Stuttering..still an issue.

BreadedVirus

Stuttering..still an issue.

Post by BreadedVirus »

Still having to deal with stuttering which leads to massive frame rate drops.

No other game I play as an issue. Tried base game no mods and still does it. Checked the log and there is nothing there to suggest a problem. Uninstalled and reinstalled but still issues. Tried low settings and very high settings but no difference.

Looked in Task Manager and the GPU usage is fluctuating when the stuttering happens.

It’s to the point where I can’t even play the game.

3070ti, 48GB 3200mhz RAM paired with a 5800x on W11

Any help appreciated.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
Werries

Re: Stuttering..still an issue.

Post by Werries »

Screen resolution for the game set as the same as your desktop?
Updated graphics card and set it for performance ? I have a similar setup to yours maybe just smaller 3060ti but have no stutter at full HD resolution.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

On Xbox Series happens the same, so in my opinion it's an engine problem. Some people where suggesting 120hz framerate, but I don't have a 120hz screen. I also saw footage from playstation 5 with stutters.

For Xbox they promised before the first patch: fixed in next patch. Actually they didn't fix it. For me it's now back to FS17, still better then FS19.
Amarlich

Post by Amarlich »

I can confirm. I'm on PS5 and the overall framerate atrocious. Its way below 30. I can't play more than an hour continuously before starting to feel dizzy *thumbsdown*
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Werries wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:29 am Screen resolution for the game set as the same as your desktop?
Updated graphics card and set it for performance ? I have a similar setup to yours maybe just smaller 3060ti but have no stutter at full HD resolution.
Could you post you in game graphic settings so I can use them?

Screen resolution is same as for both game and monitor.

Where do I set GPU to performance?
the big print giveth the small print taketh
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

I am still thinking it has to be a TV Hz issue. My TV runs at 120hz and I have no issues with stuttering even with 2 hired workers and me driving around in my yard. On console especially, you'd assume engine problems would be more widespread with everyone on console experiencing it?

Again, that's an assumption.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

My game stutters a lot as well... but some of that stutter is my fault because of my hardware and how I have it set up.

1) I have an old NVidia Graphics card ...which maxes as 60 FPS. AMD cards allow for 75 FPS. (vs my monitor)

2) I use a monitor instead of a TV (which is a good thing) but then I downgrade that by using a USB Cable rather than an HDMI cable. USB cables are mono... and have a single strand of flow for data. HDMI cables can transfer data from your graphic's card to your monitor/TV at a much faster, and smoother pace... allowing for better FPS.

FS22 is the only game so far that taxes the card to the point of stuttering.

For PC users.
If the game is stuttering for you... you need to know the following hardware...

1) Nvidia, or AMD Graphics Card.
2) Monitor, or TV.
3) USB, or HDMI Cable.

ETA:
Congrats on being one of the first people to own the new 3070ti graphics card.
https://www.tomsguide.com/news/nvidia-g ... 70-ti-16gb
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

BreadedVirus wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:51 am Still having to deal with stuttering which leads to massive frame rate drops.
The stuttering ARE the frame drops.
Ignorance is bliss
chale8

Post by chale8 »

adammac5858 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:05 pm I am still thinking it has to be a TV Hz issue. My TV runs at 120hz and I have no issues with stuttering even with 2 hired workers and me driving around in my yard. On console especially, you'd assume engine problems would be more widespread with everyone on console experiencing it?

Again, that's an assumption.
If the game requires a 120hz TV to display properly that’s a game issue.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

TV, optimization, engine........either way, hopefully they update it for you all soon.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
Mafredr

Post by Mafredr »

I have stuttering to.
Xbox Series X
Bocephus80

Post by Bocephus80 »

Stuttering. PS4Pro.
PS4Pro
cross94

Post by cross94 »

Same issue on Ps4 here aswell
Werries

Post by Werries »

BreadedVirus wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:31 pm
Werries wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:29 am Screen resolution for the game set as the same as your desktop?
Could you post you in game graphic settings so I can use them?

Screen resolution is same as for both game and monitor.

Where do I set GPU to performance?
GPU performance --> right click on your desktop and select Nvidea control pannel, the top adjusment should be 3d Settings. I have mine set to let the 3D application decide, but you can change that below for performance instead of quality.
As for the ingame settings under graphics:
Set to
1. verry high
2. 1920:1080
3. Vsync on
4. fullscreen
5. resolution 100%
6. Brightness 1.0
7. Field of view 75%
8. hud 100%
9. camera bobbing on

under advanced settings
1. Profile very high
2. multisampling off
3. post process... TAA
4. DLSS off
5. super ress off
6. shadow very high
7. shadow distance high
8. SSAO very high
9. light very high
10. object draw 130%
11.terain LOD 200%
12.3D 100%
13. mirrorrs 4
14. texture Aniso 4x
15. shadow map high
16. Terain quality very high
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If a high FPS screen fixes the issue, as I've seen numerous claims of, then to me it suggests an issue with the Vsync configuration of the game. Without Adaptive Sync (which previous FS games have and I assume FS22 should too) Vsync will half the FPS if it dips below certain values (which can vary from system to system, even with consoles, as it is determined by values provided by the screen).

The other thing that makes me think Vsync isn't properly set up yet is that I get tearing in FS22 without Vsync enabled, but I didn't when the game was first released and I've never had it on any of the previous FS games with the same settings (or as close as I can get to them). For me turning Vsync on results in a pretty severe performance drop, again suggesting Vsync or Adaptive Sync isn't working (or working as it should).

Mafredr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:46 pm I have stuttering to.
Xbox Series X
From what I've seen it sounds like it's particularly nasty or common on Xbox Series S and X, but it's not exclusive to them.

I don't have any realy stuttering on PC, but I know others on PC who say that it appears to rebuild shaders (with the associated stuttering) every-time they load the game since the 1.2 patch.

Clearly this is something GIANTS ought to be aware of and are hopefully trying to sort out right now.