Stuttering..still an issue.

famerbob

Re: Stuttering..still an issue.

Post by famerbob »

yep I`m getting a stutter every 60 secs without fail even standing still face the floor and wait still does it no matter what i do on both pcs both monitors in dev mode at 144fps still the same been trying to get this right since release day. i have plenty of GPU RAM and CPU power pc even was returned to base to check for faults nothing.
famerbob

Post by famerbob »

BreadedVirus wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:51 am Still having to deal with stuttering which leads to massive frame rate drops.

No other game I play as an issue. Tried base game no mods and still does it. Checked the log and there is nothing there to suggest a problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled but still issues. Tried low settings and very high settings but no difference.

Looked in Task Manager and the GPU usage is fluctuating when the stuttering happens.

It’s to the point where I can’t even play the game.

3070ti, 48GB 3200mhz RAM paired with a 5800x on W11

Any help appreciated.
is there any way i can message you i have similar problems with similar spec had some success with certain settings but the issue does still remain in part
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

famerbob wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:46 pm
BreadedVirus wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:51 am Still having to deal with stuttering which leads to massive frame rate drops.

No other game I play as an issue. Tried base game no mods and still does it. Checked the log and there is nothing there to suggest a problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled but still issues. Tried low settings and very high settings but no difference.

Looked in Task Manager and the GPU usage is fluctuating when the stuttering happens.

It’s to the point where I can’t even play the game.

3070ti, 48GB 3200mhz RAM paired with a 5800x on W11

Any help appreciated.
is there any way i can message you i have similar problems with similar spec had some success with certain settings but the issue does still remain in part
Yeah sure send me a message. I think i have private messaging on.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Werries

Post by Werries »

Hi. Did you check the settings I posted? Did it help? I have zero stutter, even on my own unoptimised 16x map
Werries

Post by Werries »

I did experience some stutter yesterday evening though. But I uploaded one of the ingame maps that still dated to before the Dec patch. The stutter was due to missing elements in the game placeables and lua. But doubt this is what you are seeing. A timed stutter is usually something that is doing an intensive search on set intervals. Like updating growth state...

Just of note... the ingame maps were updated in Dec. So your savegame needed to be remade as well. The updated maps have not the same recuring stutter i had last night.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

@BreadedVirus - are you having any disk/file activity when the stuttering is happening? I had an issue with an anti-malware task running every few minutes that clobbered FS19.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
famerbob

Post by famerbob »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:06 am @BreadedVirus - are you having any disk/file activity when the stuttering is happening? I had an issue with an anti-malware task running every few minutes that clobbered FS19.
I`ve had non at all I`ve removed the anti virus re installed windows turned the wifi off its the only game that does it that I play.
Werries

Post by Werries »

@farmerbob, I presume you have the latest graphics card drivers? Running of an SSD? Memmory is not full or CPU pushed to 85%+ or heating up? Game uses a lot of resources and need quite a bit of optimisation, but I have two PCs one 3 years older and both runs fine.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Werries wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:42 am Hi. Did you check the settings I posted? Did it help? I have zero stutter, even on my own unoptimised 16x map
I have a feeling it was OneDrive that was the problem. It was syncing files continuously. Signed out of it and the issue has gone.

:hmm:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:13 pm
Werries wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:42 am Hi. Did you check the settings I posted? Did it help? I have zero stutter, even on my own unoptimised 16x map
I have a feeling it was OneDrive that was the problem. It was syncing files continuously. Signed out of it and the issue has gone.

Did I just see you on Oxy's FB hub? :D

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:49 pm

You sure did…💪
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

BreadedVirus wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:33 pm
blue_painted wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:49 pm

You sure did…💪
Glad it's sorted - for you at least! :)

Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

I notice the stuttering to. (only when the game engine has to handle different tasks as once.)

Iam using this system:

R7 5800x
X470 motherboard
64GB DDR4 3600Mhz CL 16
ADATA SX8200 pro 512GB ssd M.2 (where mods are installed)
Samsung evo 860 1TB ssd (where game is installed)
AMD RX6700 XT 12GB
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:10 am

The other thing that makes me think Vsync isn't properly set up yet is that I get tearing in FS22 without Vsync enabled, but I didn't when the game was first released and I've never had it on any of the previous FS games with the same settings (or as close as I can get to them). For me turning Vsync on results in a pretty severe performance drop, again suggesting Vsync or Adaptive Sync isn't working (or working as it should).

Clearly this is something GIANTS ought to be aware of and are hopefully trying to sort out right now.

Just to chime in late to this thread. Vsync definitely seems like its the issue for me. I can get glorious visuals with everything maxed out in 4K with my RTX3080. Its super smooth with Vsync disabled but the screen tearing is very noticeable. With Vsync enabled there's no screen tearing but the FPS pretty much halves. I've got a 60Hz 4K monitor.

I hope Giants can sort this out.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I'm on PC and I have console enabled.
It seems in my stuttering situation, that I get a "stutter", I'll open the console and it'll show that an NPC or form of wildlife has spawned.
I also get a steady fluctuation between 57 to 60 fps most of the time, whether I'm on a vanilla or mod map.