How to get the useless silos in ElmCreek to hold crops

SimpleFarmer

How to get the useless silos in ElmCreek to hold crops

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I bought the farm that's pictured on the welcome screen of ElmCreek with the beautiful but useless barn and silos. I am determined to work around the stupid buildings (why Giants can't just make them useable is so negligent imo - it seems to make the map almost unplayable to me).
I placed a sleep trigger on the steps of the house, but I want to make the silos work too. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried just placing silos inside of the useless ones, but they stick out above it and ruin the effect.
I'm thinking to somehow grab the trigger and capacity of one of the placeable silos, turn it into a "mod" and put it at the bottom of these ones.
JensChrDK

Re: How to get the useless silos in ElmCreek to hold crops

Post by JensChrDK »

I have no idea how to make that work - but if you succeed I'm pretty sure there is a whole community that will cheer for you!!
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Making them decoration only on release was poor especially as it was on the welcome screen then to still not alter that on the patch and only make them removable was a very poor solution *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*
Werries

Post by Werries »

I guess, adding a few Silo triggers and loading offloading stations is possible. The buildings even in the mods you download is all just decoration, but the triggers adds some function so you can interact with them.
I am also playing around with exactly the same scenario you are sketching for my own (personal edit) of the elmcreek map that I have changed to 16x. There is so much real estate on the map just for Decoration, so starting to edit them (adding parking place for equipment, adding silos, change some to working factories, etc.)
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

They designed the starter farm to be the center farm, same place you get for free when starting up farm manager. For more difficulty, you can use farm manager, pick any of the other farms, and sell the buildings in the landscaping demolish option (you get nothing for selling them) and you can replace them with non-free buildings that actually do something. This allows more flexibility for Farm Manager single player, or multiplayer on Elm Creek. The ability to demolish these buildings came in 1.2.0.0, so make sure to update your game.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

They have actually made it very flexible as you can also delete a lot of the decorations on the land you own, not just the buildings. For example on the ‘starter farm’ you can delete the swings and bridges too.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Just a guess, but maybe they want you to use the default farm because the ad billboard is right across the street.
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

The fact many of the new farm buildings on Elm Creek are decorative is the biggest bummer for me regarding FS22. I know we can remove them and put something down, but I love the look of them and would like them to be more functional.

I know there are generic sell points for FS19. They're basically trigger points that can be placed on the ground. Perhaps something like that which acted like a silo could be created. That would at least let us use some of the neat silos and bins that can be found on the Elm Creek map.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Even on console we can buy other farms and sell the static buildings?
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

lawm wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:50 pm Even on console we can buy other farms and sell the static buildings?
I think they added that to the patch in December? If I remember correctly, you need to "Demolish" them.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I liked the doormat addon in FS19 being able to make any house a sleeping trigger.. Maybe for a poor solution, a mod could make an invisible silo, which you can place next to a decorative silo to get it working...

I was fuzzed about that barn too.. Would be nice to be able to use the barn inside as storage, but with all the wooden beams in the way I didn't even try to get stuff into it.. And at least the silo should be able to store something.. Would be cool if the inside of the barn was some autoloading storage where you could drop stuff you could store there off somewhere, and it'd appear neatly stacked inside..
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

ctb123 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:52 pm
lawm wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:50 pm Even on console we can buy other farms and sell the static buildings?
I think they added that to the patch in December? If I remember correctly, you need to "Demolish" them.
Or select them when in build mode, which I think is r3 when the cursor is over the item and then select ‘sell’. It has the same end result, I just find it quicker than switching between build and demolish.

Also as I posted earlier, you can do this on some of the decorations too. One of my stream crossings is now missing a bridge 😆
lawm

Post by lawm »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:37 pm
ctb123 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:52 pm
Or select them when in build mode, which I think is r3 when the cursor is over the item and then select ‘sell’. It has the same end result, I just find it quicker than switching between build and demolish.

Also as I posted earlier, you can do this on some of the decorations too. One of my stream crossings is now missing a bridge 😆
I missed that. This game keeps making it hard for me to hold out. I'll have another look and see where I may wanna start my serious go thru
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:17 am Making them decoration only on release was poor especially as it was on the welcome screen then to still not alter that on the patch and only make them removable was a very poor solution *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*
Wait, they're removable?? I didn't even know that. I will just remove them. But first I'll try to quickly make a silo trigger into a mod and see if it's not too complicated.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

SimpleFarmer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:57 am
norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:17 am Making them decoration only on release was poor especially as it was on the welcome screen then to still not alter that on the patch and only make them removable was a very poor solution *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*
Wait, they're removable?? I didn't even know that. I will just remove them. But first I'll try to quickly make a silo trigger into a mod and see if it's not too complicated.
I think I am correct in saying that not that I have been on it post update. If you took an existing silo mod and removed the visible parts you didn't want in GE maybe that would work.
Last edited by norfolk farmer on Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.