Stuttering..still an issue.

tommo83

Re: Stuttering..still an issue.

Post by tommo83 »

as i only play fs i cant comment on other games. But surely you shouldn't have to drive around a map endlessly after making a few graphics adjustments to re build it or is that a normal thing for pc games ?
skenzer

Post by skenzer »

Unfortunately, this is normal for some reason for Farming simulator. I don't have to "rebuild shader cache" in any other game other than FS. I can change graphics settings till the cows come home in any other game without having to run around and rebuild shader cache.
Also, I get that stutter as well. It happens mostly when driving around but not always. I have tried so many different things to get it to go away with no luck. It's a quick stutter, just enough to notice.
I've tried clean driver install (DDU)
Various graphics settings both in game and Nvidia control panel
All the windows "tweaks" you can think of, LITERALLY
I've used Autoruns (which by the way is very good) to disable background processes, startup processes, etc
Overclock, no overclock.
Upscaling, DLSS, DLAA, TAA name it I've tried it.

Tomorrow, I try switching from a DP connection to HDMI....just for fun. Haven't tried that yet so why not?

My Specs:
Windows 11
RTX 3080 (522.25 Game Ready driver)
Ryzen 7 3700x
Gigabyte Aorus Elite
LG 27GP850B-B 1440p
32 GB Ram (XMP enabled) Tried disabling that as well, no luck
Game runs from an NVME RAID 0 SSD (tried running it from a standard SSD and an HDD)

It has to be the Giants engine. I haven't, nor do I need to, spend this much time to get a game to run without stutter. Only FS22,
FS19, FS17 and FS15 all run smooth like butta'

I may end up on medication over this
Farming since 2013
Chrisfarmingsnyman

Re: Stuttering and dx12 problems

Post by Chrisfarmingsnyman »

I have run fs22 on dx12 for 80 hours now through steam without any problems full settings and since yesterday i cant get Fs22 to run.I changed it to dx11 and now it works but i hate it dx11 stutters allot.Any advice please i have updated windows and everything trying u get it to run with dx12 again
skenzer

Post by skenzer »

Did you make any other changes to the PC? Update drivers, etc?

1) Verify game files in Steam. Right click on the game, go to Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity of Game Files
2) Try reinstalling the game.
3) Try renaming your Game.xml file to something like Game.bak and let the game rebuild that file. It's typically located in C:\Users\your username\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2022
4) If you have a system with dual graphics, make sure the game is using the correct graphics card. Some laptops for instance have both embedded Intel and Nvidia graphics, the game should be using the Nvidia graphics card.
5) You can also reinstall DirectX using the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer available in the Microsoft Download Center to try and restore missing files, if any.
6) I believe you can add a launch option to the game in Steam to force DX12. Right click on the game and go to Properties. Under General you will see Launch Options. Type in "-dx12" without the quotes.

And then there's the typical stuff:
Reboot system
Update graphics drivers
Windows Update
SFC Scan
etc

Let us know how things go
Farming since 2013
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

I have a 4090 13900K and get large stutters every few minutes. Never happened in 17 or 19.
PC: 9600k/1080ti
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

I have no idea why I have no stuttering at all, using Xbox One, purchased 2015. if new gen are having stuttering problems, I’ll deal with the slot limitations of Xbox One for a while longer, especially this one.
Richard Dower

Post by Richard Dower »

Stuttering STILL a problem, even though the shader cache has completed it's thing....i still get bad stuttering on the new Plantinum DLC map.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

Farming sim is the only game that has this stuttering! And this is Farming Simulator version 8.8.2.0. Most competent developers with basic knowledge solve this problem by the time their game reaches version 1.1.0.0.
SimulatedFarmer

I was wondering what farming game s better.
skenzer

Post by skenzer »

Rbk_3 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:15 am I have a 4090 13900K and get large stutters every few minutes. Never happened in 17 or 19.
Have you checked to see if you have any background apps running while playing? It sounds like something is doing something on a regular basis. Like maybe Onedrive or Dropbox trying to sync? I would try disabling everything you can in Task Manager>Startup and reboot. See if that helps.
Also, try out an app called Autoruns. You can find it easily by googling. It will list all services and background apps running and lets you disable them on the fly. Check out youtube for videos on how to use it, it's pretty simple.
Let us know if you have any luck
b
Farming since 2013
skenzer

Post by skenzer »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:00 pm I was wondering what farming game s better.
For me, there isn't one. But "better" is subjective so others may have another opinion. I've played a couple of other farm sim games like Cattle and Crops, Farming Dynasty, etc but they all have their flaws IMHO
b
Farming since 2013
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Other games also rebuild shaders every time they update but it usually happens in the background during loading, unnoticed. Most games just do it a bit different. Apex Legends for example, rebuilds the shaders after an update as soon as the game launches and it tells you as much.

As for the stuttering, certain mods will cause it and they don't stick around but otherwise I am still churning out solid frames on really high settings on a high resolution monitor. Before the update I was running close to 1000 mods with solid frames. I cleaned it out tho for the update as I knew a lot of the mods wouldn't be updated anytime soon and I wanted to go back to basics a bit anyway.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
SimulatedFarmer

skenzer wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:30 am
SimulatedFarmer wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:00 pm I was wondering what farming game s better.
For me, there isn't one. But "better" is subjective so others may have another opinion. I've played a couple of other farm sim games like Cattle and Crops, Farming Dynasty, etc but they all have their flaws IMHO
b
I agree. I like being able to improve on existing buildings with dynamic buildings, but the rest of the gameplay isn’t as good. For me, this is it, errant gripes from my typing fingers notwithstanding.
crash

Post by crash »

Try locking you visual month.. it can even be in the month you are in atm..
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway