170 Hours and It's Over

h3rich

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by h3rich »

Don't forget the premium priced DLCs for it...and of course...no Update until the DLC is complete...so F*** the customer if he paid only once!

How come some modders can add more functionality to the game with scripts in the first year than Giants did in 3 years of development?

You can sell complete garbage to some people and they will still praise it like it's golden. It's the reason nothing advances in FS...or it does at a veeeeery slow pace (14 years for gearboxes?)...
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Stegei wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:00 pm The next patch is currently in development and will be released in a couple weeks from now.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

h3rich wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:49 pm Don't forget the premium priced DLCs for it...and of course...no Update until the DLC is complete...so F*** the customer if he paid only once!

How come some modders can add more functionality to the game with scripts in the first year than Giants did in 3 years of development?

You can sell complete garbage to some people and they will still praise it like it's golden. It's the reason nothing advances in FS...or it does at a veeeeery slow pace (14 years for gearboxes?)...
I very much doubt whether praise or criticism in this forum, or others, drives the pace of change at GIANTS -- at least, not when compared to sales.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Frag wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:35 pm I do love the Farming Simulator series. I do have more than 1000 hours in FS19 and will probably have more in FS22. So I LOVE this game, however it does not stop the OP from being right. The engine of Farming Simulator is way late when compared to all the other game engines out there. For god sake, it is still sunny while it rain. I feel that Giants should seriously consider completely retiring the engine and fly to a modern one in the next release. It was a surprise to me that they did not do this in FS22.

Also, for all the forum members who think that having a third party engine would kill the mods support capability, you are wrong. The engine of a game and its modding capability have nothing to do with each other.
Yeah, that excuse about modding is just silly.
Somebody will make up an excuse, and it will be used by everyone else until the cows come home. They are still using the excuse from 6 years ago about the engine.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

ipodule wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:10 am Farming Simulator is a game with huge potential because it just let's you do what you want and take as long as you want to do it but where it falls flat is because the developers are lacking in both imagination and technical skill.

The game has no atmosphere, no life, no world that you play in. Driving around working your farm, there are no other farmers, you can't have traffic turned on because they're stupid and just get in the way, the people are a joke, they just pop in and wander about like zombies. Own a store or a shop? Why? No people come to it, the doors are closed and the lights are off... so why have it?

While the physics have improved over FS19 they are still a garbage fire of inconsistency. Pallets slip and slide around like they are coated with grease, they still get stuck to the ground, if you touch one that's flipped over it barrel rolls a 14 ton wheel loader like it's made out of paper. Park a trailer with turning front wheels and it will gradually push itself out of position... it will not stay still. Why does it rain? It doesn't affect the crops, doesn't adhere to anything.... tractors have wipers, but why? The rain doesn't stop you seeing out of the windshield. You just get an annoying rain sound for 30 minutes. Animals pop into existence from nowhere, run through buildings and .... that's it. Wanna build a farm? Put some trees in... try and delete them... oh sorry, we couldn't be bothered putting that option in. Why does the game allow terraforming to create sharp edges in terrain? Oh, wait, I know why... your game engine is a parody of a real engine.

Then we have the actual devs. Where are they? Why don't they interact with their players? Not even a little bit. It's ignorant, it's arrogant... it's just plain rude. Why doesn't the game look like the picture at the top of the forum... why are animals trapped in pens not running around in a field like, actual farm animal do? Because you're bad at this. It's the only possible answer. You can't even build a decent sky box that looks like an actual sky with clouds in it... the colours are washed out, lacking any warmth or atmosphere.. mainly because your engine has no atmospherics in it.

Maybe we can email Microsoft and see if they will do a Farm game...
But tell us how you really feel?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

You guys are really trying hard to twist stuff, the post subbie shared clearly said “which engine allows as many modding options as the giants engine.” Unless you’re an illiterate moron or a closet conspiracy theorist, that doesn’t say no other game has mods or giants wouldn’t have mods if they changed engines. Try harder you’re coming off extra pathetic lately and it’s been more embarrassing to read than usual.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:39 pm You guys are really trying hard to twist stuff, the post subbie shared clearly said “which engine allows as many modding options as the giants engine.” Unless you’re an illiterate moron or a closet conspiracy theorist, that doesn’t say no other game has mods or giants wouldn’t have mods if they changed engines. Try harder you’re coming off extra pathetic lately and it’s been more embarrassing to read than usual.
Only one trying hard to twist, and say no modding was in defense of Giants engine, and in defense of the shared post.

"
njuska11 wrote: ↑I have a hard time believing that if they could they would not use a different engine. Also you have to understand if they change engine modding is dead. This game is easily moddable beacuse of the engine. And we can all agree that without mods this game would probably died decade ago...
"
Last edited by DEERE318 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amarlich

Post by Amarlich »

njuska11 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:11 pm I have a hard time believing that if they could they would not use a different engine. Also you have to understand if they change engine modding is dead. This game is easily moddable beacuse of the engine. And we can all agree that without mods this game would probably died decade ago...
Quick examples for different engines which support modding on consoles.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim & Fallout 4 / Creation Engine
MudRunner & SnowRunner / Havok Engine
Not to mention the dozens of other games supports modding on pc. So why would be modding dead if they switch the engine ? :confusednew:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

DEERE318 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:12 pm
Only one trying hard to twist, and say no modding was in defense of Giants engine, and in defense of the shared post. It seems you guys are tripping over yourselves.

"
njuska11 wrote: ↑I have a hard time believing that if they could they would not use a different engine. Also you have to understand if they change engine modding is dead. This game is easily moddable beacuse of the engine. And we can all agree that without mods this game would probably died decade ago...
"
Pretty sure they’re right, if you make a massive change many modders will have to learn over again and with the limited popularity of this game turning off a chunk of the modders could quite easily kill the game for many of us. The person who explained changing the engine never answered my question in the thread you shared, just your excuses for why giants is out to get us that lets be honest, no one takes serious anyway.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I will wait until sometime can describe another farming game that does what fs does at the quality. Yes, there are things to improve and giants will. Just be appreciative that you have a farming game to play. Most of you aren't lucky enough to have your own farm, so enjoy what you do have. If you don't like it, stop playing and get off the forum.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:29 pm
DEERE318 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:12 pm
Only one trying hard to twist, and say no modding was in defense of Giants engine, and in defense of the shared post. It seems you guys are tripping over yourselves.

"
"
Pretty sure they’re right, if you make a massive change many modders will have to learn over again and with the limited popularity of this game turning off a chunk of the modders could quite easily kill the game for many of us. The person who explained changing the engine never answered my question in the thread you shared, just your excuses for why giants is out to get us that lets be honest, no one takes serious anyway.
Wait a second. Now you agree that modding would be dead with another engine? You just said people are "illiterate moron or a closet conspiracy theorist" for suggesting modding would be dead with a new engine. *thumbsup* :confusednew:
haze87

Post by haze87 »

I have been on many different game forums over the years and seen my fair share of fanboys but you lot take the cake. I've genuinely never seen criticism met with such hostility, even mild criticism.
A few in particular remind me of those old guys that shout get off my lawn (get off my forum) at kids trying to get their ball back
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:43 pm I will wait until sometime can describe another farming game that does what fs does at the quality. Yes, there are things to improve and giants will. Just be appropriate that you have a farming game to play. Most of you aren't lucky enough to have your own farm, so enjoy what you do have. If you don't like it, stop playing and get off the forum.
....... No!
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

haze87 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:07 pm I have been on many different game forums over the years and seen my fair share of fanboys but you lot take the cake. I've genuinely never seen criticism met with such hostility, even mild criticism.
A few in particular remind me of those old guys that shout get off my lawn (get off my forum) at kids trying to get their ball back
I've been put in a time out for calling people fanboys. Those same people have called me names you wouldn't want your kids to repeat.
They think it's Giants I have a problem with. :mrgreen:
haze87

Post by haze87 »

DEERE318 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:30 pm
haze87 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:07 pm I have been on many different game forums over the years and seen my fair share of fanboys but you lot take the cake. I've genuinely never seen criticism met with such hostility, even mild criticism.
I've been put in a time out for calling people fanboys. Those same people have called me names you wouldn't want your kids to repeat.
They think it's Giants I have a problem with. :mrgreen:
:lol: yea I get it, I'm not too bothered about timeouts. never post much anyway