Gaming pc

W4RN3RJ0NNY210

Gaming pc

Post by W4RN3RJ0NNY210 »

Looking at buying a gaming pc or laptop budget is around £700 pounds is anyone running this pc on f22 https://www.argos.co.uk/product/9560675
Pankoke

Re: Gaming pc

Post by Pankoke »

does not look like an gaming PC
Mein System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X @ 6 x 4,70 GHz
MB: AsRock AMD AM5 B650 Pro RS
Arbeitsspeicher: 32 GB Patriot Viper Venom DDR5-5600
Grafikkarte: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 ti
Festplatte: Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 500 GB
Monitor: LC-Power 34" Curved @ 3440x1440
Betriebssystem: Windows 10 Pro
Logitech G25
Saitek Seitenpanel
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Buying a proper gaming PC is impossible in that budget. A decent GPU alone will cost more than that. Come back in two years, maybe crypto will no longer be profitable for small time miners by then and prices will have come down to something at least resembling sanity.
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

Not sure what a "proper" gaming PC is (Mackingtosh) but you should push the budget a little. Minimum 16GB of Ram and a 20- series card or a 30- series if you can. There are plenty of pre-built to be had with decent specs like this https://www.ebuyer.com/1412568-xg-gamin ... d-xg-d5022 at £899 (but with no OS or Wifi so that's an extra cost). Spending a bit more will get you a better and more lasting gaming PC, lower spec is a false economy.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Ahh, yes, but an ok computer is so much better than no computer, right?
I do agree about the ram, if it's within the budget, but should be playable with 8 aswell.

The graphics card works for fs22, as it's a ryzen, i can't say much about the cpu, but it should cope, as it's a slightly better preformance than the one i run.

And, yes i do positivly know that the gfx works, as i run with a gtx1650 :)
Other difference, i got 16 ram, and an intel cpu (i5-9400f)

Just don't expect 200fps and 8k ;)
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
humbe

Post by humbe »

I guess the main point is the GTX1650 card. I guess there should be others that uses that that can give a review of how that works.. And don't get a high resolution monitor ;)
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I run a higher spec PC (I was lucky - bought before the market went too crazy) and I'd say for the price, that spec looks reasonable. However AIUI FS22 isn't too demanding a game. If you play others, it may struggle. So what you really need to do is evaluate the most demanding game you have or will likely in the near-ish future, then spec the PC towards that. That way you won't be buying something short lived then buying something else in a few months, which isn't cost effective. If FS22 is the most demanding one, no worries.

Regarding PC or laptop, if its for games I'd strongly encourage always to go for a desktop PC, since the equivalent performance is always going to be cheaper to achieve. The reason being, for graphics and CPU performance, the limitation with laptops is usually the cooling they can achieve, which is naturally more difficult in a laptop form factor than a desktop case. If you really NEED a laptop, you'll know....and there are reasonable gaming laptops out there these days, its just that they're more expensive than the equivalent desktop.
humbe

Post by humbe »

With todays outrageous prices for components I'm guessing a lot of people could use a budget gaming PC option. I have an updated PC now, but I'm a computer programmer and work with PC for a living, so being able to use it as gaming is a bonus. Investing in a non-budget PC just for gaming, is probably going too deep into pockets for many..

I agree that you usually get more in desktop format than in laptop format. But it's not necessarily the case. It's hard to know what will perform best of option A and B for specific usecases without testing though.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Got a 32 inch aoc, that i use as the main monitor, and run it at it's maximum. And use the same card for the 26 inch secondary, that I almost always have running either a TV show on, or a yt video, while playing, and the gtx1650 does so ok. Got all settings ingame to high or more, and get 30+ fps, even with over 800 bales in view
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...