A few ideas for a future update

dan1109

Re: A few ideas for a future update

Post by dan1109 »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:13 am
dan1109 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:29 am
But most do see their parents drink it most every day, especially in France.

Unfortunately, Giants, a European company, is conforming to radical views on both the left and right side of American ideology. Frankly, I don't think in the rest of the world they would care about slaughterhouses and wine...its what some farmers do!! Its an undeniable truth that everyone except Americans seems to accept. That's one thing that we Americans especially as of late, as a whole people, have problems accepting....truth and reality.
You can get the E for everyone rating in the US with alcohol use, harvest moon has that rating. Also im not sure what part of the states you’re from but it’s pretty normal to see people drinking wine or beer around their children anywhere I’ve ever lived in the upper Midwest
from wiki concerning Harvest Moon:

"In the localized North American version, all references to alcohol are changed to "juice," even though anyone who drinks said "juice" clearly becomes intoxicated. "

So, maybe that's why the grapejuice is so pricey in FS, because its actually fine wine?? lol

It has been more relaxed over the decades, but from my 15 years of living around the world, the US has always had the largest problem with alcohol "'maturity" outside of Muslim ruled countries. I agree the standards are fairly outdated. Just look at the film industry.
Mushroom Farmer

Post by Mushroom Farmer »

Mwal wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:31 pm They really need to do an ip ban on farmboss
Not that it matters if you think I'm this Farmboss but I have no alts here.
There's magic in them there mushrooms

Nothing inspires confidence in a leader more than appearing in blackface repeatedly. Turdeau is truly 'progressive'.
amidr

Post by amidr »

There is a long list of things that would never happen in game due to the PEGI rating, and you happened to mention quite a few of them.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

dan1109 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:28 am

"In the localized North American version, all references to alcohol are changed to "juice," even though anyone who drinks said "juice" clearly becomes intoxicated. "

So, maybe that's why the grapejuice is so pricey in FS, because its actually fine wine?? lol

It has been more relaxed over the decades, but from my 15 years of living around the world, the US has always had the largest problem with alcohol "'maturity" outside of Muslim ruled countries. I agree the standards are fairly outdated. Just look at the film industry.
My kids have several versions of the game, it’s beer and wine in game. I have a feeling you lived in a dry county in the Bible Belt, I can assure you people drink quite normally or in the case of the upper Midwest very heavily. I travel for work and have no issue getting a drink anywhere I go. Sometimes I think people confuse the separation of it in restaurants and liquor stores as something more than what it is, a division of activities. I’m not even sure where this comes from, the biggest televised sporting event in our country is easily half beer commercials.
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:33 pm
dan1109 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:28 am

My kids have several versions of the game, it’s beer and wine in game. I have a feeling you lived in a dry county in the Bible Belt, I can assure you people drink quite normally or in the case of the upper Midwest very heavily. I travel for work and have no issue getting a drink anywhere I go. Sometimes I think people confuse the separation of it in restaurants and liquor stores as something more than what it is, a division of activities. I’m not even sure where this comes from, the biggest televised sporting event in our country is easily half beer commercials.
No, no bible belt...just trying to explain PEGI's outdated rules and relaying what I found on wiki about Harvest Moon. Perhaps that wiki is outdated. Just looked up the E rating definitions, ESRB is very similar to PEGI, however does not have alcohol references in the ratings. PEGI still does.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings-guide/

There certainly are some parents in this country certainly would not want a video game in which alcohol appeared, nor especially play a game where it can be imbibed and become intoxicated. This is not at all critical on your parenting. Alcohol still has some taboo remnants from the prohibition era.

I just found that PEGI is actually European however used by Console manufacturers as well (who also use ESRB). Interesting that one mentions alcohol and the other does not, and that PEGI is more conservative than ESRB in terms of alcohol. I ASSuME that Giants is aware of this but still wants to be PEGI-3 compliant for their PC version.

Perhaps this could be the first console only mod, wine for FS? lol
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Perhaps they are complying with the Pegi rating as they are a European company? No idea how this kind of thing works but that could explain it.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I vote for space aliens. I wonder why Giants haven't added disasters, yet. All we need is tornadoes, hurricanes, super volcanoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, droughts, locusts, weevils, on and on. What fun...NOT! 😂
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:53 pm I vote for space aliens. I wonder why Giants haven't added disasters, yet. All we need is tornadoes, hurricanes, super volcanoes, tsunamis, earthquakes, droughts, locusts, weevils, on and on. What fun...NOT! 😂
I certainly would like chances harsh weather occurrences that damage crops. Allowing you to harvest in the rain and snow with a bug yield penalty is great, but at times there is nothing farmers can do to prevent loss due to weather...and have to take it in the rear. PF will bring back differentiated yield based on soil quality, maybe some other features that can bring about a change to the current static yield rates.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

I would love to be able to pain a road with landscaping tool. Not like we have now, but a choice for painting that would put tire tracks and different looking shades to show use.....if that makes sense. I really just wish the roads made on Elmcreek can be used in the landscaping tools. (Gravel, dirt, etc)
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Paved roads with traffic lines down the middle would be nice.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

What I did actually like regarding roads, is that on my farm which I made on a converted field, I removed trees and painted in my own asphalt roads into and around my farm area and the workers when collecting and delivering followed the roads I had painted. I know there is no reason why they shouldn’t, but I was half expecting them to use the ‘official’ entrance to the field and find some weird way to the silo.
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

Paint options from FS 19, the gravel looked perfect when I did “tar & gravel” roads in Weastbridge Hills. Grass was better & pretty also.
Hunkyfarmer

Post by Hunkyfarmer »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:30 pm What I did actually like regarding roads, is that on my farm which I made on a converted field, I removed trees and painted in my own asphalt roads into and around my farm area and the workers when collecting and delivering followed the roads I had painted. I know there is no reason why they shouldn’t, but I was half expecting them to use the ‘official’ entrance to the field and find some weird way to the silo.
That's actually pretty impressive that they're programed to follow the asphalt texture.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Hunkyfarmer wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:48 am
Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:30 pm What I did actually like regarding roads, is that on my farm which I made on a converted field, I removed trees and painted in my own asphalt roads into and around my farm area and the workers when collecting and delivering followed the roads I had painted. I know there is no reason why they shouldn’t, but I was half expecting them to use the ‘official’ entrance to the field and find some weird way to the silo.
That's actually pretty impressive that they're programed to follow the asphalt texture.
That’s what I thought. I was expecting them to freak out when I wanted them to cut through a space where there should have been trees.
Mitts

Post by Mitts »

True story - When dining out one afternoon in South France we were told the restaurant didn't have a licence for selling alcohol.

However they still freely served wine with every meal.. the French don't really treat wine as alcohol.