Many non-working mods from modhub

michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

I thought that downloading the mods from the official giants website was a guarantee of quality instead many mods don't work, they generate errors in the log. the last 2 Ponge packets, log error, ManTanker does not appear in the store
Ps4farmer

Re: Many non-working mods from modhub

Post by Ps4farmer »

Also ingame when you are buying stuff the game can crash.
I don’t know if this has something to do with mods but I had not this issue before the mods came.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

michele1048 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:46 pm Many non-working mods from modhub
I thought that downloading the mods from the official giants website was a guarantee of quality instead many mods don't work, they generate errors in the log. the last 2 Ponge packets, log error, ManTanker does not appear in the store
"guarantee of quality" is not a phrase that can be associated with their testers. The last few game releases have shown us that.
Last edited by DEERE318 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

Being on the Modhub does not guarantee there won't' be conflicts with other mods.

It may be a long shot, but have you tried turning all other mods off but one of the ones you are having a problem with to see if that makes a difference?
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I've noticed an unusually high number of mods getting through testing with warnings. Not outright "red" errors, but "yellow" warnings. It seems that their testing policy allows some of these through. Unfortunately, I've also observed bugs with some mods, including GIANTS own models - bugs that should have come up in testing, as I caught them within minutes of testing them out myself.
Eische

Post by Eische »

michele1048 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:46 pm Many non-working mods from modhub
That seems to be a problem on your end.
I have quite a few mods in my folder and zero warnings or errors.

The MAN tanker can be found under animal care.
No Ponge equipment I tested so far created any errors.

Giants does not test mods for compatibility with other mods. Especially with mods influencing many machines (VCA/CP/AutoDrive) you can get errors/warnings, if machines are not modded accordingly.

If you observe errors, report them here:
viewforum.php?f=966
Don't forget to attach your log file and a decent description of which machine is used.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

hello it's my mistake, I was looking for it in the truck sector while it is in the animal vehicles sector
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Eische wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:28 pm
Giants does not test mods for compatibility with other mods. Especially with mods influencing many machines (VCA/CP/AutoDrive) you can get errors/warnings, if machines are not modded accordingly.
[/quote]

I think that's probably correct because I don't see problems with mods on console.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

It says right in the modhub that mods posted there may cause issues or conflicts and use at your own risk basically.
JvvW

Post by JvvW »

PS4, FS22. If I purchase the trailer dollie from the shop with any trailer mod already loaded, FS22 will crash when exiting the shop. Tried more than once and got the same crash each time and yes I reported it. I did also try loading game with no mods. Purchased dollie, saved game. Then reloaded game with mods enabled. FS22 loaded but with no mods showing up at all! Never recovered no matter what I tried. Ended up starting over on a new game save. FS19 never crashed on my PS4 with years of mods loaded. FS22 does not seem stable, at all. Still play several times a week, but very careful adding more mods again.