Repair Costs

OrcaAmity

Repair Costs

Post by OrcaAmity »

Why are the repair costs so expensive? I bought the Claas Axion 920 tractor at 325hp and it costs $55,000 to repair and it needs repairing very often. It seems the more expensive the tractors are the more expensive the repair costs are. So far with my tractor I've spent nearly half a million on repair bills. It's bad enough the repairs are so expensive but needing to make repairs so often is taking the major liberty.

I'm enjoying the game a lot more now and getting somewhere but I hate the costs of these repair bills. Just when I have enough to buy another field, I have another repair to make on my tractor and it leaves me short on money for my other field. I know I can still use my tractor when it needs repairs but it loses half the speed when planting and uses more seeds because the job taking longer and when I have a helper working it costs me more on a wage for a planting job.
adammac5858

Re: Repair Costs

Post by adammac5858 »

I'm not big on cheating money into my save games. I have one where I cheat and have huge equipment and fields, and another where I play as realistic as I can, loans and no subsidy signs.

Even on the realistic game saves I put down a cell tower and a small wind generator to help offset the ridiculous repair cost. If it cost you $55,000 to repair, find a way to generate $48-50,000 to keep your repair cost around $5-7,000. Best option for now imho.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

It's cheaper to repair it 10 times in 10 hours of work, instead of repairing once after 10 hours of work. Just a little hint. *thumbsup*
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
lawm

Post by lawm »

JensChrDK wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:25 pm It's cheaper to repair it 10 times in 10 hours of work, instead of repairing once after 10 hours of work. Just a little hint. *thumbsup*
So basically I need to remember to maintain after each task lol
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

lawm wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:05 pm
JensChrDK wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:25 pm It's cheaper to repair it 10 times in 10 hours of work, instead of repairing once after 10 hours of work. Just a little hint. *thumbsup*
So basically I need to remember to maintain after each task lol
That is the cheapest way of doing it :biggrin2:
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
lawm

Post by lawm »

Beats waiting until the bar is drained....semi more realistic I'd suppose
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I generally will repair the things I am using once a day. Also I am guessing that the OP has bought a used tractor, so depending on the age when bought will also contribute to the repair costs. If I remember from another post, the older the item gets, the more often it needs to be repaired.

Definitely worth taking into account the age/hours worked of the item you are buying. I have seen second hand tractors with anything from 20 to 40+ hours on them.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

That it costs $55,000 to repair and needs it often, is your interpretation or way you're playing. There is no time period where it says after which you must repair, but the older/higher hours a piece of equipment is, the faster it will degrade. And the repair cost is a function of purchase price and condition - repair frequently, or a cheaper piece of equipment, costs less. Its an exponential rise with degradation too - meaning, very frequent repairs will be small and be less overall than waiting for it to drop right down.

Also, since the only penalty to poor maintenance is slower working/less power/more fuel usage, there are some items where they can't be affected by those factors, for example trailers and loaders/attachments basically never need repairing. So you can save a bit of money there.
Phi258

Post by Phi258 »

I assume at those prices you're speaking of both repair and repaint. You don't need to bother repainting, it has no effect and is almost not noticeable too. The only time you need to repaint is when you're about to sell the tractor as you get a few grand extra on the 2nd selling fee