Autoload for consoles

DEERE318

Re: Autoload for consoles

Post by DEERE318 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:10 pm
DEERE318 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:48 pm Considering how long autoload mods have been around and how popular they are, It would have been a good decision for Giants to include supporting scripts in the base game at release. The least they could do is include them in a future update, but don't hold your breath waiting.
And if such trailers exist in the real world, they probably would have done.

I would have been happier, and I think it would have been more realistic, if when you bought a factory it automatically became equipped with a basic forklift truck that you could ‘borrow’ for loading. Maybe make it so it couldn’t be driven over a certain distance from the factory. The technology for that certainly exists, some supermarkets used to have shopping trolleys where the wheels locked up if you tried to take them too far.
Your idea is perfect for people who enjoy doing the loading themselves. Some people aren't as coordinated or may even have a disability limiting the fine control needed to use the functions.
Some times I like manual loading, and sometimes I would like to have an autoload feature.

I realize IRL people can't just snap their fingers and their trailer is loaded with pallets, but at the same time they can't just snap their fingers and the trailer attaches itself to the tractor. Quality of life features in video games are common, and in the case of autoload it could be used or not.
JaGoose

Post by JaGoose »

I don't mind using the forklift and I would go as far to say I quite enjoy it. However the problem for me is the complete precision involved when stacking products onto a trailer/low-loader. Clipping pallets when loading and sending the whole row everywhere is annoying. Pallets not releasing properly and you have to then micro move the forks to get the pallet off, this is even worse if you are stacking on another pallet and they come crashing down. My trailers looked like a horror show when i was taking my produce to market.

I have now started putting sell points on my farm instead and when it's selling time I can run a couple of pallets at a time and get things sold quicker than having to stack and load a trailer. Happier this way as I still get to do donuts in a forklift but not have to mess about loading trailers over and over. Also easier when you have different produce to take to market on different days. Saves using multiple trailers for different produce.
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

Autoload pallets is as real as auto-download pallets in sell points.

The idea of include a forklift not owned in the factories could help also, at least with that I don't need to buy one for each factory. But for me the best solution is add another output method in factories for provide an autoloading area as with manure, park the trailer push L3 and begin the pallet load process.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Unless they are going to do an official autoload update to the game for free, they should probably just reduce the auto sell tax from 35% to 15-20%.
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

bossmanslim wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:56 pm Unless they are going to do an official autoload update to the game for free, they should probably just reduce the auto sell tax from 35% to 15-20%.
And also add the option for select when you want to sell, because when you put to store automatically generate pallets outside that can not be selled when you change to selling.