Calmsden Farm Map

PrincessJessi84

Re: Calmsden Farm Map

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Tva wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:34 pm And the horses, still dont know how to feed them oats but I`ll try it some more.
I went thru and had a proper look. The horses take oats inside the shed like they should. If you have filled the trough with hay, there won't be any room for oats.
MaxDiesel wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:00 pm Thing is, i already own my own spinnery. Producing the wool from my sheeps. So, i can use the bales but it is "stealing". But as it might turn out this map aint fully FS22 compatible, i thi k i am going xml edit style.
After having a look and spawning some stuff in at the various sell points, it seems only a cotton sell point seems to be missing even tho listed. If I were to guess I would say it is setup how it was in 19 with seasons. He may not have set a sell point as cotton isn't grown there. Orrrrr I am just overthinking it and it's merely an oversite to be fixed in an update.

I am not going over the whole thread but if anyone would like my help checking something about the map, just get my attention and let me know what problem you are having and I would be happy to look at what I am able.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Tva

Post by Tva »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:46 pm
Tva wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:34 pm And the horses, still dont know how to feed them oats but I`ll try it some more.
I went thru and had a proper look. The horses take oats inside the shed like they should. If you have filled the trough with hay, there won't be any room for oats.
That was the problem, thank you. I filled with hay. Well, it seems like all of my small problems with the map were just user error glad I sorted them out. Now what I love about the map is the feeling of authenticity it gives. It always bothered me on default maps that you see no fences at the fields or at the farm. I`m sure farms dont have fences everywhere in regards to fields but to have all your stuff laying around on the side of the road doesnt feel right.
I looked around with streetview and i`m really amazed by the fact that it looks exactly right. I`m sure was a titanic work and to get this kind of quality for free, this is DLC standard hands down.
PrincessJessi84

Tva wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:00 pmI`m sure farms dont have fences everywhere in regards to fields but to have all your stuff laying around on the side of the road doesnt feel right.
I looked around with streetview and i`m really amazed by the fact that it looks exactly right. I`m sure was a titanic work and to get this kind of quality for free, this is DLC standard hands down.
I actually LOVE the fence system in 22 and made really good use with it on Elm Creek. Made some nice pastures and fenced in some grass. I found a mod for an open cow pasture and it works AMAZING and I can't wait to find some more open pastures for the other animals.

But yea, O.D. really puts himself into his work and it always shows. I don't play on nearly enough of his maps as the fields are usually HUGE for someone wanting to rock a 50hp tractor or trailed harvester. His maps aren't for everyone and I am glad this one has all those tiny grass fields around the farm and a few smaller arable fields that aren't huge.. Imma work ALL that land right there... otherwise I already sold the big starter fields and deducted that money straight away.. I am gonna work those lil grass fields for animals and buy feed until I can afford my own harvester.
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Did anyone try to build a new farm yard for bigger machineries?
If you did, please post some pictures or ideally video on youtube.
Would love to see that, because i am not fan of default yards and silo, way too tight/small.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Anyone else still having issues when installing the map, I'm trying on Xbox with the last 3 evenings and it gets to 100% and then just starts over again.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:43 pm Anyone else still having issues when installing the map, I'm trying on Xbox with the last 3 evenings and it gets to 100% and then just starts over again.
How long is it taking your download? I ask because I found that if my wireless was taking forever it would not fully install maps on 19. I'm talking 3 hours or so because speeds were slow. But if the network was moving or I went somewhere with better internet, I had zero issues
Lokken

Post by Lokken »

Why cant I get this map to install on PC? The download comes through as a "Maps" folder. Inside that folder is the FS22_Calmsden zip.
I tried putting the whole Maps folder in the mods folder.
I tried just putting the FS22_Calmsden zip in the mods folder.
Am I supposed to unzip this and put it in the data folder?
Googled, searched forums . I'm at the point of needing help .
Feirmeoir Eireannach

One hour to download which is a lot slower than usual for me, I'm on 98% again, will it wont it we'll see very soon lol
Feirmeoir Eireannach

fu** ing ****er of a thing did it again
PrincessJessi84

things that might help.. are you hardwired? have you given your console a full shutdown? I might also avoid high traffic times for downloading as their in-game modhub is pretty broken and their servers have been overwhelmed for a long time now. Pretty well crawls anytime a bunch of mods or anticipated map releases.
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Feirmeoir Eireannach

It's only this map though, any other mod I try installs fine, bit slower than usual but they fully install.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Strange.. I downloaded the map while basically looking at it and waiting for it to finish. It took a few seconds, but far less than a minute...
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

First glitch..I can't give the sheep water. 😔 I'm gonna keep trying.

Edit: found the trigger..it's hard to get too but doable
Last edited by Vfarms on Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
NueroticHippo

Post by NueroticHippo »

Vfarms wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:51 am First glitch..I can't give the sheep water. 😔 I'm gonna need trying.

Edit: found the trigger..it's hard to get too but doable
Where is it I can't find it
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

NueroticHippo wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:19 am
I had to drive the small white water trailer basically on top of it.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x