Giant's Pls include snow contracts in the next update/patch

deerefarm

Giant's Pls include snow contracts in the next update/patch

Post by deerefarm »

I know snow removal contracts have been discussed a lot in previous topics, but please, please Giant's include snow removal contracts in the next patch. They have so much potential to improve the game, especially as you chose to make season's a part of FS22.
There are so many ways you could do this, from plowing or salting the roads to clearing the parking lots of non-buyable business like the Grocery Mart. The same concept would apply as to contracts for fields, clear 90% of the parking lot and you get paid. Or you get paid x $$ per X distance of the road you salted/plowed.
Roads might be harder to include as you didn't include those with snow levels, but the parking lot of the Fire Station on Elm Creek (for example) out to be pretty easy to do. Same with the parking lot of places like the vehicle dealership.
Business' that the player owns wouldn't be included as it's up to the owner to clear the parking lot.

If you as players think this is a good idea, pls respond to this post and show Giant's we are serious about it. They paid "lip service" to the idea at Farm Con and said "we'll look into it" which means, not something we're looking at or don't think it important. So like I said tell Giant's we're serious about this idea.

To take this idea further or add validity to it. Where I live in Canada the average house will pay between 100-300 dollars per year to have a farmer/contractor clear their driveway for the season so they don't have to. Business pay a lot more.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
deerefarm

Re: Giant's Pls include snow contracts in the next update/patch

Post by deerefarm »

A further thought, houses/business could have numbers assigned to them the same way as fields do so you'd know where to go. As you're just adding number it shouldn't require a re-do of the map and shouldn't affect you maps progress. These number could be assigned in the 100's so that they wouldn't get confused with field numbers. Again using the fire station as an example on Elmcreek the number could be 105 and the contract awarded accordingly.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I will throw my hat in on this, I like it and it seems like a slight oversight that it wasn’t included. I would also add that snow hauling contracts would be really cool as well. A day after it snows the parking lots could clear and snow hauling contracts could appear. Once you accepted a contract a large pile would appear on the lot and you would get payed per liter you hauled away and dumped on your own property. Much like the OP described you would remove the snow until a certain required percentage was reached then the contract would clear and you would be able to accept payment.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Agreed. Snow removal is really useless otherwise, other than to role play cleaning your own yard....
PC gamer.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

With the existing contracts it is pretty easy to determine the success conditions (grain contract bug not withstanding) there are marked fields and you know the bounds of said field. How would the game, and the player determine what the success conditions are for a salting, or clearing contract?
The hauling idea has merit, even for non-snow items. e.g. spawn in a bunch of material on accepting contract, get paid for delivery of a percentage (like fertilizer contracts, not 100% but most)
I don't see how snow plowing contracts would work without defining new "snow fields" and snowfall amounts would certainly play into it.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Pencil me in agreement with the above. I like the tools available on 19 from modders, but not enough to do it for free. Thanks for the thought out post from OP, hope the powers that be see this!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Seedy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:22 pm With the existing contracts it is pretty easy to determine the success conditions (grain contract bug not withstanding) there are marked fields and you know the bounds of said field. How would the game, and the player determine what the success conditions are for a salting, or clearing contract?
The hauling idea has merit, even for non-snow items. e.g. spawn in a bunch of material on accepting contract, get paid for delivery of a percentage (like fertilizer contracts, not 100% but most)
I don't see how snow plowing contracts would work without defining new "snow fields" and snowfall amounts would certainly play into it.
I suppose the player would determine the snow needing to be cleaned by another mini map tab that could show the area needing removal. It could show like the red from needing to plow your field, make a pass through and the colors gone. That way the player would have that as a backup if the parking lot area wasn’t obvious enough. As far as the game goes I suppose the parking lots up for contract would need some sort of defined borders like a field then it would all fall into the system the OP described in the first two posts.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I dont have Griffin19 installed anymore, but I thought ajFarmer had it set up that when you accepted the contract little flags were placed so you knew what needed cleared. Like at the shop it was only like half of the parking lot etc. My only regret was the roads needed cleared. I prefer the state take care of that and I get to rake the businesses who waited until the last minute to make preparations lol
Frag

Post by Frag »

There are many things that I miss from FS19 .... snow contact removal in few maps where a great fun and a breathe of fresh air every winter. I really liked taking a break from the field work to clean some snow during the winter.

Yes please give us the snow contract back!
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

So I'm playing 2 day seasons on Erlengrat and we got a lot of snow. I tried removing the snow from other business (both ones that I own and those that I don't) and it won't let me remove the snow from the parking lots. The only place I can remove snow from if my farm. So I can't even "roleplay" snow removal contracts. I thought you'd at least be able to remove it even though there's no official contract for it. Really Really terrible implementation.

Ok so I fast forwarded to winter on ElmCreek and it will at least let me clear snow from "other" parking lots on that map....
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I would LOVE to see this added to the game... as is I roleplay and pay myself a couple grand for snow removal on a lot.. irl we would use our case backhoe in the winter clearing parking lots during bad weather to the same effect. in the winter its honestly super easy money in a heated tractor, just sayin.. in game there isn't much point but being on pc, I can pay myself fairly for whatever work I do so I enjoy it just the same
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Xtrememaster

Post by Xtrememaster »

Better have more potato , sunflower, soyabeans contracts

And some higher rewards.. Dont going waste my time on 4000 euros or less, if they can be easier earned on the own farm.
Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
johnlinden

Post by johnlinden »

We are a busy buch, I myself like more contracts, but Giants have taken the transport contracts away. Anyone else miss them?
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

This could make a great addition in the expansion update. Since snow is new, it makes sense to be able to make money from it in some way.
W1der

Post by W1der »

I still haven´t seen any snow that actually covers the ground even though I have this setting on ... :hmm:

A bit dissapointed so far ... :neutralnew:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5