why all the easy cash in all maps?

MrXNor

Re: why all the easy cash in all maps?

Post by MrXNor »

lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:33 pm Adhd? You should struggle with finding all of the tokens or whatever they are called

Symptoms
Impulsiveness.
Disorganization and problems prioritizing.
Poor time management skills.
Problems focusing on a task.
Trouble multitasking.
Excessive activity or restlessness.
Poor planning.
Low frustration tolerance.
dont hurt your head with all the doctoring, not all persons are alike. And my brain is not the issue here, neither am i trying to "ruin the game" for all the persons that dont want to work for cash here. I just want to know why the need for those items are ingame. thats it..
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:56 pm There has been others that complain that they can't make any money at all or expenses are too high, so a little give and take I guess to try and satisfy everyone.
So why not just add a "remove collectible" button? saves people always having to play janitor to roleplay.
lawm

Post by lawm »

if you have to label an affliction you suffer from when posting, the issue isnt with the game
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 pm if you have to label an affliction you suffer from when posting, the issue isnt with the game
oh get over it ffs.
lawm

Post by lawm »

MrXNor wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:04 pm
lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 pm if you have to label an affliction you suffer from when posting, the issue isnt with the game
oh get over it ffs.
Oh....get over .......yourself.....FFS
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:08 pm
MrXNor wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:04 pm
oh get over it ffs.
Oh....get over .......yourself.....FFS
i get it, you like free money, clutter, toys all over and thing thats fun and realistic. Good for you..
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

MrXNor wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:37 pm ........
Finding magical wooden toys all over the place no matter where you turn, that pops money into the bank when you touch them, kinda breaks the immersion. With apparently more and more items like that added, im JUST wondering why. Why is there a need for it? I thought this was a farming sim, not a toys are us collectible edition?
I think its simply to broaden the appeal/stuff to do in the game. Its a bit artificial but its there. In fairness, I did it first few winters rather than just sleep through the winter months, but now I'm more into it I'm finding other, farm-related useful things to do.

FS22 has much more stuff than I'd say you've covered . I'd look at diversifying crops, animals, production plants just to see what interests you and varies the tasks you can do. That way, you can keep busy and the toys shouldn't be too distracting or game altering?
humbe

Post by humbe »

I dont understand the collectibles either. But havent looked for any and havent seen any. I also like to play money restricted and work for it. Setting up a game for Calmsden now. Im starting from scratch and setting up my starting point. Gonna start with only sheep field and farm yard and some old gear. Not sure what I'll do with the free field 23 but might start of with that one too then.

But on PC I can edit savegame to easier create my own scenario. Turning all my starting gear to used and pretty much worthless gear. A bit trickier on console.
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:46 pm Glad you edited your original post by conveniently removing the bit about your ADHD........
it apparently took too much of your attention, and was overshadowing everything, so it became a simple try from me to stop from being harassed by you. But guess i was wrong there too.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I'm currently doing a hard challenge on Elms Creek. (Optimizing for most money per game time) To keep it hard, I'm
  • Starting from scratch to start off with only $300.000.
  • Not doing any contract work at all. They are free income with no risk so it would be optimal to do them all for income. Want to see if I can get profits from only working own stuff.
  • Not flipping any fields of course. Though it wouldn't help much here, as the AI doesn't seem to take care of their fields when I'm not doing it contracting.
  • Not doing any of these passive income bits. Only doing arable farming for now.
Some takeaways:
  • It is possible to finance enough gear/vehicles with loan to arable farm without leasing. Though even if you use no AI worker, use close to optimal (new) equipment, repair often, and get the most money efficient fields with the most hectares per buck, your profit is still very low. Not enough for you to keep a decent life outside of work, though I guess enough to survive.
  • Buying used gear helps.
  • You can get more than 4% earnings from a field, so you can pay for field by loan, but loan interest will take up possibly well above half your profits.
  • If on the other hand you don't loan money, you're so short, that you can't afford much fields at all, so your profit will also be low. Buying used gear and some luck on what used gear becomes available, you can get started on a field without a loan.
Starting from scratch to limit your funding to 300.000 and playing on hard economy seems like a pretty rough start to me.. Though I haven't tried the collectibles.. And some maps are a bit annoying to start from scratch.. Would be nice with a built in new "new farmer" setup, but more money restricted. Starting with little fields and already used and aged equipment, so it's close to worthless to sell.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

GIANTS and probably popular map makers will want to balance the game for many different play styles. Most players don't have 10+ hours a week to sink into FS, while those who do have that time and like to roleplay a more grind-like style will usually know ways to either edit the money (on PC) or reduce it through buying and selling equipment or buildings or repainting tractors for example (on console).

Personally I think the collectables, on Elmcreek at least (the map I've played most) are hardly in your face and are often well camouflaged or hidden, and if you only collect those which annoy you won't make enough to change your game (£/€/$ 1,000 per item).
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

MrXNor wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:21 pm im just baffled by the sheer amount of easy cash that apparently people have to get for free. LIke on calmsden, there are several items you can sell for almost half a million. why? and why is there like an absolute must that the game has to be made into a treasure hunt? i thought it was a farming sim? Is it normal where you are that there are 50000 euro game cartridges just lying around to get? if so where is that cause damn im going there...
I think it’s been stated already but the base game maps are built in an attempt to cater to everyone. The game leans heavily in modded maps for longevity and to satisfy other play styles so it’s best to give it some time, who knows what’s in that massive testing list. As far as calmsden goes, I’m not sure if you’re aware but members of the community make mods to their liking and CHOOSE to share them with the rest of us. If you don’t like a mod or something about one it’s best to move along and find another you do. It can take hundreds or even thousands of hours and years of free time to create mods for little to no return. Good to keep that in mind when getting upset about one.
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

Mwal wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:21 pm
MrXNor wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:21 pm im just baffled by the sheer amount of easy cash that apparently people have to get for free. LIke on calmsden, there are several items you can sell for almost half a million. why? and why is there like an absolute must that the game has to be made into a treasure hunt? i thought it was a farming sim? Is it normal where you are that there are 50000 euro game cartridges just lying around to get? if so where is that cause damn im going there...
I think it’s been stated already but the base game maps are built in an attempt to cater to everyone. The game leans heavily in modded maps for longevity and to satisfy other play styles so it’s best to give it some time, who knows what’s in that massive testing list. As far as calmsden goes, I’m not sure if you’re aware but members of the community make mods to their liking and CHOOSE to share them with the rest of us. If you don’t like a mod or something about one it’s best to move along and find another you do. It can take hundreds or even thousands of hours and years of free time to create mods for little to no return. Good to keep that in mind when getting upset about one.
aye ill keep that in mind, i still think that its very irritating in a role playing aspect those damn wooden toys on elm creek lol, but ill manage that part. I just hope there comes along a few good RP maps also
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If you're roleplaying and they annoy you that much you could just collect them all before you start (and adjust budget afterwards accordingly), or if you're on PC just edit the collectables.xml and find/replace all instances of false to true.

The latter takes all of a minute to do. On console it takes a bit longer obviously, but it's doable.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

MrXNor wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:10 pm Why is there so many shortcuts to money in the maps? Like collectibles.
On calmsden you can just become a millionaire just by selling stuff. SO why?

Is people not ready to work at it? will all maps be like this?
I would really like a map with a challenge and no "temptations" like this for a hard mode on console.

Or am i dreaming? wanting to work for it?
Going back to your original post:
To me the usual "start with two fields and three tractors" just isn't realistic either, most farms are bought and sold as complete units, where if the equipment is included it's an appropriate size for the farm. This is especially the case in the UK where most of the farms have existed in one form or another since the 1773 Enclosure Act. This all comes down to a role-play where a reasonable sized farm changes hands and that needs "free cash": I haven't really worked out my Calmsden farm startup yet but it will probably involve considerably more that one million pounds in land.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just explaining why "free cash" works for my play-style.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads