American maps for console

Bobbydj1980

American maps for console

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

Does anybody know if any American maps are in the works for console I see a bunch for PC it's kinda crazy console can't get good stuff too
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
lawm

Re: American maps for console

Post by lawm »

I'm sure they are, but I'd take your time with Elmcreek....might be awhile.
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

lawm wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:51 am I'm sure they are, but I'd take your time with Elmcreek....might be awhile.
I've got over 100 hours on elm Creek starting to get bored of it
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, just keep in mind, every mod have to first go trough pc testing, before moving on to testing for consoles. And, not every modder will take on the extra work to get a console release.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Maps take ages to make
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Bobbydj1980 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:36 am it's kinda crazy console can't get good stuff too
The game is less than 2 months old. :gamer:
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

A couple of things also to consider is a lot of US maps are 4x meaning they don't currently go on console unless anything has changed and not many mappers who do US style maps go through modhub for whatever reason as we have always had a lot of US maps available on PC from external sites.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

US maps don't translate well to console because console maps are too small and limiting. You need a small town or farming community and acres upon acres upon acres full of corn fields or other crops.

You also need a complex road and highway system. Finally you need that almost sterile looking industrial farmyard where the barns have been replaced with huge buildings for storing mammoth equipment and lots of it. Don't forget the positively giant silo complexes. It sounds amazing and utterly impossible on console. If you try to scale it down it just won't look like the US anymore.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

Vfarms wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:33 am US maps don't translate well to console because console maps are too small and limiting. You need a small town or farming community and acres upon acres upon acres full of corn fields or other crops.

You also need a complex road and highway system. Finally you need that almost sterile looking industrial farmyard where the barns have been replaced with huge buildings for storing mammoth equipment and lots of it. Don't forget the positively giant silo complexes. It sounds amazing and utterly impossible on console. If you try to scale it down it just won't look like the US anymore.
Depends on where in the US you are looking at, but certainly true for many locations.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:19 am A couple of things also to consider is a lot of US maps are 4x meaning they don't currently go on console unless anything has changed
My problem with the 4x maps for console was the only time I've seen someone try to get one onto console was way back in the early days of fs17. It's been two whole games and a lot of time since then but for some reason people still think it is impossible, I have no doubt in my mind that new consoles could easily handle a 4x map.

IIRC the only thing keeping that 4x map from coming to consoles in fs17 was there was a single error that the modder nor giants could figure out. Now maybe if giants would have looked a little harder and prepped fs19 with that in mind, fs19 on consoles could've had 4x maps too. But now we're on fs22 and they still haven't figured it out, or at least not that we've heard of.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

There was one that passed in fs19, but the user couldn't save their game.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

ctb123 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:35 pm
True
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:25 am There was one that passed in fs19, but the user couldn't save their game.
You beat me to it, I think if I remember correctly it was a Polish Map.
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

Lancyboi is converting his Stone Valley to FS22.
Dale Kieser

Post by Dale Kieser »

Bersson wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:45 am Lancyboi is converting his Stone Valley to FS22.
love Stone Valley.