170 Hours and It's Over

lawm

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by lawm »

Tlx up....tlx down because of the game. Just stop testing mods and fix the game already Giants. I've had more issues in the store than I can shake a stick at.
punchi

Post by punchi »

How are mod testers going to fix the game?
Shouldnt the devs do that?!
lawm

Post by lawm »

Others have said that in the past. So mod testers are only good for testing mods? That's the extent of their abilities?
Bunyip Farm

Post by Bunyip Farm »

ipodule wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:10 am Farming Simulator is a game with huge potential because it just let's you do what you want and take as long as you want to do it but where it falls flat is because the developers are lacking in both imagination and technical skill.

The game has no atmosphere, no life, no world that you play in. Driving around working your farm, there are no other farmers, you can't have traffic turned on because they're stupid and just get in the way, the people are a joke, they just pop in and wander about like zombies. Own a store or a shop? Why? No people come to it, the doors are closed and the lights are off... so why have it?

While the physics have improved over FS19 they are still a garbage fire of inconsistency. Pallets slip and slide around like they are coated with grease, they still get stuck to the ground, if you touch one that's flipped over it barrel rolls a 14 ton wheel loader like it's made out of paper. Park a trailer with turning front wheels and it will gradually push itself out of position... it will not stay still. Why does it rain? It doesn't affect the crops, doesn't adhere to anything.... tractors have wipers, but why? The rain doesn't stop you seeing out of the windshield. You just get an annoying rain sound for 30 minutes. Animals pop into existence from nowhere, run through buildings and .... that's it. Wanna build a farm? Put some trees in... try and delete them... oh sorry, we couldn't be bothered putting that option in. Why does the game allow terraforming to create sharp edges in terrain? Oh, wait, I know why... your game engine is a parody of a real engine.

Then we have the actual devs. Where are they? Why don't they interact with their players? Not even a little bit. It's ignorant, it's arrogant... it's just plain rude. Why doesn't the game look like the picture at the top of the forum... why are animals trapped in pens not running around in a field like, actual farm animal do? Because you're bad at this. It's the only possible answer. You can't even build a decent sky box that looks like an actual sky with clouds in it... the colours are washed out, lacking any warmth or atmosphere.. mainly because your engine has no atmospherics in it.

Maybe we can email Microsoft and see if they will do a Farm game...
Pretty much sums it up. *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
rgullidge

Post by rgullidge »

I agree. I started playing on day one only to find I have never been this disappointed not even when I realised Santa was not real. I have now resumed playing FS17. Much better game and I don't feel like I have just p****d away my hard earned money. Can't wait for next FS but I shan't buying early.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

h3rich wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:36 pm Who said anything about buying anything?

And yes the player base sure is growing...just take a quick look at the steam charts. It must be awesome to lose half of players in only 2 months after release.
Those players will be back today once antonio carraro dlc drops riiiiiight??
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

On Xbox the stutters are still not fixed after 4 months. Also the time I played FS22, the game didn't catch me at all. Things like weeds and stones are implemented badly, also the way how wildlife is implemented is unrealistic. I can still play FS17 and really enjoy, but with FS19 and FS22.... it's lacking to much, the soul is missing.

And Giants is not solving problems but trying to sell dlc's and a season pass. For me FS is a dead end when they going this road, sadly it is.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Lexie wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:21 pm On Xbox the stutters are still not fixed after 4 months.
Which Xbox? On my One X I haven’t had a single issue :hmm:
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:41 pm
Lexie wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:21 pm On Xbox the stutters are still not fixed after 4 months.
I'm using Series S, but I'm knowing from others it's also on Series X. With incab view, mirrors are giving continious stutters.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Lexie wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:21 pm Things like weeds and stones are implemented badly, also the way how wildlife is implemented is unrealistic..
I am guessing you mean how the whole field is covered in either weeds or stones, my guess is this is for the basegame AI workers to function. In 19 I think I am correct in saying the seasons patchy weeds caused the basegame AI not to be able to be used for weeding or spraying herbicide. On PC this could be overcome by using courseplay.
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:41 pm
On XBox One, I don’t have technical issues, either.