170 Hours and It's Over

Mwal

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by Mwal »

DEERE318 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:52 pm
Wait a second. Now you agree that modding would be dead with another engine? You just said people are "illiterate moron or a closet conspiracy theorist" for suggesting modding would be dead with a new engine. *thumbsup* :confusednew:
In that context yes, I do have the ability to change my opinion on something unlike some folks here…
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

ipodule wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:10 am Farming Simulator is a game with huge potential because it just let's you do what you want and take as long as you want to do it but where it falls flat is because the developers are lacking in both imagination and technical skill.

The game has no atmosphere, no life, no world that you play in. Driving around working your farm, there are no other farmers, you can't have traffic turned on because they're stupid and just get in the way, the people are a joke, they just pop in and wander about like zombies. Own a store or a shop? Why? No people come to it, the doors are closed and the lights are off... so why have it?

While the physics have improved over FS19 they are still a garbage fire of inconsistency. Pallets slip and slide around like they are coated with grease, they still get stuck to the ground, if you touch one that's flipped over it barrel rolls a 14 ton wheel loader like it's made out of paper. Park a trailer with turning front wheels and it will gradually push itself out of position... it will not stay still. Why does it rain? It doesn't affect the crops, doesn't adhere to anything.... tractors have wipers, but why? The rain doesn't stop you seeing out of the windshield. You just get an annoying rain sound for 30 minutes. Animals pop into existence from nowhere, run through buildings and .... that's it. Wanna build a farm? Put some trees in... try and delete them... oh sorry, we couldn't be bothered putting that option in. Why does the game allow terraforming to create sharp edges in terrain? Oh, wait, I know why... your game engine is a parody of a real engine.

Then we have the actual devs. Where are they? Why don't they interact with their players? Not even a little bit. It's ignorant, it's arrogant... it's just plain rude. Why doesn't the game look like the picture at the top of the forum... why are animals trapped in pens not running around in a field like, actual farm animal do? Because you're bad at this. It's the only possible answer. You can't even build a decent sky box that looks like an actual sky with clouds in it... the colours are washed out, lacking any warmth or atmosphere.. mainly because your engine has no atmospherics in it.

Maybe we can email Microsoft and see if they will do a Farm game...
I'm totally agree with you. My favorite game is "Red Dead Redemption 2" by Rockstar. However, I understand that this is a very big company, thousands of workers, Giants is an small company in comparison. RDR2 is too hard, very very good, excelent. So, we shouldn't to compare this game with farming. But... what about "Stardew Valley", an indie game made for ONE person?. Yes, is a farming game. Let's see... mmmm it has retro graphics, but is as game made by one guy. In Stardew:
-You have an small town with some people for chat, know, make present, parties, etc. You can make friends, you can married too hahahaha.
-The game has 4 seasons with 28 days each one. But you don't bore at all. You have a lot of cultives in the season, you can for example grow potatoes, strawberries, etc in Spring. Then in the other seasons you can grow up other things. No machines, this is a game of traditional farming. In winter you can't cultivate anything, but you can to collect wood (very simple), and go to a big mine for collect some minerals and fight against little monsters :D
-Animals... you can have animals!: hens, ducks, rabbits, pigs, cows, sheeps and goats. They have their own barns, but you can see them walking for your farm, near your house... better if you put a wall because they're very curious hahaha. Of course animals don't die in this game: if you don't feed them, they will be angry but you and don't produce anything. Chicken and ducks makes eggs, rabitts and sheeps makes wool, cows and goats make milk, and pigs search truffles near your farm. You can call them with names, so you will love to your "Sandy" hen or your "Robin" pig :D.
-You can fishing in lakes, sea or a river around the map.
-You can cook meals for you, for your wife and of course, for your neighbors. You cook with your own products like eggs, milk, honey...
-Yes, you can make honey and some manufactures like cheese, mayonnaise, wine, etc.

Well, friends, this is a game made for only ONE GUY. And, this guy are always updating the game, adding things, working (however the man takes his time because is only he and other person now I think). He listen to the community.
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

haze87 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:07 pm I have been on many different game forums over the years and seen my fair share of fanboys but you lot take the cake. I've genuinely never seen criticism met with such hostility, even mild criticism.
A few in particular remind me of those old guys that shout get off my lawn (get off my forum) at kids trying to get their ball back
I think your missing the larger picture, while there might be fan boys, the person interacting with you is a troll with multiple accounts that the admit to having who spends as much time attacking positive feedback as they do anything else here. Their definition of defending tends to be throwing the thread off by calling out people who haven’t even commented often times before any mine has commented. Also don’t let them fool you their previous time outs and bans have all been insult based tirades sometimes even homophobic in nature, not just polite disagreements. Basically the person is a troll who can’t help but admit who they are with every new account due to how proud they are of their previous work.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

haze87 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:07 pm I have been on many different game forums over the years and seen my fair share of fanboys but you lot take the cake. I've genuinely never seen criticism met with such hostility, even mild criticism.
A few in particular remind me of those old guys that shout get off my lawn (get off my forum) at kids trying to get their ball back
It's always the same people, after some time you learn to just filter them out as background noise. Trust me, I've been here for a while, don't even notice them any more.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

DEERE318 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:30 pm
I've been put in a time out for calling people fanboys. Those same people have called me names you wouldn't want your kids to repeat.
They think it's Giants I have a problem with. :mrgreen:
No you got ban for homophobic remarks, calling people worse names than anyone else, always being a troll, and for what? A video game? To act like you have friends? I think you have a problem.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:21 pm
DEERE318 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:30 pm
I've been put in a time out for calling people fanboys. Those same people have called me names you wouldn't want your kids to repeat.
They think it's Giants I have a problem with. :mrgreen:
No you got ban for homophobic remarks, calling people worse names than anyone else, always being a troll, and for what? A video game? To act like you have friends? I think you have a problem.
You're the second one who said I was homophobic. Could you point out whatever statement I made that make you think that? Or, are you just repeating what somebody else said?
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:13 pm
I think your missing the larger picture, while there might be fan boys, the person interacting with you is a troll with multiple accounts that the admit to having who spends as much time attacking positive feedback as they do anything else here. Their definition of defending tends to be throwing the thread off by calling out people who haven’t even commented often times before any mine has commented. Also don’t let them fool you their previous time outs and bans have all been insult based tirades sometimes even homophobic in nature, not just polite disagreements. Basically the person is a troll who can’t help but admit who they are with every new account due to how proud they are of their previous work.
Insults for insults. I've been called troll (several time by you alone), asshole and more, and you think I'm just going to run away and not return the what I get. I've said some nasty things, but I give what I get.
Illinois Farmer

DEERE318 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:55 pm You're the second one who said I was homophobic. Could you point out whatever statement I made that make you think that? Or, are you just repeating what somebody else said?
No because it was removed. It was by your account farmboss, talking to plowboy. You can act like a white knight, when you are nothing, but a troll. I still don't understand why you keep coming back. If I was banned I wouldn't make another account to come back.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:27 am
DEERE318 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:55 pm You're the second one who said I was homophobic. Could you point out whatever statement I made that make you think that? Or, are you just repeating what somebody else said?
No because it was removed. It was by your second or third account of cheddar farms, talking to plowboy. You can act like a white knight, when you are nothing, but a troll. I still don't understand why you keep coming back. If I was banned I wouldn't make another account to come back.
Very convenient answer. I'll give you credit for being clever this time.
Illinois Farmer

There is nothing clever about the truth.

Edit: I still have the screenshot and it was actually by your original farmboss. I will not be posting it as it is inappropriate to repeat.
Dale Kieser

Post by Dale Kieser »

If your not happy with it, delete it. Simple as that.
Maybe you can design and produce a new farm game thats better ?
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:58 am There is nothing clever about the truth.

Edit: I still have the screenshot and it was actually by your original farmboss. I will not be posting it as it is inappropriate to repeat.
You got me. However, it was a dig and not homophobic, and he did quite well in the back and forth. I don't think I scarred him for life.
Interesting that you have a screenshot of a message exchange that you weren't part of, from months ago.
Illinois Farmer

Yes, because I reported it to the higher ups, and they took awhile to erase it, so I direct message it. Also it was slander towards a sexual preference.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

ipodule wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:10 am Farming Simulator is a game with huge potential because it just let's you do what you want and take as long as you want to do it but where it falls flat is because the developers are lacking in both imagination and technical skill.
You make some valid points, particularly about amotsphere etc.

However, put these things into perspective. You played the game for 170 hours so it couldn't have been that bad! Your comments come across as very negative, but the game managed to keep you entertained for a substantial chunk of time.

In UK prices it cost you about 25 pence per hour. That sounds like good value. When I don't like a game I usually don't get past 10 hours.

So yes, explain what you don't like but also give some credit where credit is due.

As for saying the devs lack imagination and technical skill, that's a bit insulting about people of whom you know nothing ... and it's inviting your thread to be hijacked (see the usual suspects on pages 3 and 4).
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

It's clear Deere318 is living rent free in some heads on here, not the other way around as some say haha