Autoload for consoles

Noraf

Re: Autoload for consoles

Post by Noraf »

rmab79 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:51 pm ---snipp---

For me is easy, please GIANTS as feature request, provide that mechanics in the base game letting players decide if they want to play loading pallets for half hour each day or not ---snipp---
They already have though, for the new production chains. It's called distribution and selling in the production chain menu...
Fot the old stuff, you still need to load the pallets the good old fashion way. Ohh, and same goes for honney. Not sure why that, as a new addition, is treated as the old ones?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

Noraf wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:32 pm
rmab79 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:51 pm ---snipp---

For me is easy, please GIANTS as feature request, provide that mechanics in the base game letting players decide if they want to play loading pallets for half hour each day or not ---snipp---
They already have though, for the new production chains. It's called distribution and selling in the production chain menu...
Fot the old stuff, you still need to load the pallets the good old fashion way. Ohh, and same goes for honney. Not sure why that, as a new addition, is treated as the old ones?
The problem is not with the delivery, it is with selling that have two points if I put to sell I can't control when it is sold and additionally I lost 40% of the income,.
Motologist

Post by Motologist »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:28 pm
Still hoping the CSZ pack gets updated for FS22. I literally can't deal with pallets without it.
I think I saw it on the testing list last week... Must've failed this time, but it appears to be coming.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

^^^That's some good news!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

rmab79 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:51 pm For me is easy, please GIANTS as feature request, provide that mechanics in the base game letting players decide if they want to play loading pallets for half hour each day or not, use a GPS for not overlapping or not and for the players that the game provides all that they want the request is: please not go to each thread talking about autoload, gps or similar to say "that has no sense", "that shouldn't be implemented". "you are very lazy, load the pallets with a forklift", "that doesn't exist in real life", ... only respect the way in wich other people want play the game.
100% agree, well said.

My opinion on it - and I totally respect that others don't like loading pallets and want an alternative - is that its PART of the gameplay. As a broad example, cereals might give eg £3000 profit (per unit area of land), and are easy to transport. Something which is more awkward, and needs pallets to be loaded typically many times onto a flatbed trailer (for example....eggs) gives £4000 profit. If you compared the two start-end, on an hourly pay rate basis, then they equalise. Of course, it may be possible to develop a particularly efficient operation eg auger wagon use, bulk transport/selling eggs by leaving a trailer there for the year and doing 1 trip, etc. then one or the other may squeak ahead. Autoloading pallets would be a big step though.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

In Construction Simulator there’s an option at the building supplies store for your truck to be loaded for you for a small fee, maybe something like that? You don’t see it happen but you’re basically paying someone to do the forklifting for you.

I agree that it would be less onerous a task if it was better implemented, I’ve had a couple of pallets randomly yeet themselves or fall off the trailer because another one came near it but didn’t touch it. The thing I struggle with most though is getting the damn things off the forks when they’re on the trailer, up a bit, try to back up, down a bit, try to back up, tilt a bit, try to back up, tilt the other way, try to back up…
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

chale8 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:42 pm The thing I struggle with most though is getting the damn things off the forks when they’re on the trailer, up a bit, try to back up, down a bit, try to back up, tilt a bit, try to back up, tilt the other way, try to back up…
When the pallet is very near the ground/trailer, lower it a tiny bit more to just touch it then tilt up and down a little each way, it will show when its truly level by it being the lowest point the tractor will go to. Then raise and lower until the load stops moving but the tractor is just on its way up- this shows the weight has come off the front of the tractor. This should be the position the bales can be easily slid out. Of course, rough ground or rough handing of the controls don't help.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

paul_c wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:56 pm
chale8 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:42 pm The thing I struggle with most though is getting the damn things off the forks when they’re on the trailer, up a bit, try to back up, down a bit, try to back up, tilt a bit, try to back up, tilt the other way, try to back up…
When the pallet is very near the ground/trailer, lower it a tiny bit more to just touch it then tilt up and down a little each way, it will show when its truly level by it being the lowest point the tractor will go to. Then raise and lower until the load stops moving but the tractor is just on its way up- this shows the weight has come off the front of the tractor. This should be the position the bales can be easily slid out. Of course, rough ground or rough handing of the controls don't help.
Thank you. It's spotting that point where the weight's come off I've been struggling with. Still need to practise but following your advice did make it easier. :)
CundoSoilder13

Post by CundoSoilder13 »

At the moment there are only two mods with Autoload, which are the following:
*Rolland Pack.
*Pong Pack.
In both cases you should read the description to find the trailers that have the Autoload function, but they are only available for bales :coolnew: , unfortunately there are not yet for pallets :sadnew: .
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

Some modders were able to make it work for fs19 on console so Im hopeful it will come to 22. I liked Blacksheeps poultry house mod that came with a trailer that would autoload the pallets if you parked it by the belt, so maybe thats what needs to be done is mod a production building that comes with the ability built in. Modders have been very creative in finding ways past the "no scripts" rules.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Pallets are a pain with a pallet fork on a tractor. Someone mentioned in another post or thread how much easier it is to handle them with a forklift, and they were right.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

wheelmansteve wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:59 pm Pallets are a pain with a pallet fork on a tractor. Someone mentioned in another post or thread how much easier it is to handle them with a forklift, and they were right.
Forklifts make an amazing difference. It takes no time at all to load up trailers with them.
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

Forklifts are ok, but it is a bit annoying moving the forklifts to each factory to load the pallets, by I've put a forklift in each factory that is not inside the farm, but this I don't like it.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Considering how long autoload mods have been around and how popular they are, It would have been a good decision for Giants to include supporting scripts in the base game at release. The least they could do is include them in a future update, but don't hold your breath waiting.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

DEERE318 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:48 pm Considering how long autoload mods have been around and how popular they are, It would have been a good decision for Giants to include supporting scripts in the base game at release. The least they could do is include them in a future update, but don't hold your breath waiting.
And if such trailers exist in the real world, they probably would have done.

I would have been happier, and I think it would have been more realistic, if when you bought a factory it automatically became equipped with a basic forklift truck that you could ‘borrow’ for loading. Maybe make it so it couldn’t be driven over a certain distance from the factory. The technology for that certainly exists, some supermarkets used to have shopping trolleys where the wheels locked up if you tried to take them too far.