenshots Oxy recently posted and I can officially say I'm well on board the Oxy band wagon now lol, I'll admit I was never a big fan of his maps in previous games, genuinely don't know what it was that put me off but Calmsden for FS22 looks another level.
TomTom996

Re: Calmsden Farm Map

Post by TomTom996 »

Its a masterpiece for sure.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I've been watching this one from the beginning. It's in OxygenDavid's own testing regime now and then it will go to GIANTS but, if we are lucky, we might see FS22 come alive by mid- to end-February!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

It actually gets me excited about playing a Euro map - typically small, with +100 fields, and hedgerows everywhere so you can't merge (perhaps now in FS22 you can sell/demolish them) - just like Giants stock maps...even the "American" map has an insane number of fields, smaller than my front yard.

However this map has a few number of fields, with nearly all small fields around your starter farm so you can properly diversify while in beginning your game with meager equipment. The rest of the map are medium to large fields. And of course its got tremendous details, that American maps typically don't have. Unless an awesome American map is in the queue somewhere, I think this will be my next map in a month.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Usually smaller UK/Euro maps aren't my cup of tea, but this one certainly has peaked my interest. I hope he includes a couple of more production chains though.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

This looks amazing. Small fields and narrow lanes with hedgerows. I really only get full RPG immersion on maps like this. I guess it's because it's what I know.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

deerefarm wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:29 am Usually smaller UK/Euro maps aren't my cup of tea, but this one certainly has peaked my interest. I hope he includes a couple of more production chains though.
Like what?

The British countryside isn't renowned as being heavily industrial - every inch of land is utilised for food production, unlike the USA where you guys think nothing of wasting several thousand acres just to put a separation zone alone the side of a highway because it's within 50 miles of a city.

In the UK, as a general rule, if it's in the countryside it is serving the agricultural community ... not acting as an industrial complex to serve the cities. The cities have their own industrial zones for doing that. Even wool and such is sent to the cities for production processing.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

TheGazbeard wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:39 pm
deerefarm wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:29 am Usually smaller UK/Euro maps aren't my cup of tea, but this one certainly has peaked my interest. I hope he includes a couple of more production chains though.
Like what?

The British countryside isn't renowned as being heavily industrial - every inch of land is utilised for food production, unlike the USA where you guys think nothing of wasting several thousand acres just to put a separation zone alone the side of a highway because it's within 50 miles of a city.

In the UK, as a general rule, if it's in the countryside it is serving the agricultural community ... not acting as an industrial complex to serve the cities. The cities have their own industrial zones for doing that. Even wool and such is sent to the cities for production processing.
It's very common nowadays to see small businesses setup on farms. Part of the diversification. Dairies for instance producing cheese or yoghurt. Farm shops. Spinners and weavers. Flour mills. Okay, it's not "industrial". But on a small scale there is more of it than you suggest.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:02 am
Like what?

It's very common nowadays to see small businesses setup on farms. Part of the diversification. Dairies for instance producing cheese or yoghurt. Farm shops. Spinners and weavers. Flour mills. Okay, it's not "industrial". But on a small scale there is more of it than you suggest.
A lot of the farms around me, East Anglia UK, have re-purposed their small old-style barns into dwellings, office units or light industrial.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Like what?

Careful as to who you're calling a Yank mate. My birth certificate and 1st passport both have UK on them. The second happens to be Canada. So don't go lecturing me about the UK tosser.
NWJ22

Post by NWJ22 »

Anyway....... back to the topic at hand? very excited to play this map! it actually kind of soured my current Elms Creek play through as the design is just his usual step above all else.

FYI fields described as "huge" it'll cater for all types.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

When I last spoke to him the plan was not to include any but to create buyable areas where they could be placed if wanted like the old placeable areas from 17.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

unlike the USA where you guys think nothing of wasting several thousand acres just to put a separation zone alone the side of a highway because it's within 50 miles of a city.
We do it because WE CAN. Need more shipments of food in the next war world war to keep from starving? We can do that too...again.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Ok that works for me if there's an area set aside to place you placeables. It's the maps that don't have room for them that bother me because you end up having to take away valuable field space to be able to place them.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

You can always utilise the non agricultural border area for Production/Sell points, like the way it was done in the Millennial Farm map for grain/rootcrop sales and seed/fertilizer buying station.