170 Hours and It's Over

Feirmeoir Eireannach

Re: 170 Hours and It's Over

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

DEERE318 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:44 pm I could point back to where it began, but I forgot to take a screenshot.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:37 am It's clear Deere318 is living rent free in some heads on here, not the other way around as some say haha
Except, I am just calling him out on not being as innocent as he thinks he is. He also has been bringing me into conversations I'm not even part of. I have never done that. That's a definition of rent free. Also if you are sticking up for him on his remarks towards someone's preference then you are just as bad a he is. There is no need for that. Name calling is one thing, but that's is beyond before the bar. Plus, this person has been ban 3 to 4 times, he shouldn't be allowed back, but he is such a troll, he has multiple accounts. That is ridiculous to have, who does that.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:11 am You make some valid points, particularly about amotsphere etc.

However, put these things into perspective. You played the game for 170 hours so it couldn't have been that bad! Your comments come across as very negative, but the game managed to keep you entertained for a substantial chunk of time.

In UK prices it cost you about 25 pence per hour. That sounds like good value. When I don't like a game I usually don't get past 10 hours.

So yes, explain what you don't like but also give some credit where credit is due.

As for saying the devs lack imagination and technical skill, that's a bit insulting about people of whom you know nothing ... and it's inviting your thread to be hijacked (see the usual suspects on pages 3 and 4).
I will answer this.... The majority of the time I was with the game was actually building a farm, that's the part that is most fun for me then trying to get it all running efficiently, that's my challenge. I have no interest in survival modes or other such things. It's when actually playing the game that the shortcomings become more obvious. Loading a truck with pallets only to watch as they slip and slide around on the trailer and end up in a mess. Or you pick up 2 pallets of strawberries with a 14 tonne loader and it flips the loader over. Plant a tree then realise, wait, if only it was over there... then you know that's about 2 hours messing around with a piece of equipment and a physics system that will not cooperate. I could go on, but I won't.

As for the developers. This entire game is built on the idea of using machinery to interact with the game world. If your game cannot do that with any degree of reliability or accuracy then you have failed in your goal. The physics issues in this game can no longer be seen as accidental, since they have existed for so long. The only logical conclusion we can make is that the coders lack the requisite skills to fix the issue. This would not be the first time this has happened in gaming. Do you really think the creators of Cyberpunk 2077 did not know what a mess it was before they released it? Maybe Giants should hire this person https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vhe6_al02E because clearly they understand how a forklift and a pallet system works. Bugs that are fixed in short order I can live with. What I will not live with is persistent arrogance and ignorance from companies who think they can do and act as they please without consequence. The only consequence they have of course will be, maybe, reading this board and shrugging. But short of the EU passing laws that video games, much like a toaster or a fridge, should work as advertised and you're in trouble if they don't... what else can we do? They could explain themselves on their podcast or their live streams on Steam... but they won't.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:35 pm
Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:37 am It's clear Deere318 is living rent free in some heads on here, not the other way around as some say haha
Except, I am just calling him out on not being as innocent as he thinks he is. He also has been bringing me into conversations I'm not even part of. I have never done that. That's a definition of rent free. Also if you are sticking up for him on his remarks towards someone's preference then you are just as bad a he is. There is no need for that. Name calling is one thing, but that's is beyond before the bar. Plus, this person has been ban 3 to 4 times, he shouldn't be allowed back, but he is such a troll, he has multiple accounts. That is ridiculous to have, who does that.
Seriously dude, check out where it began with you and I. I don't have screenshots, but I am able to do a search. I did it for you.
Follow the link to your own posts, start with "Re: Merry Christmas everyone. Thanks farmboss."

Start at the bottom of the page.
search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... 3&start=15
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

ipodule wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:09 pm
They won't because they know they have the only whole farming game availiable for all platforms. For now they hold this market in their hands...but that can change if some bigger game developer starts a farming sim on a newer engine.

Maybe it's a problem like with many other games that have used the same engine for more than a decade...the original programmers of the engine are all gone and they have no idea what the code does. All they can do is polish it and make small adjustments...
Illinois Farmer

Yeah, you can't figure out how to sell your own grain and you blame giants about something that isn't even how it is done irl. It was your own fault. That has nothing to do with your slender comments. Also, you have been banned 3 to 4 times since then. It is ridiculous you keep coming back. That's the point.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

No lad I'm not sticking up for him or you, actually I'm getting a good laugh at all this nonsense, as parents of young children used always say "if someone is calling you names you ignore them and they will soon stop because they crave the attention" so if you dont like whst he's saying ignore him, simple as that
ipodule

Post by ipodule »

h3rich wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:18 pm
They won't because they know they have the only whole farming game availiable for all platforms. For now they hold this market in their hands...but that can change if some bigger game developer starts a farming sim on a newer engine.

Maybe it's a problem like with many other games that have used the same engine for more than a decade...the original programmers of the engine are all gone and they have no idea what the code does. All they can do is polish it and make small adjustments...
Indeed, perhaps another plucky Indie studio will step up and see the potential but it is a forlorn hope.
Illinois Farmer

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:24 pm No lad I'm not sticking up for him or you, actually I'm getting a good laugh at all this nonsense, as parents of young children used always say "if someone is calling you names you ignore them and they will soon stop because they crave the attention" so if you dont like whst he's saying ignore him, simple as that
That's a good point. You are right.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:32 pm
Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:24 pm No lad I'm not sticking up for him or you, actually I'm getting a good laugh at all this nonsense, as parents of young children used always say "if someone is calling you names you ignore them and they will soon stop because they crave the attention" so if you dont like whst he's saying ignore him, simple as that
That's a good point. You are right.
That means no screenshots either.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:11 am You make some valid points, particularly about amotsphere etc.

However, put these things into perspective. You played the game for 170 hours so it couldn't have been that bad! Your comments come across as very negative, but the game managed to keep you entertained for a substantial chunk of time.

In UK prices it cost you about 25 pence per hour. That sounds like good value. When I don't like a game I usually don't get past 10 hours.

So yes, explain what you don't like but also give some credit where credit is due.

As for saying the devs lack imagination and technical skill, that's a bit insulting about people of whom you know nothing ... and it's inviting your thread to be hijacked (see the usual suspects on pages 3 and 4).
I will answer this.... The majority of the time I was with the game was actually building a farm, that's the part that is most fun for me then trying to get it all running efficiently, that's my challenge. I have no interest in survival modes or other such things. It's when actually playing the game that the shortcomings become more obvious. Loading a truck with pallets only to watch as they slip and slide around on the trailer and end up in a mess. Or you pick up 2 pallets of strawberries with a 14 tonne loader and it flips the loader over. Plant a tree then realise, wait, if only it was over there... then you know that's about 2 hours messing around with a piece of equipment and a physics system that will not cooperate. I could go on, but I won't.
This isn't my play-style so I might have missed something, but by and large I agree with you: Tractors should not bounce into the air when hitting a feeble signpost, trailers should stay where they are put and bale stacks -- (deep breath) -- bale stacks should NOT migrate overnight.
ipodule wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:09 pm As for the developers. This entire game is built on the idea of using machinery to interact with the game world. If your game cannot do that with any degree of reliability or accuracy then you have failed in your goal. The physics issues in this game can no longer be seen as accidental, since they have existed for so long. The only logical conclusion we can make is that the coders lack the requisite skills to fix the issue. This would not be the first time this has happened in gaming. Do you really think the creators of Cyberpunk 2077 did not know what a mess it was before they released it? Maybe Giants should hire this person https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vhe6_al02E because clearly they understand how a forklift and a pallet system works.
Here is where I do not agree that "... only logical conclusion we can make is that the coders lack the requisite skills to fix the issue."
One can speculate on the reasons but it would also be logical to conclude that the developers were working on adding grapes, implementing production chains and so on, and this is where it become a matter of personal preference:

I would happily sacrifice logging, cotton, sugarcane, olives, grapes, production chains for realistic physics and detailed soil mechanics.
I would happily discontinue any form of cross platform, be it console or Mac, for improved PC integration.
I would cheerfully sacrifice FSL for some/better communication from GIANTS ...

... BUT my preferences and opinion really don't matter. What matters are the decisions that GIANTS take, and those inevitably will be strongly influenced by what they think will sell. So far they seem to be right, maybe if FS25 (or FS27 or whatever) tanks on release then the focus will change.
ipodule wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:09 pm Bugs that are fixed in short order I can live with. What I will not live with is persistent arrogance and ignorance from companies who think they can do and act as they please without consequence. The only consequence they have of course will be, maybe, reading this board and shrugging.
I don't necessarily agree with "... persistent arrogance and ignorance ..." because it seems to me that if one hasn't discussed this with the GIANTS developers, then it's an assumption; and why assume malice when there is no need to make any assumption?
ipodule wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:09 pm But short of the EU passing laws that video games, much like a toaster or a fridge, should work as advertised and you're in trouble if they don't... what else can we do? They could explain themselves on their podcast or their live streams on Steam... but they won't.
I see what you are thinking here but if you buy a toaster that turns out to be rubbish, that is fails to toast or burns everything, your recourse is effectively limited to returning the product as "unfit". Maybe there could/should be an enforced minimum return period on a game, but would you expect to apply this to other forms of entertainment? A film that doesn't live up to it's strap line?

The people I have most sympathy for are the new and casual users; people who bought from the "box art" without knowing what they are getting. Long time users, like me from FS17 and others going back to the original FS2008, have less room for complaint because we know what GIANTS implementation of "simulation" is, and the areas where they will and won't spend time and effort. For "us" it's a matter of weighing up "Is the product worth the money?" ... if not, then don't buy it.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:20 pm Yeah, you can't figure out how to sell your own grain and you blame giants about something that isn't even how it is done irl. It was your own fault. That has nothing to do with your slender comments. Also, you have been banned 3 to 4 times since then. It is ridiculous you keep coming back. That's the point.
You just cherry pick what you want instead of reading from the bottom, that's fine.

"Except, I am just calling him out on not being as innocent as he thinks he is."
You engaged me, not the other way around.

"He also has been bringing me into conversations I'm not even part of. I have never done that"
I can honestly say I don't have any screenshots of your conversations with other people, can you say the same?

Whatever your problem is with me, you should let it go.
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

Joking aside I do really like this game but I’ve noticed a huge drop in my channel views going from FS19 to FS22, so there definitely isn’t as much interest as we think and no amount of telling people to like the game changes that, the moment people say something negative about the game a lot of people on here jump all over them to the point of almost bullying them, yeah I know some of the complaints are laughable but coming down hard on these people and being sarcastic isn’t the answer either and that isn’t pointed at anybody in particular
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
lawm

Post by lawm »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:20 pm Yeah, you can't figure out how to sell your own grain and you blame giants about something that isn't even how it is done irl. It was your own fault. That has nothing to do with your slender comments. Also, you have been banned 3 to 4 times since then. It is ridiculous you keep coming back. That's the point.
Fyi he has another name already lined up for after deere318
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:12 pm
Fyi he has another name already lined up for after deere318
Maybe you do too. Remember this?

"Illinois Farmer wrote: ↑Well if you paid attention besides trolling you would know, honkyfarmer created lawm to troll mwal when they weren't getting along. I just don't understand why you need about three different accounts to post the same trolling stuff. It gets old and annoying."

It seems to be accepted when you did it to troll Mwal. Will I get a free pass too if I join the clique?