170 Hours and It's Over

lawm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by lawm »

And I came out and admitted to Mwal not long after.....and then like adults we sorted our differences. I was new. Mwal was tired of me complaining about mods and we butted heads. I realize me acting like a child on a forum isnt getting mods quicker. You just took part of what I did to suit your will. Then left out the aspect that actually requires you to do something that requires effort.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:06 pm And I came out and admitted to Mwal not long after.....and then like adults we sorted our differences. I was new. Mwal was tired of me complaining about mods and we butted heads. I realize me acting like a child on a forum isnt getting mods quicker. You just took part of what I did to suit your will. Then left out the aspect that actually requires you to do something that requires effort.
Ok fine, check the link I shared with Illinois Farmer a couple post back, and you'll see where this began. Just try not to cherry pick like he did.
He likes to say it was my fault. I just say he wouldn't give up, I mean, he's resorted to taking screenshots of my messages.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I think the devs doing their best with the engine that is just simply outdated. This engine capability is maxed out so unless they use a new the game wont see drastic improvements.

This is just my assumption. I'm no expert.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

DEERE318 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 pm Ok fine, check the link I shared with Illinois Farmer a couple post back, and you'll see where this began. Just try not to cherry pick like he did.
He likes to say it was my fault. I just say he wouldn't give up, I mean, he's resorted to taking screenshots of my messages.
And yet you keep bringing my name up, when I'm not even talking to you. Also you blame giants and I proved you were wrong 3 years ago, so time for you to move on. Also I screenshot your message so I could send it to Chris to get it cleared up quicker, because what you said was childish, ridiculous, cross a line, and homophobic. Therefore, grow up and move on.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Fordimus

Post by Fordimus »

lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:06 pm And I came out and admitted to Mwal not long after.....and then like adults we sorted our differences. I was new. Mwal was tired of me complaining about mods and we butted heads. I realize me acting like a child on a forum isnt getting mods quicker. You just took part of what I did to suit your will. Then left out the aspect that actually requires you to do something that requires effort.
I'm not taking sides here. But you can't complain about someone trolling or anything. I read this, clicked a different post, and I see you being a troll/rude to someone else. Something about throwing stones in a glass house?
lawm

Post by lawm »

hun3 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:21 pm I think the devs doing their best with the engine that is just simply outdated. This engine capability is maxed out so unless they use a new the game wont see drastic improvements.

Also the fact that this is cross generational on consoles isnt helping lol
lawm

Post by lawm »

Fordimus wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:36 pm
I'm not taking sides here. But you can't complain about someone trolling or anything. I read this, clicked a different post, and I see you being a troll/rude to someone else. Something about throwing stones in a glass house?
Someone today or in the past? Adhd?
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Why can't people just agree to disagree.. it seems like everyone who "should" have a say in this argument, has taken their say and the respective parties know where the other stands. The mature thing at this point is to move along. I know its the internet but does everyone have to fight just because they can? What else can be accomplished from continuing other than trying to irritate the other party? I have had a row with a couple users on here but once it's over, it's over. Who cares about who said what and whose wittle butt got hurt over it. Your skin seriously isn't thick enough to take a shot from someone on the internet, say your piece and move on? I mean... my mom is seriously sick and almost dead in the hospital right now and if any of you need, we can sit down and have a good cry session.... it would certainly make me feel better to not be crying alone!

As to the 170 hours and over thing.. That honestly makes me sad for everyone who feels that way. Not because there is anything wrong with feeling that way but because I wish you were enjoying the game as much as some of us seem to be. I get it. But still, you know?! I am at close to 600 hours and even tho I have had to take more of a break lately, I feel like I am just getting warmed up. If I could share some of my enthusiasm about the game, I seriously would.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:00 pm Why can't people just agree to disagree..
Yes. Perhaps they just need the full 170 hours.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

ipodule wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:10 am ...

The game has no atmosphere, no life, no world that you play in. Driving around working your farm, there are no other farmers, you can't have traffic turned on because they're stupid and just get in the way, the people are a joke, they just pop in and wander about like zombies. Own a store or a shop? Why? No people come to it, the doors are closed and the lights are off... so why have it?

I did 180 hours on Haut before i needed to take a break to play another game. Now I've just spent some 20 hours finishing off the Platinum trophy on PS4. Prior to that I hadn't even looked at the other maps.

I used the Elm Creek map to complete the contract trophies and the arable trophies. I have to say I really liked the map. It is full of interesting places and lots of closely observed detail. The sorts of things that inspire you to come back and start another role play farm.

It would be nice if the towns had the level of detail and the feeling of everyday life being lived that you get in, say, an Assassin's Creed map. But on the other hand the connection you make with a map is very personal and depends a lot on what your own imagination fills in.

Also agree with some of the things the OP says about the glitches. They can break the immersion. I was just reading through the thread on the Calmsden map - it makes you realise how little things can sometimes spoil it for people. (Also glad that the issues were sorted out for the OP by the ever helpful community)

I have to take breaks from a game. But I have to say FS is one of the very few games I return to, time after time. And for me 22 is good enough to do that.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:37 pm
hun3 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:21 pm I think the devs doing their best with the engine that is just simply outdated. This engine capability is maxed out so unless they use a new the game wont see drastic improvements.

Yeah I think console players like me on my old Xbox one S are dragging other players down with systems like mine haha 😆, although I think the game does go alright for some now dated hardware I use to run it on 👍
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:34 pm
DEERE318 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 pm Ok fine, check the link I shared with Illinois Farmer a couple post back, and you'll see where this began. Just try not to cherry pick like he did.
And yet you keep bringing my name up, when I'm not even talking to you. Also you blame giants and I proved you were wrong 3 years ago, so time for you to move on. Also I screenshot your message so I could send it to Chris to get it cleared up quicker, because what you said was childish, ridiculous, cross a line, and homophobic. Therefore, grow up and move on.
Ok fine, you can have the win.
lawm can have the win too.
I'll be nice from here on.
Princess has successfully mediated.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If that was the case then FS22 wouldn't have had the not-insignificant features they brought to it, features which will continue to be reaped in future games. Granted currently it's hardly perfect with some stuttering, particularly on Xbox Series X/S, showing improvements need to be made (and 1.2 seemed to make it worse for some on PC too), but the graphics and engine have had a major bump up compared to previous games (arguably the biggest bump in quality in the series' history).

That said, GIANTS are currently advertising for a (relatively junior) programmer with experience of the Unity Engine, which could be interpreted in several ways, from using Unity or aspects of it for the mobile game, for creating modding tools (eg GE) or (very unlikely) for exploring it as an engine for future versions of the game - I can't see them using Unity for the main game personally. It would be a heck of a change for GIANTS to move to a whole new engine, and if done poorly could be more steps back than forward, but I think it's fair to say they're open minded enough to at least explore the merits of one to some degree (or poaching ideas) if they're advertising for people with experience of the engine.

GIANTS engine isn't the limitation - the possibilities are endless - the limitation is the system or abilities of those tasked with evolving it - and as I've said numerous times, they've had senior programming jobs advertised for as long as I can remember, but for whatever reason are unable to fill them.

As for those continuing to pull each other's pigtails, if you've been around as long as you claim then you ought to know better. It's bordering on arguing with each other out of boredom because others are refusing to join in, making all of you look like fools.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Just throwing this out there seeing how RDR2 was already brought up here but according to google the average play time to complete the story is 50 hours and the time for 100% completion is….. drum roll please…. 172 hours haha. So when you consider getting 170 hours or more out of the game and being done with it for a while isn’t really that awful. A few other notable AAA games and other games similar to farm sim are as follows, skyrim 34 hours for main quest line, 200ish for a completion style play through. GTA 5 is 32 hours for the main story 80 for a completion play through. Fallout 4 is 30 hours for main story, 160 for 100% completion. Snow runner is about 90 hours for the story, completionists are around 190. Stardew valley is 54 hours to complete the main story and 150 hours for 100% completion. Ets 2 is around 100 hours average for all play styles. ATS is around 75 for all styles. Fs19 all style average is 225 hours. All styles average for Fs17 is 160.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Yeahrightio wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:23 pm
lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:37 pm

Yeah I think console players like me on my old Xbox one S are dragging other players down with systems like mine haha 😆, although I think the game does go alright for some now dated hardware I use to run it on 👍
Yes the game does fine from my perspective....on my outdated PS4 lol