axial flow 7150 + grain headers

alanarientiziech

axial flow 7150 + grain headers

Post by alanarientiziech »

hello guys, I had a doubt about the header to use in my combine...

I know that different to the game, the variable when speaking about a combine and a header in real life, is the capacity of the feeder and not the maximum horsepower the engine can deliver!

I'm pretty sure that there were plenty of farmers around, and I am asking one question:
1. we all know that the machines/implements thats giants bring to us, are limited to the availability of the same that the manufacturer bring to giants
2. I've searched on web, and quickly found that most headers compatibility of the case 7150 axial flow range from 30 to 40 ft (most 35 and 40)
3. the auger pipe of the 7150 is way more length than the one from the nh ch7.70 (which uses the same headers ingame as the 7150, I know both belong to the same group), but probably, the ch 7.70 is a tier less than the 7150
4. THE QUESTION ITSELF in terms of realism, if I use the terraflex 41ft on mine 7150, I am wrong?!

If someone takes this doubt for me, I am very grateful!
DirectCedar

Re: axial flow 7150 + grain headers

Post by DirectCedar »

Use the one that makes you happy and that fits the "roleplay" that you are trying to do for how you have set up your farm.

Matching the header to the harvester is also very much a function of the crop you are attacking. You need a header that will keep the harvester as full as possible and working close to capacity at reasonable ground speed. Yield and stand of crop varies enormously through grain-growing regions around the world. The same combine may run a 45ft header at 5mph in dryland wheat in Australia, but perhaps use a 25ft header at 3mph in winter wheat in coastal Britain. So pick the one that you like using and make your own story to match it.

OR, install Combine Xperience which accounts for combine loading and power, and you will quickly discover which headers are the right ones for your machines in the crop you're facing.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

And, I believe the 7.70 and 7150 are both Class 7 machines, which means on paper on the average they have about the same capacity (although they're not the same design so there is some variation in certain conditions), and would perform comparatively equally with the same header under the same conditions.
alanarientiziech

DirectCedar wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:25 pm And, I believe the 7.70 and 7150 are both Class 7 machines, which means on paper on the average they have about the same capacity (although they're not the same design so there is some variation in certain conditions), and would perform comparatively equally with the same header under the same conditions.
definively no!

ch 7.70 = 374hp
7150 = 449hp

a claas trion has 367-435hp and only a 35ft header
alanarientiziech

DirectCedar wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:23 pm Use the one that makes you happy and that fits the "roleplay" that you are trying to do for how you have set up your farm.

Matching the header to the harvester is also very much a function of the crop you are attacking. You need a header that will keep the harvester as full as possible and working close to capacity at reasonable ground speed. Yield and stand of crop varies enormously through grain-growing regions around the world. The same combine may run a 45ft header at 5mph in dryland wheat in Australia, but perhaps use a 25ft header at 3mph in winter wheat in coastal Britain. So pick the one that you like using and make your own story to match it.

OR, install Combine Xperience which accounts for combine loading and power, and you will quickly discover which headers are the right ones for your machines in the crop you're facing.
I can take that in consideration
(but the combine xperience is surely not ready for fs22 :biggrin2: )
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

alanarientiziech wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:30 pm
DirectCedar wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:23 pm Use the one that makes you happy and that fits the "roleplay" that you are trying to do for how you have set up your farm.

Trust me and take it from someone who's use a combine in real-life. The combine experience in game will never be that of what a real operator feels and sees. Downed crops, variable yields, views, terrain etc. The mods help but still. GO with what you like the best and what feel's right for your "Farming Simulator" experience as others have said.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
alanarientiziech

deerefarm wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:09 am
alanarientiziech wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:30 pm

Trust me and take it from someone who's use a combine in real-life. The combine experience in game will never be that of what a real operator feels and sees. Downed crops, variable yields, views, terrain etc. The mods help but still. GO with what you like the best and what feel's right for your "Farming Simulator" experience as others have said.
I kinda know, I've made some lessons to work on farm last year, the rpm of the combine ingame is 1800+rpm and in real life for grains are around 900-1100 and maize 450-800, +- that considering grain humidity
garyst

Post by garyst »

The 7150 is my favorite combine in the base game, but the 25' and 28' grain headers feel to small for the combine and the 41' feels a bit too big. Wish there were a 35' available in the base game that would be just the right size in my opinion for the 7150.
alanarientiziech

garyst wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:21 am The 7150 is my favorite combine in the base game, but the 25' and 28' grain headers feel to small for the combine and the 41' feels a bit too big. Wish there were a 35' available in the base game that would be just the right size in my opinion for the 7150.
yep, share the same feelings, that's the cause of the post in any way...