Missing features

rmab79

Missing features

Post by rmab79 »

This is my list of missing features that, IMHO, should be in the base game:
1. GPS or guidance steering, yes I know that modules cover that, but only in PC and it should be in the base game, maybe the release of the future Precision DLC for FS22 is a the place for include it.
2. Change how production chain buildings works in "Storing", the buildings should have a load area (as the new manure silos) where park the trailer and autoload it. Bread boxes under the rain.... This could be another output method for keep providing to people that like working with forklift the posibility of load pallets. This could be extended also for animal buildings (eggs under the rain again...)
3. Include the animals in production chains, adding the posibility of delivering directly the milk, eggs or wool
Bobble2020

Re: Missing features

Post by Bobble2020 »

not quite sure why everyone screams for GPS , to me its not hard to drive in a straight line , For those that want it then it would be a good addition

I am enjoying loading the pallets from my greenhouses and taking them to sell as i do not have any factories just yet
Trying hard to getting used to only being able to have one crop per field each year

One thing i would love to see is the ability to pick up buildings and move them round or silo's etc after having placed them or moving them to a new area
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

O would like at least an option to fine tune placement of buildings and objects after buying them. The pre placement views are not the best and it's frustrating not to be able to tweak a bit.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

With GPS and autoloading trailers............what is left to do?
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

Bobble2020 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:26 pm not quite sure why everyone screams for GPS , to me its not hard to drive in a straight line , For those that want it then it would be a good addition
paul_c wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:36 am With GPS and autoloading trailers............what is left to do?
I’ll give you that auto-loading trailers are kind of a crutch. But GPS isn’t just about driving in a straight line; it’s about keeping track of overlap for efficiency and avoiding wasting product. In particular, spraying and fertilizing can be particularly frustrating because (as in real life) it can be rather difficult to tell where you have already worked and your working width. Steering guidance with GPS makes those challenges a non-issue.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

parad0x177 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:28 pm But GPS isn’t just about driving in a straight line; it’s about keeping track of overlap for efficiency and avoiding wasting product. In particular, spraying and fertilizing can be particularly frustrating because (as in real life) it can be rather difficult to tell where you have already worked and your working width. Steering guidance with GPS makes those challenges a non-issue.
Its possible to do this using the default maps's info (coordinates and heading). For example on a rectangular field aligned north-south, you

1) Decide which directions (N-S or E-W) you'll drive
2) 'Survey' the field to find the edges
3) Knowing the spray width of your sprayer, calculate the paths you'll take at max width. (Personally I always aim for a max-width on each side of the field, so the boom isn't overhanging and could catch on trees etc but obviously some fields just overlap other fields).
4) Work out the "odd" strip in the middle, knowing the edges of the adjacent strips

For example:
(Field 21, Erlengrat)

1 You'll be driving E-W and W-E on this one
2 northerly of 1026-1114
3 width=24m max. So....
centre 1038, drive at 90deg (or 270deg) spraying at width 24m
centre 1062, width 24m. Edge of this pass will be 1074
centre 1102, width 24m. Edge of this pass will be 1090
4 the "odd" strip has centre 1082 and is 16m wide. So, spray 18m on this pass

Summary:
Field 21
c1038 w24
c1062 w24
c1082 w18
c1102 w24

I have kept a little note of all the fields I've done on Erlengrat and if a contract arises for one of these, I just look at my previous calculations/notes. I can now do any field in the dark, from the cab (no birds eye view), fert or herbicide.

It also helps to keep track and tick off the passes as you do them, if you need to break off to go to the shop to refill, you can come straight back to complete the job without needing to re-evaluate the fert/weeds on foot (or off the map).
parad0x177

Post by parad0x177 »

paul_c wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:51 pm Its possible to do this using the default maps's info (coordinates and heading)…
Agreed; that will work. I wasn’t trying to imply that it wasn’t possible to overcome the challenge.

But, that approach does take quite a bit of fiddling and figuring that can add a level of frustration/irritation that takes some of the relaxation out of the game for me (and probably others). And, that being the case, it is particularly appealing to some (me included) to be able to mimic in the game the modern, real-world technology (steering guidance) that relieves some of that challenge.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Ok no worries - I didn't realise it was frustrating/irritating to some. Does the birds eye view help? I used to do it that way, you can clearly see treated/untreated weeds and if you do it the right time of day, from the right angle, the "wet" appearance of a sprayed (with liquid fert) field is clear to see. That way, you can follow the previous edge quite nicely. Although of course, there is always going to be a little bit of wastage/overlap unless you use a more accurate technique.

There are some fields which NEED a visual to spray them, or while a "plan" is possible, its quite complicated to execute. Things like curves, ovals and triangular sections.
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

It might help if the display screens in the tractors actually displayed useful information. but copy pasting the code for the RPM was probably just easier.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

A two minute timer to pick up and move a placeable would be awesome, then you could run around it and make sure everything is ok without making it to easy to move things that shouldn’t be move for realism’s sake
NDDan

Post by NDDan »

Mwal wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:37 am A two minute timer to pick up and move a placeable would be awesome, then you could run around it and make sure everything is ok without making it to easy to move things that shouldn’t be move for realism’s sake
I like that idea.
There’s no place like utopia.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

NDDan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:54 am
Mwal wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:37 am A two minute timer to pick up and move a placeable would be awesome, then you could run around it and make sure everything is ok without making it to easy to move things that shouldn’t be move for realism’s sake
I like that idea.
Me too

(That's a "me too" in a good way)
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
chale8

Post by chale8 »

paul_c wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:51 pm
parad0x177 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:28 pm But GPS isn’t just about driving in a straight line; it’s about keeping track of overlap for efficiency and avoiding wasting product. In particular, spraying and fertilizing can be particularly frustrating because (as in real life) it can be rather difficult to tell where you have already worked and your working width. Steering guidance with GPS makes those challenges a non-issue.
Its possible to do this using the default maps's info (coordinates and heading). For example on a rectangular field aligned north-south, you

1) Decide which directions (N-S or E-W) you'll drive
2) 'Survey' the field to find the edges
3) Knowing the spray width of your sprayer, calculate the paths you'll take at max width. (Personally I always aim for a max-width on each side of the field, so the boom isn't overhanging and could catch on trees etc but obviously some fields just overlap other fields).
4) Work out the "odd" strip in the middle, knowing the edges of the adjacent strips

For example:
(Field 21, Erlengrat)

1 You'll be driving E-W and W-E on this one
2 northerly of 1026-1114
3 width=24m max. So....
centre 1038, drive at 90deg (or 270deg) spraying at width 24m
centre 1062, width 24m. Edge of this pass will be 1074
centre 1102, width 24m. Edge of this pass will be 1090
4 the "odd" strip has centre 1082 and is 16m wide. So, spray 18m on this pass

Summary:
Field 21
c1038 w24
c1062 w24
c1082 w18
c1102 w24

I have kept a little note of all the fields I've done on Erlengrat and if a contract arises for one of these, I just look at my previous calculations/notes. I can now do any field in the dark, from the cab (no birds eye view), fert or herbicide.

It also helps to keep track and tick off the passes as you do them, if you need to break off to go to the shop to refill, you can come straight back to complete the job without needing to re-evaluate the fert/weeds on foot (or off the map).
I’m kicking myself that I never thought of doing this!
Hunkyfarmer

Post by Hunkyfarmer »

You're a dedicated farmer.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Hunkyfarmer wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:38 pm You're a dedicated farmer.
You're consistent