Mowing/Silage contracts?

NotoriousWeber

Mowing/Silage contracts?

Post by NotoriousWeber »

I'm playing on Elmcreek, and I'm like..4 years into my game save. I did mowing contracts on essentially all the AI grass fields in my first year. Since then, those fields have been stuck in the 1st growth stage. Fields 71, 13, 15,16, 17, 18, 19,

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I missing something that allows those fields to continue to grow to hopefully get some more mowing contracts? Or is this a bug that I should report?
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
deerefarm

Re: Mowing/Silage contracts?

Post by deerefarm »

I've had the same problem and filed a bug report with Giant's. Do the same BTW. I had enough money built up on my farm from doing other contracts and selling stuff that I could afford to buy the fields one by one and then resell them. I used the field care grass roller on the offending fields and it reset them to the growing stage. Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest except file the bug report and wait for then next patch.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

NotoriousWeber wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm I'm playing on Elmcreek, and I'm like..4 years into my game save. I did mowing contracts on essentially all the AI grass fields in my first year. Since then, those fields have been stuck in the 1st growth stage. Fields 71, 13, 15,16, 17, 18, 19,

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I missing something that allows those fields to continue to grow to hopefully get some more mowing contracts? Or is this a bug that I should report?
i watch someone stream and he had said something about a mowing bug where you would get a contract to mow/bail a feild once and then nothing after. maybe the grass not growing back is the bug which would say why no more contracts after the first.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

ace54858 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:16 pm
NotoriousWeber wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm I'm playing on Elmcreek, and I'm like..4 years into my game save. I did mowing contracts on essentially all the AI grass fields in my first year. Since then, those fields have been stuck in the 1st growth stage. Fields 71, 13, 15,16, 17, 18, 19,

i watch someone stream and he had said something about a mowing bug where you would get a contract to mow/bail a feild once and then nothing after. maybe the grass not growing back is the bug which would say why no more contracts after the first.
Yes it's definitely a bug. After I rolled the field and the grass re-grew I had another contract to mow/bale a couple months after.

Definitely fill out a bug report, as I just checked the status of mine and it's not even been assigned yet. The more bug reports the higher the priority will be to fix it.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
Phi258

Post by Phi258 »

I've encountered the same, all grass field owned by AI has stopped growing. They were good money too, shame it bugged out.

One other thing I've noticed is that when you use the grass landscape paint tool, it doesn't grow. I seem to recall on fs19 it would grow. It just continues looking like a freshly mowed layer on 22
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Phi258 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:27 pm I've encountered the same, all grass field owned by AI has stopped growing. They were good money too, shame it bugged out.

One other thing I've noticed is that when you use the grass landscape paint tool, it doesn't grow. I seem to recall on fs19 it would grow. It just continues looking like a freshly mowed layer on 22
Instead of paint, use plants, select meadow. That is proper grass.
Phi258

Post by Phi258 »

Seedy wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:11 pm
Phi258 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:27 pm I've encountered the same, all grass field owned by AI has stopped growing. They were good money too, shame it bugged out.

Instead of paint, use plants, select meadow. That is proper grass.
Ah, nice one. Thank you!
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Phi258 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:27 pm One other thing I've noticed is that when you use the grass landscape paint tool, it doesn't grow. I seem to recall on fs19 it would grow. It just continues looking like a freshly mowed layer on 22
i think in fs19 at first the painted grass didn't grow thay changed it so it would in an update if i rememeber right.