Calmsden Farm Map

FarmerNeen

Re: Calmsden Farm Map

Post by FarmerNeen »

So a question for anyone who might know this part of the UK, does it snow in June? I just advanced to the next day and it's snowing which I thought was a bit odd?
By way great work by Oxygen David always delivers with his maps and I'm sure there be further updates to iron out issues that people are experiencing, Cheers.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

FarmerNeen wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:15 am So a question for anyone who might know this part of the UK, does it snow in June? I just advanced to the next day and it's snowing which I thought was a bit odd?
By way great work by Oxygen David always delivers with his maps and I'm sure there be further updates to iron out issues that people are experiencing, Cheers.
I'd say that is highly unlikely, I have seen some very strange weather on every map I have played so I'd say it is still an issue with the game.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:15 pm

But yea, O.D. really puts himself into his work and it always shows. I don't play on nearly enough of his maps as the fields are usually HUGE for someone wanting to rock a 50hp tractor or trailed harvester. His maps aren't for everyone and I am glad this one has all those tiny grass fields around the farm and a few smaller arable fields that aren't huge.. Imma work ALL that land right there... otherwise I already sold the big starter fields and deducted that money straight away.. I am gonna work those lil grass fields for animals and buy feed until I can afford my own harvester.
If you are looking for a UK map for smaller kit keep an eye out for Meadowgrove extended when Nathan get's it sorted. I was fortunate enough to be on a server with him in which we had access to his personal 19 version which was fantastic. Word of warning though he ain't the quickest when it comes to releasing as he has a busy real life.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

FRUNZY wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:49 am Hello, does anyone else have the problem with the gates in multiplayer? In the single player everything is normal only in the MP it moves the gates. They are moved, but can be opened.
I believe that is a known issue for the update.
sootysax

Post by sootysax »

is there anyway to edit the autodrive routes on the map? I'm finding that many of the sell point routes are 'unreachable' - also the AI makes some crazy choices and wind up either driving way out of the way instead of the obvious shortest route

thanks
CrustaShrimp

Post by CrustaShrimp »

Can anyone tell me what letters the registration plates in Clamsden would start with?
As I understand, the first two letters correspond to a region, the two numbers then correspond to a time, and the three ending letters are random?
Tva

Post by Tva »

You can edit routes with autodrive just like on any other map in edit mode but there are no default routes you need to make them yourself or download a file from someone else who did that. You are referring to the autodrive addon, right?
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

FarmerNeen wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:15 am So a question for anyone who might know this part of the UK, does it snow in June? I just advanced to the next day and it's snowing which I thought was a bit odd?

I remember in the past, it has snowed in May, although it is exceptional. UK gets very varied weather.
christian256

Post by christian256 »

Can anyone tell me what letters the registration plates in Calmsden would start with?
As I understand, the first two letters correspond to a region, the two numbers then correspond to a time, and the three ending letters are random?
I don't live in the area so this is guesswork. Calmsden isn't too far away from Oxford whic has a regional code from OA to OY. The middle numbers are when the vehicle was registered, 71 is the present number which runs from Sep 21 to Feb 22, hence all the vehicles in Farm sim for the UK are using 71( from Mar 22-Aug22 it will be 22) As you say the 3 letters at the end are random. So a Calmsden reg could be OA71ABC
christian256

Post by christian256 »

paul_c wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:55 pm

I remember in the past, it has snowed in May, although it is exceptional. UK gets very varied weather.
Records state the last snow reported in the UK was in 1975, so the chances of snow in June are indeed rare
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

christian256 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:12 am

Records state the last snow reported in the UK was in 1975, so the chances of snow in June are indeed rare
Ummmm......I don't think the records are the right ones you looked up! Where I live (Cheshire), it snowed about a month ago.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

christian256 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:08 am
Can anyone tell me what letters the registration plates in Calmsden would start with?
I don't live in the area so this is guesswork. Calmsden isn't too far away from Oxford whic has a regional code from OA to OY. The middle numbers are when the vehicle was registered, 71 is the present number which runs from Sep 21 to Feb 22, hence all the vehicles in Farm sim for the UK are using 71( from Mar 22-Aug22 it will be 22) As you say the 3 letters at the end are random. So a Calmsden reg could be OA71ABC
This might help https://www.newreg.co.uk/dvla-number-plate-identifiers/
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
christian256

Post by christian256 »

paul_c wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:50 am
christian256 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:12 am

Ummmm......I don't think the records are the right ones you looked up! Where I live (Cheshire), it snowed about a month ago.
My reply was in response to the OP comment...So a question for anyone who might know this part of the UK, does it snow in June?.....I didn't feel the need to specify the month because that was the subject matter.

And on a side note I know it snowed in Cheshire, as I live there
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

Well I'm 70:22 into this map and I'm overall liking it very much. The lack of sale points for some items is sticky but I just set my clothes to autosell so at least there's a workaround.

The sheep pasture is very nice looking but the animals do tend to move in 32 bit sometimes. Overall the map looks amazing and when I drive my JCB down the narrow roads I feel like I'm really in the UK.

Could you critique the map some? Sure but it's been a long time since I enjoyed a playthrough this much.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
nsp32

Post by nsp32 »

I spent 3 months playing Erlengrad(or however you spell it🙄)and made it my own,building my own farm from scratch.I’m loving Calmsden now,but I’ve had to start again as I messed up a building placement and forgot to turn auto save off before I did the placement🙄😂.A few bugs I’ve found so far.Number plates,Uk plates are yellow on the rear and white on the front but on the map they are yellow front and back.No pre 2001 uk style number plates.1 set of number plates display blue in equipment??.Can’t pick up a collectable behind a wall as the animal info/trigger point seems to span a whole wide area of fields and road.Lack of traffic.Woukd love to meet an AI car etc on some of the narrow lanes😂.A glitch with one of the buildings trying to walk in it or driving in it.But overall a nice map.My go to map on FS19(when I started on FS)was Oakfield.Loved the map and know the area well as I only live 30 mins away.I love playing the uk maps,and I think Oxygen David and Alien jim do some very nice maps.Can’t wait to see what comes later on from both of them.