Why is Giants pushing Discord

Mellek

Re: Why is Giants pushing Discord

Post by Mellek »

Lexie wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:08 pm So they are talking abour a community and they are totally abcent on the forums.... Right
At the bottom of the page is a button "the team" so you can see who of Giants is on this forum, clicking their names shows info (last active, posts etc)
So they are here, just not very actively posting on the English forum, but could be they do read it.

Or they view it as a historic theme park, where the forum dinosaurs roam ! in Sam Neill or Jeff Goldblum style :lol:
lawm

Post by lawm »

Car culture seems to thrive on forums.....that and.....well I'm not gonna name the other spectrum of life that seems to use a lot of forum format lol.
Ro4dKi11

Post by Ro4dKi11 »

Giants are follower not leaders, that's why. Trying to hang out with the cool kids.... Pathetic
Jimbob0704

Post by Jimbob0704 »

All this needs is better moderators to stop things going too far, in FSClub Xbox us moderators as soon as we see things starting to go sour we step in there quickly and delete inflammatory comments if need be, warnings and bans come after that
Owner of YouTube channel FS landscaping
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVa5pA ... kqx5eVXmxw
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Jimbob0704 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:50 pm All this needs is better moderators to stop things going too far, in FSClub Xbox us moderators as soon as we see things starting to go sour we step in there quickly and delete inflammatory comments if need be, warnings and bans come after that
We had MODs here but they un'MOD'd themselves, I assume they were getting fed up with taking all the salt that would otherwise been aimed at Giants for refusing to fix know bugs and generally being silent.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

There are a ton of mods in the discord. They are the same ones that would be mods here, but don't show up.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I tried the discord once and was made fun for wanting more immersion as a console player to the point that I quit and haven't been back since.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

gordon861 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:15 pm
Jimbob0704 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:50 pm All this needs is better moderators to stop things going too far, in FSClub Xbox us moderators as soon as we see things starting to go sour we step in there quickly and delete inflammatory comments if need be, warnings and bans come after that
We had MODs here but they un'MOD'd themselves, I assume they were getting fed up with taking all the salt that would otherwise been aimed at Giants for refusing to fix know bugs and generally being silent.
Presumably "salt" is a code-word to avoid the censor, replacing another word that's s**t ?
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

It's easier to ignore a message on discord because it flies by, and is gone in no time.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:30 pm
Presumably "salt" is a code-word to avoid the censor, replacing another word that's s**t ?
Nope. Salt = salty tears = upset.
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

So you're admitting responsibility? :biggrin2:
Guil

Post by Guil »

MagicBoy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: who's upset?
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

Guil wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:02 pm
MagicBoy wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: who's upset?
Not me. Those that are stick out like a sore thumb and are very sensitive to a game they claim to no longer play because someone found a couple of bugs. 🤣
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:15 pm

It's such a shame the FS community no longer has any decent third-party forums as it's a much better form of discussion for improving and modding for the game.
I really miss the FS-UK website and forum. It was such a great place to source good mods and the forums there were a huge pool of knowledge and helpful people if you wanted to get into modding. Its a shame it all went down the pan in the end. Is there anywhere similar to that now?

I'm really not a fan of Discord. It doesn't serve a wider community very well as its so fragmented. I guess some people just stick to Facebook too but I'm not a fan of that either.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

I've looked in on discord a few times since it came out, nothing has caused me to change my initial impression, which was based on the definition of the word.
1a : lack of agreement or harmony (as between persons, things, or ideas) … must we fall into the jabber and babel of discord while victory is still unattained?— Sir Winston Churchill
b : active quarreling or conflict resulting from discord among persons or factions : strife marital discord discord between the two parties