Autoload for consoles

Mattorp27

Autoload for consoles

Post by Mattorp27 »

Is there a mod in The works for autoloading pallets on consoles. With so much you can do on fs22. It gets boring spending hours just loading pallets
Vfarms

Re: Autoload for consoles

Post by Vfarms »

No because it would require a script that isn't present in the game
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Vfarms wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:42 am No because it would require a script that isn't present in the game
That' true for physically loading them, I think something is being worked on where it creates a fill type and moves the contents of the pallet somehow.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:44 am
That's pretty cool
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

The point is that Giants could add those scripts to the base game and then there isn't any problem with the consoles limitation.

Additionally, production chains could add an option about the products output, currently there are:
* distribute: send to next production chain
* store: put some pallets outside the facility and store internally the rest of the product
* sell: sell directly the products

It could be a good option split store option in two ways of work:
* store automatic output: as it works by now putting the pallets automatically outside
* store for loading: it works as the new manure silos, park the trailer and load directly in the trailer

This will satisfy to people that prefer load manually with forklift and to people that doesn't like an prefer use the time in other farm tasks

And this could be extended also to the animal pens for wool and eggs, and these facilities can have also the distribute option
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

rmab79 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:54 am The point is that Giants could add those scripts to the base game
They are unlikely to go to the time and effort to do that for something that doesn’t exist in real life.

82 studios are working on a similar idea that was available on fs19 as mentioned above but it looks like it means having separate trailers for each pallet type. Or in this case, flat back’s for a truck.

Neat idea if you only have a certain type of pallet to move but I should think if you are moving multiple types, like on my farm I have chickens and greenhouses with all 3 products, it will be quicker with a flatbed and a forklift then making 3 or 4 runs to the same place, which is a shame.

82 studio mods are awesome though so looking forward to trying them out.
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:02 pm
rmab79 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:54 am The point is that Giants could add those scripts to the base game
They are unlikely to go to the time and effort to do that for something that doesn’t exist in real life.
In real life can you load a manure spreader parking it close to the heap without using a loader? I don't think that all game mechanics must match exactly the real life mechanics must satisfy also the player expectations, and it is a reality that a set, and not small, of the players want this mechanic in the game.
Last edited by rmab79 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

rmab79 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:55 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:02 pm
In real life can you load a spreader parking it close to the heap without using a loader? I don't think that all game mechanics must match exactly the real life mechanics must satisfy also the player expectations, and it is a reality that a set, and not small, of the players want this mechanic in the game.
I didn’t say that all mechanics should match real life. I said it was unlikely that they would go to the trouble of introducing something that didn’t exist in real life. That’s all. Not that they shouldn’t, or even that they wouldn’t. Just that it was unlikely.

I am assuming you read something else totally in the paragraph that you quoted.
BernardC

Post by BernardC »

To Rasping rabbit when i read your sentense :"They are unlikely to go to the time and effort to do that for something that doesn’t exist in real life. " So what do you think about time and efforts for farmers driving trains" and other clownish things in game :biggrin2:
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

BernardC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:08 pm To Rasping rabbit when i read your sentense :"They are unlikely to go to the time and effort to do that for something that doesn’t exist in real life. " So what do you think about time and efforts for farmers driving trains" and other clownish things in game :biggrin2:
Not entirely sure what that has to do with autoloading trailers.

I voiced my opinion, which is they are unlikely to add the script to the game. If autoload trailers existed in real life, then they may do if they wanted to make such a trailer themselves as they have with bale trailers. Again, I didn’t say they shouldn’t or wouldn’t.

Your example of driving trains is an odd one as there is no real reason why a farmer actually couldn’t drive a train, as unlikely as it would be that it would actually happen. Although Nick Welker is a farmer and he can also fly planes, so who knows what farmers do in their spare time. 😆
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

Here there are two problems:
* Console players wants some functionalities, than currently are provided for PC players by mods with scripts from modhub or external webs, for playing in a different ways, maybe want gps in format of guidance steering or similar for avoid overlap in the turns, maybe doesn't want spend time in loading trailers with pallets for the chickens, for rainsins, for bread, for cakes.... These mechanics can be provided only from the base game for console players.
* There are some players than think this autoload mechanics or gps break the way the game must be played and there are PC players that as they have the problem solved with script mods don't see the problem.

For me is easy, please GIANTS as feature request, provide that mechanics in the base game letting players decide if they want to play loading pallets for half hour each day or not, use a GPS for not overlapping or not and for the players that the game provides all that they want the request is: please not go to each thread talking about autoload, gps or similar to say "that has no sense", "that shouldn't be implemented". "you are very lazy, load the pallets with a forklift", "that doesn't exist in real life", ... only respect the way in wich other people want play the game.
Last edited by rmab79 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:49 pm
BernardC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:08 pm To Rasping rabbit when i read your sentense :"They are unlikely to go to the time and effort to do that for something that doesn’t exist in real life. " So what do you think about time and efforts for farmers driving trains" and other clownish things in game :biggrin2:
Not entirely sure what that has to do with autoloading trailers.

I voiced my opinion, which is they are unlikely to add the script to the game. If autoload trailers existed in real life, then they may do if they wanted to make such a trailer themselves as they have with bale trailers. Again, I didn’t say they shouldn’t or wouldn’t.

Your example of driving trains is an odd one as there is no real reason why a farmer actually couldn’t drive a train, as unlikely as it would be that it would actually happen. Although Nick Welker is a farmer and he can also fly planes, so who knows what farmers do in their spare time. 😆
In real life the bakery put in the street pallets of bread under the rain?, If the equivalent in real life is the problem, in real life in most of factories that deliver the products in pallets the factory employees load the trailers, that the logistic area (internal or external) park in the door (that is my proposal / feature request), nobody IRL goes with a tractor equiped with a frontloader with forks to a bakery to load pallets in a bale trailer.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

rmab79 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:54 pm
In real life the bakery put in the street pallets of bread under the rain?, If the equivalent in real life is the problem, in real life in most of factories that deliver the products in pallets the factory employees load the trailers, that the logistic area (internal or external) park in the door (that is my proposal / feature request), nobody IRL goes with a tractor equiped with a frontloader with forks to a bakery to load pallets in a bale trailer.
No idea why you quoted me onto this comment? Did you have problems reading the posts that you keep quoting? I didn’t disagree with anything you said. I didn’t make any comments about what should or shouldn’t be added to the game or what was realistic or unrealistic. One of the good things about this game is that it allows everybody to play the game the way they want to, realistically or not.

For the last time, I said it was unlikely that they would add the script for it. That’s all. Unlikely. I realise that you and many other players, me included, would actually like it to happen but unfortunately that doesn’t make it any more likely.

Players have been asking for autoload pallet and log trailers since at least fs17 and giants haven’t added them into the game, therefore my opinion that it is unlikely is pretty justified.
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

Maybe in FS17 and FS19 there wasn't this quantity of pallets spread on different points of the map, now pallets are part of a lot of points in the game and core in the new production chains.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I wouldn't have a problem with pallets if they actually worked. However, they don't so it would be nice to have some workarounds.

Still hoping the CSZ pack gets updated for FS22. I literally can't deal with pallets without it.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!