I miss season from FS19

Frag

I miss season from FS19

Post by Frag »

One of the reason why season was so fun in FS19 was that we had to check the weather all the time ...

- Check the ground temperature to seed at the correct time.
- Plan your grass mowing so it will be sunny for the next few days to get dry hay.
- Plan your seeding so your crop will not freeze ... and so on.

All of this added some kind of stress (challenge) to the game.

When I heard that FS22 would include season I was quite happy... but it just feel that they added the snow, completely forgetting about most of the stuff that was in there.

Anyone knows if a mod is currently under development to bring this all back? Or did Giant said they would add it back at some point.

If someone can enlighten us on this, it would be awesome.
Illinois Farmer

Re: I miss season from FS19

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Last I heard realimus hasn't started working on a seasons mod yet as they were busy with other things.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I think the calendar with seeding and harvesting periods and a representation of a year and seasons is the most basic season feature and a great addition to the game. With still all the fuzz from people wanting to play endless summer I guess Giants quickly realized all these additional nice features would have to be optional.

I agree with your feature request but it doesnt look like either Giants or Realismus are going to do anything about this anytime soon.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

I miss soil management mod from 15... actually had water and irrigation to deal with.

Precision farming was close but soil management was still better.

Hopefully the coming precision farming will add in all the missing soil concerns. If not our only hope is the modders...
PC gamer.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I have to admit I expected a lot more of the weather in FS22, especially temperatures. Bitterly disappointed in that regard. Maybe improved Precision Farming will add these aspects. I'm slowly reaching a point where I would usually take a three-to-six-month sabbatical and then either return or abandon depending on future developments. Here's hoping I won't lose interest in 22 like I did in 19.
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

I miss Knagsted's Case IH 2388 from FS11... Let's not hope more modders loose interest in developing advanced mods when Giants implement simplified versions of the most popular mods to satisfy the great unwashed
humbe

Post by humbe »

Well.. I was missing lotsa mods from FS19, but still fun with new game edition.. And now I see a bunch of mods have gotten into the game, so we're closing in.. VCA is now in.. Yay.. Finally cab driving sorta works again. Sleep Anywhere fixed cheap sleep trigger issue, but now also fairly cheap one existing base game and hobo farmhouses solves it in a better RP way. Store deliveries.. Very useful to make it less work to set up your own starting scenario. Autoloading gear.. For when you tire of manual handling at some size and just want to focus on other aspects, and several nice mods like Player Position Saver and Realistic Cab View. I miss contractor mod, but it's being worked on.. So the only things that comes to mind I'm missing from FS19 at the time is advanced bits of season mod and various mods that made old/cheap/small equipment available.

Giving modders and Giants a bit more time, I find it very unlikely that I'll want to go back to FS19 afterwards..
Sweet Wheat

Post by Sweet Wheat »

For now I'm doing a couple things to work with what we have.
For harvesting I don't start until 10am to simulate moisture on the crop.
Depending on how many days you use in a month I've been treating a long 4-8 hour rain as too wet the next day, a short 1-2 hour rain as ok the next day.
For seeding just using the planting season is basic but it still keeps it to where we have to plant in that window or the crop would fail so it works ok, just not as detailed as we would like.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Obviously purely speculation but maybe the RM team are ready to move on? I mean... every edition of seasons has been a HUGE undertaking, rebalancing almost all the core game mechanics to work around it. with each edition it has grown considerably in complexity... maybe they aren't ready to or simply don't want to throw their lot into it like that this time around? Either way, could anyone blame them? So far as I know, only one of them is getting paid by Giants and it isn't to work on the seasons mod I am sure.
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

All the seb said was they are busy with other projects so we can hope